Votes: 13 8.8%

• Total voters

S3xii Lexii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is something new. At least I believe it is new since I have never encountered a problem like this before. Okay, I have been modding my families wiis ( about 4 total) with the same memory card and I have even been keeping updated with this beautiful guide ( thanks xflak
wub.gif
) Anyways my lil sisters boyfriend asks me to do his wii (

cvcsihai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Had a quick question.

I have modded a wii differently before and everything worked out well.

I recently followed this guide on a new wii with 4.2u. Everything went good and when I finished I loaded usbloadergx, however when I try to load a game it freezes, the background music still goes on but nothing else happens and I can't move my cursor. Any help would be much apperciated.

martinezgene

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cvcsihai said:
Had a quick question.

I have modded a wii differently before and everything worked out well.

I recently followed this guide on a new wii with 4.2u. Everything went good and when I finished I loaded usbloadergx, however when I try to load a game it freezes, the background music still goes on but nothing else happens and I can't move my cursor. Any help would be much apperciated.

does it somethings reboot your wii we you try to load usb loader? Just wondering if we are having the same problem.

ferjero989

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
mmm
i been trying to remod the wii with this guide.. didnt work (freezes at the SD channel thing)
the reason i want to remod.. its cuz my wii wont read my original ssbb
frown.gif

everything else seems to work (im playing from hdd) even the band hero instruments works

C.S.I.

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You need the correct version of bannerbomb for your System Menu Version.

And SM version determines how you launch the exploit.

SM 4.0 + use the SD Menu in the lower right corner.

SM 3.x use data management.

Read the instructions carefully to ensure you have the correct files, in the correct places on the SD card, and launching via the correct method.

kwerty00

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all,

im currently on 4.0E with HBC, Neogamma and all my IOSs set up. Is there a way for me to JUST update my version to 4.2E and keep all my current settings?

madmax23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the guide it worked perfectly!! I followed it word for word and updated from 3.2e to 4.2e on 2 wii's.
Could someone tell me if this guide/files be used on a hacked wii at present on 3.2e (which was downgraded over a year ago with the twighlight hack and has the homebrew channel using this guide http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=118446 ) so that it can be upgraded to 4.2e? I've looked online but can't find anyone with the same question. I've seen many guides on upgrading (none as good as this one) but the instructions don't mention that it can be used on a hacked wii is that because of potential problems? Any help would be much appreciated.
blink.gif

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
kwerty00 said:
Hello all,

im currently on 4.0E with HBC, Neogamma and all my IOSs set up. Is there a way for me to JUST update my version to 4.2E and keep all my current settings?
Following only the update part will not touch your cIOSs/BootMii/...
So you can do that
wink.gif

Optionally, skip the installation of IOS36 (if it's even included in the update guide) if you want to keep it patched

QUOTE(madmax23 @ Apr 22 2010, 01:48 PM) Thanks for the guide it worked perfectly!! I followed it word for word and updated from 3.2e to 4.2e on 2 wii's.
Could someone tell me if this guide/files be used on a hacked wii at present on 3.2e (which was downgraded over a year ago with the twighlight hack and has the homebrew channel using this guide http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=118446 ) so that it can be upgraded to 4.2e? I've looked online but can't find anyone with the same question. I've seen many guides on upgrading (none as good as this one) but the instructions don't mention that it can be used on a hacked wii is that because of potential problems? Any help would be much appreciated.
blink.gif
ANY wii includes hacked ones
wink.gif

kwerty00

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tj_cool said:
Following only the update part will not touch your cIOSs/BootMii/...
So you can do that
wink.gif

Optionally, skip the installation of IOS36 (if it's even included in the update guide) if you want to keep it patched

Awesome! thanks for the reply!

akirox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thx for the tutorial...
but now i m getting some troubles!!!
when i get into Homebrew Channel, the screen get upside down!!
can someone helps??? the channel is using ios36

elist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the great set of instructions and files! I updated my 4.2u using the part for 4.2 I did not do the optional part since I added bootmi to boot2. Everything worked. Then I put in my netflix disk in and said disk update and something about it had to update the system and may remove hacks. I let it do it's thing and then netflix worked. I did not test anything else. What did I loose from the hack? Do I need to re-apply part of the hack? Do I need to do something else to avoid the updates in the future?

thanks,

Elo

spinteews

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I followed this guide and everything works. The only thing is my external hd would not be detected by both usb loader and neogamma. Help please... tried reinserting the usb to the top and bottom, and everything imaginable...

Also is it normal, my system says i'm on 4.2U but when I have nsmb and monster hunter tri loaded in the dvd drive, it gives me a system needs update?

Any help with the USB please

EDIT: I ran NeoGamma R8 RC5 and it works... can load my USB drive now.

The only thing is how do I get Monster Hunter Tri to go pass the buzzing sound...

briguyiu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have done at least 10 wii's with these instructions with no problems. None since rev19 came out, but I am getting 1029 error when I try to update usb loader gx from the updater in the app. I was able to install it fine with no errors. Any ideas?

Evil-Popeye

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
spinteews said:
I followed this guide and everything works. The only thing is my external hd would not be detected by both usb loader and neogamma. Help please... tried reinserting the usb to the top and bottom, and everything imaginable...

Also is it normal, my system says i'm on 4.2U but when I have nsmb and monster hunter tri loaded in the dvd drive, it gives me a system needs update?

Any help with the USB please

EDIT: I ran NeoGamma R8 RC5 and it works... can load my USB drive now.

The only thing is how do I get Monster Hunter Tri to go pass the buzzing sound...
To get rid of the update message install priiloader. When you turn the wii on after installing it, hold the reset button until the priiloader menu comes up. Go into system menu hacks and enable 'block disc updates' and 'block online updates'.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, The Russians are after you lol.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Send me your ip I'll remotely fix it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 my head needs fixing if I believe you
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's kinda fun watching it happen tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It needs fixing for other things but your pc I can fix
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    over 300+ virus/trojians/worms after scanning, what did I do to deserve this attention lol
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    tho I find it funny when i receive other people's pc/laptops in this state
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i wont be upgrading unless I cant run the games i want anymore
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spill water on it good excuse
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 that's like a valid option if someone else is paying for ya
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Daddy's wallet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ngl hogwarts legacy has good pooping music
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    That's uh-
    That's certainly a Dairy Queen sign lmao
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You should see his help wanted signs
    Ugh, so many sweat-dipwads in Sploon 3 Anarchy mode tonight
    I didn't know this was "Make Octo never finish Fresh Season 2024 Catalog in Splatoon 3" month, good god
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of "confirming" games you know will get released. Like Nintendo "confirming" a Zelda sequel. "We can't be sure Nintendo is working on a new Zelda game, or if a new Zelda game will ever be released, until they officially confirm it."
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "There is literally no way to know if they will ever release a new Zelda game, it's wild speculation until they officially confirm it."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Black ops was the lesser shitter line in cock a poopoo tbf just a way to let people know it hasn't died or going a different route I guess
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $70 DLC per 6 months is what it turned into
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/R28ZSY2Sc2A?si=H5Lb6PNkzMhAHO_P