Hacking Modified SoftChip that works for Rock Band

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
giddygiddygoo said:
Here is my issue:

go to run softchip and when it asks for what to use as default go to change it from 36 to 37 but there is no 37. Goes from IOS36 TO 232 so it wont boot my usb instruments any thoughts?
hate2.gif

What's IOS232, where did you get it and why did you install it?

giddygiddygoo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
WiiPower said:
giddygiddygoo said:
Here is my issue:

go to run softchip and when it asks for what to use as default go to change it from 36 to 37 but there is no 37. Goes from IOS36 TO 232 so it wont boot my usb instruments any thoughts?
hate2.gif

no idea......
fooled arolund with it and ran the IOS 232 in softchip and it works now.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
giddygiddygoo said:
WiiPower said:
giddygiddygoo said:
Here is my issue:

hate2.gif

no idea......

Guess which purpose this has.

Andres0306

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey...i am kind of confused of the instructions....i download all the files and also the multi cios installer and unzip it...the files that appear are source folder and cios installer.dol.....can u explain wat do i with those files and the rest of the files that i have downloaded from here.......whre in the sd card do i u put these files? is it in the app? do i need to create a folder...b/c i put all these files in sd card and homebrew channel doesnt read it....sry i am a noobie...first time hackin a system

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Andres0306 said:
hey...i am kind of confused of the instructions....i download all the files and also the multi cios installer and unzip it...the files that appear are source folder and cios installer.dol.....can u explain wat do i with those files and the rest of the files that i have downloaded from here.......whre in the sd card do i u put these files? is it in the app? do i need to create a folder...b/c i put all these files in sd card and homebrew channel doesnt read it....sry i am a noobie...first time hackin a system

No problem, just look at Wiibrew how to launch applications from the homebrew channel. Wiibrew is always a good source for infos about homebrew.

giddygiddygoo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
WiiPower said:
giddygiddygoo said:
WiiPower said:
giddygiddygoo said:
Here is my issue:

hate2.gif

no idea......

Guess which purpose this has.
????? same purpose vinegar and water has on a dirty snatch, you top tier d-bag

flaps

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys!

I'm having some problems here, why is it that when making these guides, the guide asumes that the user is some kind of expert? Or it might med just being a total idiot when it comes to wii games... This isn't any direct criticism against this guide, i basically just feel annoyed with myself.

I don't get anything, the more i read the more confused I get. I finished step one and two...(duh) but where the hell is the IOS37 ? I downloaded all the files listed and put it in a folder, but where does the name IOS37 come in? but there is no IOS37 file... As i do love guitarhero/rockband, I beg for any help i can get!

Please help out
unsure.gif

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
flaps said:
Hey guys!

I'm having some problems here, why is it that when making these guides, the guide asumes that the user is some kind of expert? Or it might med just being a total idiot when it comes to wii games... This isn't any direct criticism against this guide, i basically just feel annoyed with myself.

I don't get anything, the more i read the more confused I get. I finished step one and two...(duh) but where the hell is the IOS37 ? I downloaded all the files listed and put it in a folder, but where does the name IOS37 come in? but there is no IOS37 file... As i do love guitarhero/rockband, I beg for any help i can get!

Please help out
unsure.gif

25 is hexadecimal for 37, so the folder you downloaded with the 17 files is IOS37. The installer needs it in this form on the sd card, in order to patch it to run backups and to integrate the trucha bug into it. Then it can install it to IOS232 on your Wii. And SoftChip(just get the latest version), lets you run games with any IOS, so select IOS232 there and have fun.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
flaps said:
So I just put those 17 files in the v2070 folder then?

Your help is much appreciated!
smile.gif

Just put the files there, where the readme says to put them, there's nothing you can do wrong about that. It either works, or doesn't.

flaps

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I'm starting to get a grip around it, but the readme talks about the offline installation, do I need to copy the files to the SD card if I'm online aswell? Ill try some..

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
flaps said:
Ok, I'm starting to get a grip around it, but the readme talks about the offline installation, do I need to copy the files to the SD card if I'm online aswell? Ill try some..

The multi_cios_installer can grab the IOS from sd card and from nintendo's servers directly. First it looks for the files on sd card and then falls back to nintendo's servers. The problem is there's a bug inside the network code of it, so the download doesn't work for everybody. Just try the installation, as said before, it either works or doesn't.

flaps

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I got the error

"Loading game...
Exeception loctl error (DI_ReadID)"

any idea?
smile.gif
that was for tring out the IOS 36 btw...

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
flaps said:
Ok so I got the error

"Loading game...
Exeception loctl error (DI_ReadID)"

any idea?
smile.gif
that was for tring out the IOS 36 btw...

If the game is working in Gamma, but without the instruments, it's a decrypted disc, decryted discs are not supported in SoftChip. If the game doesn't work in Gamma too, i guess you used a DVD+R, am i right?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Decrypted discs are not supported in SoftChip and will never be. 2 solutions:
1. Burn a clean 1:1 copy without ANY patches
2. Install the cIOS37 to IOS249 and Gamma will use it. But this will have the side effect that some homebrew software, especially the from Waninkoko like the WAD Manager don't like it.

cIOS37 may have other unknown issues with games.

flaps

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, if it was decrypted from the start I will have to use option number 2...But how do I take away the IOS36? I heard you need to remove it before installing a new one..(?) I can't get the cIOS multi installer loading now...I just get a black screen..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Arne214 @ Arne214: ah ok