Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dai-a said:
Lordpoketehpenguin said:
So this thing is totally offline method now?

cios USB 2.0 needs internet for it to install.

it does, but not if you have the files from my guide.

Posts merged

QUOTE(Lordpoketehpenguin @ Oct 12 2009, 08:09 PM)
So this thing is totally offline method now?
yup completely offline the with the files pack from the guide.

if anything tried to connect online, you have an outdated file pack.

transam81

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Droskies said:
ok everything went good until the preloader.. now nothing works not the homebrew chanel not the system menu or the system hacks.ini, but the pre loader opens when the wii is turned on.. please help me
hate2.gif
wacko.gif

i do still have the back up of the bootmii folder

ok i got the homebrew chanel back by putting the hacks.ini on the root of the sd i was able to get to the hacks.ini and then i installed homebrew via bootmii via the preloader, by clicking installed file
and am now sitting at the homebrew channel not know what to do because it still wont go to the system menu

is there a way to start over and and this time not do the preloader?

did you have your question answered yet? when this happened to me i ran wad manager 1.5 from the HBC used 249 to install patched ios70.

SoloDolo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Crimson Fog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a 4.2u wii that I need to get downgraded. I unpacked the newmod.rar to SD and when trying to do the Bannerbomb exploit, I dont get the "would you like to boot load.dol", I get no screen and a "?" as one of the available selections.

Any thoughts?

dream_coder

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
can someone please give me a quick step by step on installing a clean ios 30 using dop-ios and also if need be do i do the same steps for ios61? thanks

transam81

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Crimson Fog said:
I have a 4.2u wii that I need to get downgraded. I unpacked the newmod.rar to SD and when trying to do the Bannerbomb exploit, I dont get the "would you like to boot load.dol", I get no screen and a "?" as one of the available selections.

Any thoughts?

1.turn on wii
2.press a
3.point wiimote at SD card icon at bottom of menu. u know the one on the bottom left.
4. press a
5.insert your SD card the SD card with banner bomb on it.
6.when you see "would you like to boot load.dol" select yes
7. follow on screen directions after that

toss01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
4] Run Wad Manager [this step can be skipped if already on 4.1]
When it opens choose use IOS249. (it is probably already set to that)
Press A to leave NAND emulator disabled
Press A to open from SD slot.
Install System Menu-NUS-v449.wad [System Menu-NUS-v450.wad for pal users; System Menu-NUS-v448.wad for ntsc-j users] and exit.

Does this step install 4.1 or 4.2

I've got a 3.4E, what will using mod.rar leave me on?

desideratus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Burkina Faso
Hi.

Very cool and easy tutorial! Thx for that...

May you update the bootmii description for IOS installation. in the latest version it's possible to choose the items with power/reset like the boot2-version. In earlier versions of bootmii this was noch possible and make it maybe easier for people without gc-controller to backup nand when using the ios version.

Best regards.

Desideratus

Mentallity

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hi there! First of all I'd like to say that this is an ingenious guide.
tongue.gif
Allthough I've run into a few problems. (The guide was updated last night so I'm going to try re-do the steps)
(I'm using net-install on everything, will also try the offline version when I'm done.)

First of all I got problems with the Trucha Bug Patcher crashing when I downgraded IOS15 and selecting IOS15 to patch IOS36 - To counter it I used IOS36 as the IOS to start with, downgraded, selected IOS15 to patch IOS36, then selected IOS36 again to Restore IOS15. (I was using TBR1.1 at that time, not the TBR1.0 Mod - I found out in the end that either way doesn't matter.)

Everything went well upto the point where I was going to use Dop-IOS MOD to "patch" IOS53 and 55, I also read somewhere in the guide that you had to patch Trucha into IOS60/70 as well if you wanted Preloader to run so I started by loading IOS36 to patch 53 and 55 first. Selected IOS53 and Dop-IOS MOD crashed. Text smeared over the screen so I reset and tried again. To no avail I thought I'd try out the regular Dop-IOS instead of the MOD which worked Brilliantly. Patched IOS 53, 55, 60 and 70. (I had previously run AnyTitleDeleter to delete IOS 22, 223, 249 and 250 without a problem.)

So after a lot of work I managed to patch everything according to the old guide followed by a few modifications on what software to use. Installed Preloader29 and configured it but there, everything went haywire.

It loads fine, I can get into the HBC, but it will not load the System Menu at all. I tried setting it to boot it automatically to no avail, even if I try to boot it through the Loader or HBC, all I'm getting is that my system files are corrupted.

So through the Loader I booted up HBC, went to the loader installation and tried to re-install it but the problem still persisted. Then I got the brilliant idea that I should try and re-patch IOS 70 using Dop-IOS. I reinstalled it by letting the program download it from NUS, I didn't apply the bug to it and after it was done I restarted my Wii, taking out the SD Card first, only to find out that it didn't work at all. To make things better, it actually made things a whole lot worse. Loader wouldn't work anymore. (I only found out recently that I could've hold down the reset button while powering the Wii up to get into the loader) Not would the System Menu or anything else. I think I screwed myself over so I went to seek some help. But at this point on the day, most people in the modding scene is asleep or away.
tongue.gif

I inserted the SD Card again, let BootMii start up and restored a Nand backup I had, so I'm back to square one again with Bootmii and HBC as the only things installed. (And of course, some prior IOS edits I've done in an attempt to apply Trucha to 36 and 236 - Deleting IOS 222, 223, 249 and 250.)

