Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Wii U to run at native 1080p

• Thread starter Deleted_171835
  • Start date
  • Views 2,587
  • Replies 13
D

Deleted_171835

OP

Monster Hunter 3G HD Ver. will launch with the WiiU on December 8th. Features include full 1080p display, 5.1 LPCM surround sound, a WiiU pad display based on the 3DS display, and internet multiplay. Local play works with up to three 3DSes, and a free eShop app will handle moving save data between the two.

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/10/02/monster-hunter-3-ultimate-for-wii-u-is-in-1080p-with-linear-pcm-5-1-surround-sound/

Considering it's an HD version of the 3DS/Wii game, it's not anything groundbreaking. Still a pleasant surprise.

Fear Zoa

Still Alive
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If this is 100% confirmed then I look forward to not having to listen to people bitch that the wii u will only support 720p even though its been confirmed to support 1080p multiple times already.

Oh and the game, i'm looking forward to that as well, always wanted to try out monster hunter.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Wow. Can't wait to play this baby on my giant projector with 5.1.

If it supports 7.1 it will be heaven, but I guess 5.1ch surround is good enough.

MakiManPR

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
If this is 100% confirmed then I look forward to not having to listen to people bitch that the wii u will only support 720p even though its been confirmed to support 1080p multiple times already.

Oh and the game, i'm looking forward to that as well, always wanted to try out monster hunter.
The Wii U DOES support 1080p just that the launch games were all on 720p until now with MHU.

D

Deleted_171835

OP
Some 1080p screens:

img_contents04_pict02_wii-u_full.jpg

img_contents01_pict01_wii-u_full.jpg
img_contents01_pict02_wii-u_full.jpg

img_contents01_pict03_wii-u_full.jpg
img_contents01_pict04_wii-u_full.jpg

img_contents02_pict01_wii-u_full.jpg
img_contents03_pict01_wii-u_full.jpg

img_contents03_pict02_wii-u_full.jpg
img_contents04_pict01_wii-u_full.jpg

img_contents04_pict02_wii-u_full.jpg

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Ugh, I'm seeing a lot of low-resolution textures. Those better be placeholders.
Yeah, I looked at the crisp menus and the character's armor and the monsters, then I looked at some of the NPC's and backgrounds and ugh... I really hope they'll improve that, I mean, on the 3DS the graphs look really great since it's a much small res, but on 1080p they'd better up improve it a bit. z.z

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Textures I can probably live with and I might even get to saying I like the fog/particle effects but the shoddy (nonexistent?) AA in the aqueduct type stuff and low poly environments are what mainly caught my eye. Monsters (I am quite impressed by the hairy dragon), PCs and NPCs look pretty good though, perhaps a bit dirty but I have learned to accept that (I thought I would give shader languages a go and decided if someone just wants to use standard ones I am OK with that).

D

Deleted_171835

OP
Yeah I'm hoping those are just textures ported from the handheld version that they're using while the full-size ones are being made.
Highly doubt that. They didn't update textures for Portable 3rd HD. Heck, they even kept the low-res HUD (thankfully, they fixed it here).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had one before that, and never had one since