Hacking Modified SoftChip that works for Rock Band

vzm27q

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have tested this Softchip configuration with the Homebrew Channel and Wiigator's Cios / Gamma .3 installed. The 1:1 copy of the original Rock Band works great. It doesn't create any conflicts with the Wiigator installation. It would be great if someone created a single zip file with all the support files and a step by step guide written in Nooby-ease. Thanks to all the contributions from the authors of these great programs...Excellent work guys...Thanks very much.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
vzm27q said:
I have tested this Softchip configuration with the Homebrew Channel and Wiigator's Cios / Gamma .3 installed. The 1:1 copy of the original Rock Band works great. It doesn't create any conflicts with the Wiigator installation. It would be great if someone created a single zip file with all the support files and a step by step guide written in Nooby-ease. Thanks to all the contributions from the authors of these great programs...Excellent work guys...Thanks very much.

I made the multi_cios_installer and i'm really no fan of noob compatible guides. Don't get me wrong, it's a good thing to write guides for people willing to learn how the stuff they want to use, works. But most people just want to use, and most of the noob guides provide this and nothing more. In order to get this running you only have to know what a loader (Gamma, SoftChip or Gecko OS) does, and what the cIOS is good for, then the rest is trivial.

cuzvin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanx to everyone that helped me
smile.gif
. it turns out that my problem was the backup i was using of ac/dc track pack(grrr). i tried everything i could possibly think of , to no avail. then i tried a different backup, track pack vol 2 and voila! it worked perfectly. kudos to you mrkinator for the awesome rockband channel, i can load my rockband quickly and easily now. and thanx to everyone else who put their effort into this. rock on!

dengar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im really trying to understand this but Im still a bit lost. I currently have cIOS36 rev7 installed now for WiiGator's Gamma. I want RB compatibility...I install cIOS37, then install Softchip and configure it to use cIOS37 w/IOS249? Does it keep with IOS (36 and 37) on the Wii or does it overwrite it?

Thanks.

Mrkinator

Neil Peart Wannabe
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
dengar said:
Im really trying to understand this but Im still a bit lost. I currently have cIOS36 rev7 installed now for WiiGator's Gamma. I want RB compatibility...I install cIOS37, then install Softchip and configure it to use cIOS37 w/IOS249? Does it keep with IOS (36 and 37) on the Wii or does it overwrite it?

Thanks.
Since you installing cIOS 37, it won't affect cIOS36. Configure it to another number like IOS232, since IOS249 is used by Gamma. Run Soft-Chip, Choose IOS232, pop in Rock Band and your set.

I made a channel version of Soft-Chip (Rock Band Edition) if you want it (you must install to cIOS232 for the channel): http://www.sendspace.com/file/ce6vuk

dengar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mrkinator said:
dengar said:

Thanks.
Since you installing cIOS 37, it won't affect cIOS36. Configure it to another number like IOS232, since IOS249 is used by Gamma. Run Soft-Chip, Choose IOS232, pop in Rock Band and your set.

I made a channel version of Soft-Chip (Rock Band Edition) if you want it (you must install to cIOS232 for the channel): http://www.sendspace.com/file/ce6vuk

Now that makes perfect sense. I got it working now. Thanks a bunch.

BenGrimm

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i changed the softchip to use cios 37, and it failed loading disc ... any help please?
ok, i changed it to IOS 232 and it booted, but the other instruments still not working
frown.gif

nm, i had the cios36 as cios37 instead of 37 as 37, working now ... thx for all the great work, my family can rock to the track packs and rb2 now
smile.gif

K

Kurisuellegarden

You change softchip to what you install custom cIOS 37 AS.

For example: Install cIOS 37 as 243?

Then you use 243

Jizmo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes it works with Rock Band 2. If you're only going to use bluetooth instruments you can run RB2 with Gamma. Softchip and cIOS37 are necessary for USB instrument support.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
matthewn4444 said:
I'm confused, which one should I do to launch Rockband 2?

It all depends on what you want and what you have.

modchips and originals:
only bluetooth instruments ==> IOS36, IOS37, cIOS36 or cIOS37
usb instruments ==> IOS37 or cIOS37
customs ==> cIOS36 or cIOS37

backups:
only bluetooth instruments ==> cIOS36 or cIOS37
usb instruments ==> cIOS37
customs ==> cIOS36 or cIOS37

hotep newbie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am sorry how do you use this new version? I just want to set install IOS37 as IOS232.

It does not seem to let me browser at all. Or am I just being stupid.

Mrkinator

Neil Peart Wannabe
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
hotep newbie said:
I am sorry how do you use this new version? I just want to set install IOS37 as IOS232.

It does not seem to let me browser at all. Or am I just being stupid.
You have IOS37 on your SD Card right?. All you have to do is use the d-pad and set it to:
“Currently selected to install custom IOS37 with IOS37 rev7 dip as IOS 232”.

Go here if you want to know more:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=125495

pumkinut

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm having a problem that maybe this can solve.

I was able to boot and play a RB2 backup with gamma and a GHWT wireless guitar (uses the Wiimote). This worked just fine and I was a happy camper. So, the wife comes home with RB: Special Edition. Great, I think, now I have both, and I really like the RB strat model guitar instead of the Les Paul.

So, RB1 works just fine and as it should. I try booting RB2 (backup) and getting started with it. It refuses to recognize the RB1 wireless guitar. The guitar syncs with the USB-attached dongle just fine, but it never gets assigned a controller ID, i.e. none of the blue LEDs on the guitar lights up showing whether it's controller 1-4. I then tried using the generic newest build of SoftChip, thinking the problem was with gamma. Well, SoftChip rev77 refuses to boot the RB2 backup disk, saying it can't read the disk, this is using the cIOS 249 from the gamma install.

I'm assuming that my RB1 wireless guitar isn't being recognized by the RB2 backup because RB2 isn't seeing the USB attached instruments due to driver issues. Is this correct? My other question is, would this modified SoftChip and associated files offer a better chance at working?

giddygiddygoo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Here is my issue:

go to run softchip and when it asks for what to use as default go to change it from 36 to 37 but there is no 37. Goes from IOS36 TO 232 so it wont boot my usb instruments any thoughts?
hate2.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgCjp3-rF_Y