I'm currently using the European PAL version of Wii, fully upgraded because of my girlfriend. (System Menu 4.2E)

Where did I go wrong?
tongue.gif

Cheers,
- Nieeru.

FAII

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I followed the guide exactly. After doing step 2 with TBR, my HBC turned upside down like with my previous tries using a different method. However, unlike those attempts, when I installed PreLoader, PreLoader could load HBC as opposed to the previous attempts where PreLoader claimed HBC might not be installed.

My System Menu (3.4E) was still bricked. I did the Custom IOS38 installer but when I tried doing the Dop-IOS MOD, I couldn't find IOS 249. It just wasn't on the list. So I used my backup to restore my Wii.

ante80

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
FAII said:
I followed the guide exactly. After doing step 2 with TBR, my HBC turned upside down like with my previous tries using a different method. However, unlike those attempts, when I installed PreLoader, PreLoader could load HBC as opposed to the previous attempts where PreLoader claimed HBC might not be installed.

My System Menu (3.4E) was still bricked. I did the Custom IOS38 installer but when I tried doing the Dop-IOS MOD, I couldn't find IOS 249. It just wasn't on the list. So I used my backup to restore my Wii.

Try reinstalling HBC to make it use another IOS which isn't trucha signed (IOS36 in you case). This is what makes it turn upside down.
Instead of using Dop-IOS MOD, you could try the original DOP-IOS which only uses cIOS 249.

RC89

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey there, i just fully readed the guide.
Im currently at 3.2E softmodded with preloader 0.29, hbc 1.0.3 cioscorp (an old version which i installed together with softmii 2.0), ciosrev14 installed and all other small things installed to get usb and backuploader running.
- At the moment considering updating, just want to know if there is an easier way to update than update to a 4.2 virgin wii, its a whole lot to install. Is it possible to use Firmware Downgrader mod by Attila? I read somewhere that this contains the fw 4.1.

- RC89

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
RC89 said:
Im currently at 3.2E softmodded with preloader 0.29, hbc 1.0.3 cioscorp (an old version which i installed together with softmii 2.0), ciosrev14 installed and all other small things installed to get usb and backuploader running.
- At the moment considering updating, just want to know if there is an easier way to update than update to a 4.2 virgin wii, its a whole lot to install. Is it possible to use Firmware Downgrader mod by Attila? I read somewhere that this contains the fw 4.1.

- RC89
just update to 4.2 via nintendo.

itll virginize your wii then follow the 4.2 guide.

RC89

Trophies
XP
Country
xzxero said:
RC89 said:

- RC89
just update to 4.2 via nintendo.

itll virginize your wii then follow the 4.2 guide.

Allrigt, thx alot.

xzxero

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
erikk1 said:
The nintendo update also gives you a chance to brick. (buggy boot2 update code)
the same brick chance as installing bootmii or using any of the programs used in the guide.
theres a brick chance for everything.

erikk1

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
No, the hackmii people wrote their own boot2-update code, because the nintendo code was so buggy. Installing bootmii is therefor much less risky then using the nintendo updater.

Other programs don't write to boot2, so they're even less risky.

xzxero

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
erikk1 said:
No, the hackmii people wrote their own boot2-update code, because the nintendo code was so buggy. Installing bootmii is therefor much less risky then using the nintendo updater.

Other programs don't write to boot2, so they're even less risky.
installing something to boot2 is just as risky either way with any code whatsoever.
everything we work with is risky.

right most programs dont even mess with boot2 but they modify IOS's and system menu's so they are still risky.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    live service game for 40 bucks that sold 12 mil copies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ever notice how games that sell millions get hated the worst
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Cod and sports games are good examples but people still buy the shit
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it happens quit often if not all the time
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    diablo 4 anyone?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Everyone just doesn't want to be an outcast and say they're decent games why do they make billions if it's so shit
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    just buy nintendo stuff and their games if you just want fun
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still can't name 12 fun current Nintendo games
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i say get a pc and emulate that too

:rofl2:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or in today's age at least a SteamDeck
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i gotta say, the steam deck isn't a bad deal, even if you get a used one, you have options to get it serviced and the parts are also available through ifixit
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I remember a guy trying to call me a SteamDeck fanboy I'm like well give me a grand I'll buy a winmax
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or a win4 things still sexy
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    having money does not mean everyone will just fork it over
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    everyone perceives value diffrently
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I buy cheap and whats useable
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Twice out of the year I may get something that's $600
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    we all like nice things, sure, but I also want to keep money on the side
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd have the same mentality if money wasn't an object
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    having a warped sense can happen
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    reason i question myself, but not constantly
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If I had Elon money sure I'd have a 20 bedroom home
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    if only that alone could make me happy, but nope
    :D
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    you'll only feel more empty after most of your urges go away like that
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: you'll only feel more empty after most of your urges go away like that