OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
filth.jpg

UNIONTOWN, Pa. -- Six children were removed from their Uniontown home after investigators found them living in filth and animal waste.

Police said their mother was addicted to online computer games, so she neglected her children and didn’t clean the house for years.

The children's stepfather, James Boord, spoke with Channel 11 outside the Mifflin Avenue home on Tuesday.

Boord said his wife, Elizabeth Ruffner, is so obsessed with online games that she neglected her six children, all under the age of 11.

"There was no food in the cupboards. The bedrooms had mattresses on the floor with no sheets or pillows. It looked like they got these mattresses out of the junk yard. They were just filthy," said Mike Garrow Sr. of Uniontown police.

The children's stepfather did make an effort, police said. Boord told Channel 11 it was hard for him to handle the six kids alone.

"I've been working, and I couldn't have been home to take care of them. I cleaned them. I gave them their baths at night before school. I cleaned up after them. It just became too much for me to do," said Boord.

Ruffner wouldn't come outside to talk to Channel 11. Youth services took her children, but Boord said she still has her computer.

Police plan to file felony child endangerment charges in this case.[/p]
icon11.gif
Source

Yes, it's another one of these. Sickening to say the least.

aiRWaLKRe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have come to the conclusion after all these stupid mothers using their computer and neglecting their kids need to have computer/internet access taken away from them. It might be very very very difficult to enforce without constant monitoring of their living accommodation but they need to have internet and computer access taken away somehow and someway. But it would never be able to be put into law cause it would be way to hard to upkeep the monitoring of them unless they are in jail.

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man that's bad. The father had to do everything. I think that lady needs some help if she became so addicted that she forgot her own children

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
I hope her computer gets infected with a virus and crashes. Then she'll realize how precious her children are.

RchUncleSkeleton

Skeletron 9000
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
sounds like another story about some stupid B*tch addicted to retarded facebook games. There was one who let her 1 year old child drown in the bath and then one who murdered her infant child because she was annoyed that it was crying and she couldn't play her precious farmville or whatever the hell it was. The women need to be held accountable to the full extent of the law but even so I think they're so screwed up in the head that it doesn't even matter to them!

Traversal

Soooo cool!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I swear, if this turns out to be another Facebook game addiction, then it'll be absolute proof that not only are those Facebook games bad, they're evil too!
angry.gif

Seriously though, this is just horrible, and, of course, it'll be one more stereotype put on gamers, not to say it hasn't been already. Thank goodness those children were taken away. I just hope something happens to that mom too.

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
Do not put Computers in the kitchen.
Nuff said.

loljk.
but seriously. wtf is the world coming to?

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What sucks is that these children were probably accustomed to be tolerant with the conditions they lived in. It obviously didn't affect their lives to the point where it took the stepfather to do something. These kids were going to grow up to be very tolerant people. Instead, they don't have a family to live with anymore.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zetta_x said:
What sucks is that these children were probably accustomed to be tolerant with the conditions they lived in. It obviously didn't affect their lives to the point where it took the stepfather to do something. These kids were going to grow up to be very tolerant people. Instead, they don't have a family to live with anymore.
The point is that if you were a competent parent in the first place, your kids would have turned out to be very tolerant people as well. People don't need to live in filth to be humble and virtuous.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: CRAZY HAMBURGER