Gaming Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Not Starting

Vorkhan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
When I try to launch my MH4U ROM I just get a black screen until I hard reset the 3DS. I've tried updating my emuNAND and even downloaded the update for the game itself, but it's still not launching.

Appreciate any ideas.

GameSystem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try waiting a minute or two. It's a pretty big game, so it takes longer to load than others. It even kicks you out of GW mode when you close it, similar to smash 4. It takes around a minute of black screen before it loads for me.

Vorkhan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Doesn't seem like that's doing the trick - I've left it on the black screen for a solid 5 minutes now and nothing's happening.

Cid2mizard

Trophies
XP
Country
France
When I try to launch my MH4U ROM I just get a black screen until I hard reset the 3DS. I've tried updating my emuNAND and even downloaded the update for the game itself, but it's still not launching.

Appreciate any ideas.

I have same result MH4U doesn't works with my Gateway

GameSystem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess you can try getting the rom from a different site. You might have gotten a faulty one. The one I downloaded was a private dump and it worked.

upr120

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I bought a legit copy of MH4U and I've got the same problem. The game freezes immidiately after launch. I'm using MT EmuNAND (updated to 9.5)...

Rob Green

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey, Lemanuel. I have talked to you in the gateway forum also.
I was wondering why gateway3DS split my ROM into 2 parts.
Is there any way to either have gateway not split the file or convert it back to a single file?
I would like to have it usable on my sons Sky3DS card.

lemanuel

Maxconsole's All-Knowing Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
hey, Lemanuel. I have talked to you in the gateway forum also.
I was wondering why gateway3DS split my ROM into 2 parts.
Is there any way to either have gateway not split the file or convert it back to a single file?
I would like to have it usable on my sons Sky3DS card.

I answered your PM ;)

DarkSeele

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Did you guys try the .cia version? I did it because Im still waiting for my MH4U limited edition new 3ds and transfer my save with waitway in the future

Vorkhan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You need at least 1GB of free space in the SD card.

Huh, interesting. Ok, well taking a look at my SD card I'm noticing something potentially weird: only 852MB of its 2GB capacity (although diskpart lists it as 1876MB capacity) is assigned to the volume GATEWAYNAND. So in my explorer it looks like the SD card is 852MB, and about a hundred megs of that is used with game saves and such. Is this normal behaviour for a 3DS SD card with Gateway on, or is my SD card somehow missing half of its capacity?

lemanuel

Maxconsole's All-Knowing Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Huh, interesting. Ok, well taking a look at my SD card I'm noticing something potentially weird: only 852MB of its 2GB capacity (although diskpart lists it as 1876MB capacity) is assigned to the volume GATEWAYNAND. So in my explorer it looks like the SD card is 852MB, and about a hundred megs of that is used with game saves and such. Is this normal behaviour for a 3DS SD card with Gateway on, or is my SD card somehow missing half of its capacity?

emunand occupies 1GB of space. if you have a 2GB SD card, you won't be able to play. you need at least a 4GB SD card altho I recommend getting a bigger one

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6ckbBpSKhw