Witchhunter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
some thougt about SMG2...
Any game can request any (complete)TMD and could check the version and if it is fake signed, that rugbe game already does that but only for one TMD.

And as they are nintendo they basicly can do anything; create a new IOS with new functions which checks hell do I know there are so many ways...

nintendo should really know better than just to try one half-assed check (NSMBW), there was even a backdoor which disabled the BCA check but nobody figure it out...

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
KiiWii said:
just update via wad using Xzxero's guide (the sticky at the top of this forum), then once wadmanager is done installing wads, boot back to HBC, load priiloader 0.4 installer, install, enable all hacks you want (including "prevent removal of HAXX / JODI" etc hack) and reboot, done.

Iv done this on countless wiis. No bricks to date. and no need to rehack from 4.1/4.0/3.4/3.3/3.2 -> 4.2

worst comes to worst, just follow the complete softmod guide from scratch its piss easy.
OP's already on 4.2!
tongue.gif

And please, no more off-topic posts about SMG2, otherwise I'll have to start removing them.

T-Rex

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
KiiWii said:
Iv done this on countless wiis. No bricks to date. and no need to rehack from 4.1/4.0/3.4/3.3/3.2 -> 4.2

Fake.
Bricks happens with some dangerous modifications.

QUOTE(KiiWii @ May 15 2010, 03:54 PM) Priiloader 0.4 final + skip update hack = win

No.
StartPatch win all.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
T-Rex said:
KiiWii said:
Fake.

If he says he's had no brick, then he's had no bricks
rolleyes.gif

T-Rex said:
QUOTE(KiiWii @ May 15 2010, 03:54 PM)
Priiloader 0.4 final + skip update hack = win
No.
StartPatch win all.
Your opinion

FabledGumbo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have this problem, too.

I'm running a legit copy of the game on a softmodded wii updated from 4.2 on the 4.2 system menu. Is it safe to just let the game try to update through the disc channel, or do I risk bricking or having my darkcorps stuff removed?

Edit: Also, would it be a bad idea to try to play online without updating by bypassing the update with priiloader hacks? If this is an exclusive issue to monster hunter, I imagine it's capcom trying to crackdown on people trying to connect to their servers with backup copies of the game.

Edit 2: I went ahead and did the update through the disk channel. None of my stuff bricked or was removed. Looking at it now, I can still connect to the online servers, read game backups using darkcorps, and play things I installed via wads in mod manager. As far as I can tell, it didn't interfere with anything

scof

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
FabledGumbo said:

I'm running a legit copy of the game on a softmodded wii updated from 4.2 on the 4.2 system menu. Is it safe to just let the game try to update through the disc channel, or do I risk bricking or having my darkcorps stuff removed?

Edit: Also, would it be a bad idea to try to play online without updating by bypassing the update with priiloader hacks? If this is an exclusive issue to monster hunter, I imagine it's capcom trying to crackdown on people trying to connect to their servers with backup copies of the game.

Edit 2: I went ahead and did the update through the disk channel. None of my stuff bricked or was removed. Looking at it now, I can still connect to the online servers, read game backups using darkcorps, and play things I installed via wads in mod manager. As far as I can tell, it didn't interfere with anything

Can you confirm that neogamma still runs backups throught discs and usb?

FabledGumbo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
scof said:
Can you confirm that neogamma still runs backups throught discs and usb?

No, I don't use neogamma since I don't usb load. I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work, though. As far as I can tell, the update had nothing to do with homebrew. I imagine it was just something specific to Monster Hunter to prevent exploits.

lulwut

Trophies
XP
Country
T-Rex said:
KiiWii said:

Fake.
o you mean the boot2 update that is now on every game and that so far only has taken a few (i doubt its more then a few hundred that actually had boot2 bricking, unlike you fucking idiots bricking wii and then blaming the boot2 update) wii's from the few million if not billion wii's out there and that can get replaced by nintendo np?
ok; have fun evoiding every update from now on by being an idiot just like all the other idiots that refuse to update from 3.4

admins : if you find it unneeded then just tell me. i want to make it more friendly if you wish.

lulwut

Trophies
XP
Country
hey admins, if its a bit harsh (lol, this is the internet. since when is anything to harsh?) then just tell me to edit it a bit more friendly instead of ghosting it out. cause what i said was pretty much the bloody truth.

friendly version (or 2nd attempt)

T-Rex said:
KiiWii said:

Fake.
o you mean the boot2 update that is now on every game and that so far only has taken a few (i doubt its more then a few hundred that actually had boot2 bricking, unlike idiots bricking wii and then blaming the boot2 update) wii's from the few million if not billion wii's out there and that can get replaced by nintendo np?
ok; have fun evoiding every update from now on by being an idiot just like all the other weird idiots that refuse to update from 3.4 "cause twilight hack gets fixed and no more trucha available"

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Sorry, but we can't go ahead and PM half the temp saying "Please make your post a bit more friendly". (Most people wouldn't listen anyway).

Your post was removed as it has no use anymore to reply to the post you quoted, not for being un-friendly.

Seems people are too used to not have any mods around here :|

lulwut

Trophies
XP
Country
tj_cool said:
Seems people are too used to not have any mods around here :|
its not about that and i dont think you realise that.

i know this post is not going to make any sense to most ppl (if not 99%) but trust me on this;

what this forum needs is not mods. its ppl that aren't hypocrite or accept truth no matter how its said. dolphin-emu is a forum that is the perfect forum to show you what i mean.

with that said im out of here

Silentleet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FabledGumbo said:

Just a question from a noob, did it say Wii System Update for you? and if so did you just let it update?

FabledGumbo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, it called it a system update for me. I went ahead and did it in spite of the warning saying that homebrew could cause update problems and potentially brick the Wii.

So far, so good.

WiiHoney

Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
before you update, make sure you have a nand backup. i used safe update to update my wii to 4.2u.

I used a DOP-MII syscheck to see what will happend if i update throught the disk channel, here is my list before and after the update:

Code:
"DOP-Mii Report"

"Region", North America (U)
"Hollywood Version", 0x11

"Wii Unique DeviceID", xxxxxxxxx
IOS Version, FakeSign, ES_Identify, NAND, Flash

"250 (v65535)",Enabled,Enabled,Enabled,Disabled
"249 (v17)",Enabled,Enabled,Enabled,Disabled
"223 (v4)",Enabled,Enabled,Enabled,Disabled
"222 (v4)",Enabled,Enabled,Enabled,Disabled
"70ÂÂ(v6687)",Enabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
"61ÂÂ(v5405)",Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
"60ÂÂ(v6174)",Enabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
"57ÂÂ(v5661)",Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
"56ÂÂ(v5405)",Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
"55ÂÂ(v5406)",Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
"53ÂÂ(v5406)",Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
"38ÂÂ(v3867)",Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
"37ÂÂ(v3869)",Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
"36ÂÂ(v3351)",Enabled,Enabled,Enabled,Disabled
"35ÂÂ(v3349)",Enabled,Enabled,Enabled,Disabled
"34ÂÂ(v3348)",Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
"33ÂÂ(v3091)",Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
"31ÂÂ(v3349)",Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
"30ÂÂ(v2576)",Enabled,Enabled,Enabled,Enabled
"28ÂÂ(v1550)",Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
"22ÂÂ(v1037)",Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
"21ÂÂ(v782)",Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
"17ÂÂ(v775)",Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
"15ÂÂ(v523)",Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
"14ÂÂ(v520)",Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
"13ÂÂ(v273)",Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
"12ÂÂ(v269)",Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
"9ÂÂ (v778)",Enabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled

Code:
"250 (v65535)",Enabled,Enabled,Enabled,Disabled
"249 (v17)",Enabled,Enabled,Enabled,Disabled
"223 (v4)",Enabled,Enabled,Enabled,Disabled
"222 (v4)",Enabled,Enabled,Enabled,Disabled
"70ÂÂ(v6687)",Enabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
"61ÂÂ(v5405)",Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
"60ÂÂ(v6174)",Enabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
"57ÂÂ(v5661)",Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
"56ÂÂ(v5405)",Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
"55ÂÂ(v5406)",Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
"53ÂÂ(v5406)",Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
"38ÂÂ(v3867)",Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
"37ÂÂ(v3869)",Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
"36ÂÂ(v3351)",Enabled,Enabled,Enabled,Disabled
"35ÂÂ(v3349)",Enabled,Enabled,Enabled,Disabled
"34ÂÂ(v3348)",Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
"33ÂÂ(v3091)",Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
"31ÂÂ(v3349)",Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
[b]IOS30 removed[/b]
"28ÂÂ(v1550)",Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
"22ÂÂ(v1037)",Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
"21ÂÂ(v782)",Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
"17ÂÂ(v775)",Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
"15ÂÂ(v523)",Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
"14ÂÂ(v520)",Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
"13ÂÂ(v273)",Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
"12ÂÂ(v269)",Disabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled
"9ÂÂ (v778)",Enabled,Disabled,Disabled,Disabled

IOS30 was removed and it didnt install no stubs.

result may vary

bravilor

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey guys,

Could someone please help me out with my following concern?
I'm a total noob with Wii-modding so i don't understand much of all the patches and updates and stuff, but here goes my question:

I have a Wii (obviously) and i've had it hacked for playing the homebrew channel. I didn't do this myself but payed some guy and i saw him doing it using Twilight Princess so that's the hack.

Now i've buyed a LEGAL version in the store of Monster Hunter Tri (just in case for online modus) but when i put it in my Wii it wants to update and says that it might 'brick' the Wii.

I haven't updated anything since the hacking thing (winter 2008?) and haven't used internet on the Wii, so this will be the first time it wants to update.

What should I do? To update or not to update?

I wouldn't really mind if the homebrew-channel was lost or losing savegames or something because i don't play very often, but destroying the Wii is kind of the other thing...

Any recommendations very much apreciated!

Thanks in andvance!

fastrman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bravilor said:
Hey guys,

Could someone please help me out with my following concern?
I'm a total noob with Wii-modding so i don't understand much of all the patches and updates and stuff, but here goes my question:

I have a Wii (obviously) and i've had it hacked for playing the homebrew channel. I didn't do this myself but payed some guy and i saw him doing it using Twilight Princess so that's the hack.

Now i've buyed a LEGAL version in the store of Monster Hunter Tri (just in case for online modus) but when i put it in my Wii it wants to update and says that it might 'brick' the Wii.

I haven't updated anything since the hacking thing (winter 2008?) and haven't used internet on the Wii, so this will be the first time it wants to update.

What should I do? To update or not to update?

I wouldn't really mind if the homebrew-channel was lost or losing savegames or something because i don't play very often, but destroying the Wii is kind of the other thing...

Any recommendations very much apreciated!

Thanks in andvance!

I have the same problem. Looking for something that says it is ok to update with me having a modchip in the wii. I have version 4.2u and I do not use the internet. So what do you guys suggest?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just Luv having CEX :)