tongue.gif

weihsuan

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
xzxero said:
weihsuan said:
Hi all. I followed the instruction to update my Wii 3.2U to 4.1U.

However, I've a problem running the SD card channel which is something new after the update. It'll hang when the screen shows "Loading from the SD Card"

My homebrew channel is still reading the SD card well. Only the SD card channel on main menu ain't working.

UPDATE* : The SD card that hangs is a 2GB one. When I inserted a 16MB SD card instead, it works. I'm wondering if there're any way round this?

Can anybody help? Thanks!!
delete the private folder on your sd card.

Thanks for the reply.

the private folder means any other folders besides the apps folder? Cuz I didn't have a private folder in my SD card. Just all the stuff I needed for the Wii, ie. the wads, apps, etc.

Wess666

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

Thanks for the Tutorial. great job !!! i got it working 2 days ago ( i figured out the Ios55 by pure logic and im happy it worked
tongue.gif
)

Now i just have a problem, the Wii freezes when i try to access to the settings, especially internet settings ... even the reset/power off wont work ...

i just followed the tutorial here, any suggestions ?

thanks for all

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
tj_cool said:
got yourself a new alt-code title?
tongue.gif

of course.

weihsuan said:
xzxero said:
weihsuan said:
Hi all. I followed the instruction to update my Wii 3.2U to 4.1U.

However, I've a problem running the SD card channel which is something new after the update. It'll hang when the screen shows "Loading from the SD Card"

My homebrew channel is still reading the SD card well. Only the SD card channel on main menu ain't working.

UPDATE* : The SD card that hangs is a 2GB one. When I inserted a 16MB SD card instead, it works. I'm wondering if there're any way round this?

Can anybody help? Thanks!!
delete the private folder on your sd card.

Thanks for the reply.

the private folder means any other folders besides the apps folder? Cuz I didn't have a private folder in my SD card. Just all the stuff I needed for the Wii, ie. the wads, apps, etc.
hmm i suggest you find another wii to test it on. the sd card might not be compatible

QUOTE(Wess666 @ Sep 21 2009, 11:01 AM)
Hi,

Thanks for the Tutorial. great job !!! i got it working 2 days ago ( i figured out the Ios55 by pure logic and im happy it worked
tongue.gif
)

Now i just have a problem, the Wii freezes when i try to access to the settings, especially internet settings ... even the reset/power off wont work ...

i just followed the tutorial here, any suggestions ?

thanks for all
did you region change your wii?
add a theme?

msaju

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xzxero said:
you need to use another SD card to install bootmii but preloader can still work for now.

but fins another sd card asap.

i installed the guide given in the first thread, my wii keeps on freezing. i am new to this thing and have asked previosly and read alot, do i need to load anything else to avoid my wii bricking???

is the bootmii and preloader already installed or do i need to instal it separatly ? please guide

xzxero

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
msaju said:
xzxero said:
you need to use another SD card to install bootmii but preloader can still work for now.

i installed the guide given in the first thread, my wii keeps on freezing. i am new to this thing and have asked previosly and read alot, do i need to load anything else to avoid my wii bricking???

is the bootmii and preloader already installed or do i need to instal it separatly ? please guide
What do you mean freeze?
where?
whats onn your sd card?

bootmii and preloader are different programs and installed separately

msaju

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xzxero said:
msaju said:
xzxero said:

What do you mean freeze?
where?
whats onn your sd card?

bootmii and preloader are different programs and installed separately

thanx. were can i get the softwares from and is there a guide for that too

shadowstriker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zerothree said:
shadowstriker said:
nvm, fixed my problem from before with the 202 thing, but now i have 2 new problems. By default the wii boots up into the preloader, even when i set to "boot to: system menu" and for some reason, in the wii's system menu, the little chime music plays then mutes for some reason, any thoughts on that?

how did you solve the 202 problem. Mine appears to have the same thing? Can't see 202 anywhere in the list?

i just installed it to 249

leavemealone347

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had a problem with WAD Manager on the offline version, it said it couldn't find the files.

Has anyone else had this problem? The guide is great and has helped so much so far. I cant get connected online at school.

Any help would be great.

xzxero

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
you didnt move the system menu wad to the "wad" folder.

Take System Menu-NUS-v449.wad out of 0000000100000002v449 and place it on the root of your sd card.
When all 5 files are on the root, grab the "System Menu-NUS-v449.wad" [or System Menu-NUS-v450.wad for pal users] and place it in the folder called "wad" on the root of your sd card.

chupektong

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a problem after follow online method. I don't know if I missed TBR. Everything looks normal and Wii system is 4.1 U. but I just install internet channel through wad manager. everytime I click it will go back to menu screen.
I found out I have error 1017 and 2011. That's mean I missed TBR
Tried to start all over again using TBR to downgrade ios 15 Through NUS. Press B to choose No IOS Reload. and loading content then it said code dump. and freeze.
My question is Is that mean I can't downgrade and reinstall from scratch again?

xzxero

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
chupektong said:
I have a problem after follow online method. I don't know if I missed TBR. Everything looks normal and Wii system is 4.1 U. but I just install internet channel through wad manager. everytime I click it will go back to menu screen.
Tried to start all over again using TBR to downgrade ios 15 Through NUS. Press B to choose No IOS Reload. and loading content then it said code dump. and freeze.
have you tried mutilple times, or just once?

idk how you could have missed it, its the first step.

if anything try the offline method

kid sampson

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Followed this guide to update my Wii today but still have a few questions:
I'm wondering, which IOS is best to use as the default for preloader? And does the IOS that's loaded ever really need to be changed? Are there advantages to using one over another? And if so, what are they?

I noticed that if I load IOS 249, I can't access my Wii settings. That's solved by loading IOS 60 instead. Not sure if there are any other strange things like this that other folks have found.

Also after following the guide, my disc channel stopped loading Gamecube discs. This shouldn't be a problem considering I have a D2Pro modchip installed and besides retail discs should load anyway. Instead it returns an error and asks me to reset my Wii. I also have a D2Pro modchip installed. Any suggestions what could be causing the interference? What was the reason for installing the MIOS patcher v8 in step 8? Could that be the culprit?

The guide worked fine, if only I could restore GC functionality.

xzxero

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
kid sampson said:
Followed this guide to update my Wii today but still have a few questions:
I'm wondering, which IOS is best to use as the default for preloader? And does the IOS that's loaded ever really need to be changed? Are there advantages to using one over another? And if so, what are they?

I noticed that if I load IOS 249, I can't access my Wii settings. That's solved by loading IOS 60 instead. Not sure if there are any other strange things like this that other folks have found.

Also after following the guide, my disc channel stopped loading Gamecube discs. This shouldn't be a problem considering I have a D2Pro modchip installed and besides retail discs should load anyway. Instead it returns an error and asks me to reset my Wii. I also have a D2Pro modchip installed. Any suggestions what could be causing the interference? What was the reason for installing the MIOS patcher v8 in step 8? Could that be the culprit?

The guide worked fine, if only I could restore GC functionality.
Stick with IOS 60 because it is the default for 4.0 and 4.1.
there is little to no difference between choosing what IOS to boot the SM with.
as for gc loading, i would suggest you get the offical MIOS V8 wad from NUSD and install via wad manager.

leavemealone347

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xzxero said:
you didnt move the system menu wad to the "wad" folder.

Take System Menu-NUS-v449.wad out of 0000000100000002v449 and place it on the root of your sd card.
When all 5 files are on the root, grab the "System Menu-NUS-v449.wad" [or System Menu-NUS-v450.wad for pal users] and place it in the folder called "wad" on the root of your sd card.
Right now it is in the "wad" folder. Could there be something else missing?

EDIT: Nevermind, it seemed to work just fine this time. I don't know what changed though. I now have a problem with this step:

6] Run cIOS Installer for USB2
Choose IOS 249 for installation.
Press A to start installing IOS 202.
Return to Homebrew Channel.

It will try to connect to the network, not look at my SD card.

dvd-guy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Why are my downloads from NUS bigger than the screenshot shown? For 25 and 26, I have 1.83mb in those directories each.

chupektong

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xzxero said:
chupektong said:

Tried it multiple times.
Can I start all over again even thought I am on 4.1 u already using off line method?

xzxero

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
leavemealone347 said:
Right now it is in the "wad" folder. Could there be something else missing?

EDIT: Nevermind, it seemed to work just fine this time. I don't know what changed though. I now have a problem with this step:

6] Run cIOS Installer for USB2
Choose IOS 249 for installation.
Press A to start installing IOS 202.
Return to Homebrew Channel.

It will try to connect to the network, not look at my SD card.
your files are not structured right.
take a good look there has to be something wrong.

dvd-guy said:
Why are my downloads from NUS bigger than the screenshot shown? For 25 and 26, I have 1.83mb in those directories each.
make sure your structuring your files and folders right.
take your time.

chupektong said:
xzxero said:
QUOTE(chupektong @ Sep 21 2009, 09:38 PM)

Tried it multiple times.
Can I start all over again even thought I am on 4.1 u already using off line method?
yes it will not affect anything.
i personnally choose the offline method myself.
many people have problems when using wifi.

dvd-guy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
xzxero said:
dvd-guy said:
make sure your structuring your files and folders right.
take your time.
0000000100000024v1042 Total Size: 1767204 bytes
0000000100000026v3610 Total Size: 1932728 bytes

Those are a lot bigger than the file sizes you reported. This is directly from NUS. I followed the instructions to a tee, so either you're missing a step, or you have the wrong file sizes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Both of mine are i5's lol
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    All right! Who stole my right sock? :angry:
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    At least someone other than myself thought it was funny :rofl:
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    DNDBD (DND×DBD) IS A REAL THING
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I didnt have school today
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Cuz it's some kind of holiday related to the town I live in
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Am I [R WORD]?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, People who create revival services for the Wii end up in disaster, same goes for Pretendo lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast wiimmfii went fine although people only use it for Mario kart Wii
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    At least if they ban you for cheating, get another Wii. They're cheap as chips.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Remember when RiiShop was a thing?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    not really
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It got shutdown because somebody "accidentally" leaked the database for the amount of people using the beta.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    RiiShop is the laziest way of downloading Wii games. Did somebody not think of this through?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    although i ended up accidentally changing my nand with no way of going back bc i didn't know you needed a gamecube controller to restore it (i have a wii minus/1.1, which doesn't have gamecube controller support)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, I think you're talking about the recovery mode that the SaveMii used, and also was to restore softbricked systems.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If your NAND was hardbricked, then just buy another Wii. Or go with the dirty NAND flasher method.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and if i find the sd card i have my NAND backed up on, i can not only restore the NAND if i solder the right part in, but i can also put my NAND on dolphin, then i can play dolphin online, like PMEX Remix or MKWii Riibalanced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Oh yeah, that was a thing too. Dolphin does support Wiimmfi.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah you just need to put your NAND backup with wiimmfi on it
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ngl i feel like if a bunch of my friends have wiis and know how to get wiimmfi and back up their NAND, then we could do a PMEX Remix tournament
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon