Hacking Modding my wii and backing up my games

Chemeleon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can someone please point me in the right direction on exact information on how i go about modding my wii, backing up my games and maybe playing them off an external hard-drive??
thanx fam

AvEnGeR-X

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
REally, this is not the right forums. So...Let me rephrase you 'well said' question.

Can you guys tell me how to be a pirate with the Wii? I like the idea of backing up games with a drive, where do I get that from? That drive well make things soooo much easier to copy. What mod-chips are the best? Which ones play burned games the best? Which ones can actually play Brawl on Dual-layer!?

....We know you want to be a pirate mate. This forum is not for pirate-guide requests. Go and use the search button on google, where it isn't against the rules.

Moderators, lock this topic or delete....

tredes

Trophies
XP
Country
wtf are u talking about?? your an idiot mate...

I believe u will need a specific LG drive to rip games to your hard drive. Then you can just burn the image any way you prefer. I dont think there is a way to play games of an external hard drive. You'll have to burn each game to a dvd disc.

The mod chip depends on what model wii you have. I have a d2ckey in my wii and i recommend that!

Hope that helps.

Chemeleon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thanx tredes, lol, Avengerx has no idea, it is totally legal to mod your Wii and back-up games in Oz, even Ozmodchips sell pre-modded systems! lol, and I heard someting about being able to run your backed up games from an external, anyway, I have about 25 games and I think investing in an LG drive might be worth it , to ensure long-life on my games.

Narutoball

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its impossible to run backed up games from an External HDD.

You can find guides on actually modding you wii via google, alot more effective than here

.:Kurda:.

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
AvEnGeR-X said:
REally, this is not the right forums. So...Let me rephrase you 'well said' question.

Can you guys tell me how to be a pirate with the Wii? I like the idea of backing up games with a drive, where do I get that from? That drive well make things soooo much easier to copy. What mod-chips are the best? Which ones play burned games the best? Which ones can actually play Brawl on Dual-layer!?

....We know you want to be a pirate mate. This forum is not for pirate-guide requests. Go and use the search button on google, where it isn't against the rules.

Moderators, lock this topic or delete....

lol^

Who the fuck are you? Some guru.

Did he fucking ask for you to lecture him about how to go to another site.

Did he say " yoo, meh wanta pley teh gams i doonlowd! "? He just fucking wants to know how to backup his games.

Your a fucking ignorant asshole.

Sorry for my french and back on topic;

It is impossible to run backups from an external HDD.

BUT you can backup your games and dump 'em on the internet
biggrin.gif

It's hard to explain just google it; just like Narutoball said.

TONS of guides out there.

Google is your friend
smile.gif

Chemeleon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thanx heaps mates!!! thanx fo da support, Kurda, ur a legend!
smile.gif
lol, I think google it is! lol
smile.gif
smile.gif

Hey AvengerX, you need a root mate!

ZombiePosessor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Chemeleon said:
I have about 25 games

Why the hell do you have 25 Wii games? There's not even 5 games that are worth buying! Brawl is the only one worth the money. Everything else is either rehashed crap, shovelware, or the "crappy version" of something on another system, I.E. Spider-Man 3. What games do you have?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Wii_g...orth_America%29

Look at that list and pick out 5 great Wii games that weren't on another system or aren't re-hashed crap from old Nintendo systems.

25 games... WHY?

teq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ZombiePosessor said:
Look at that list and pick out 5 great Wii games that weren't on another system or aren't re-hashed crap from old Nintendo systems.

Metroid Prime 3
Super Mario Galaxy
Mario Kart Wii
Brawl
Zelda

Okay... so they're all "rehashes", but companies bank on trademarks.

I mean, honestly, is Halo 3 any different from Halo 2? MGS 4? Every Tomb Raider game since the first one?

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
teq said:
ZombiePosessor said:

Metroid Prime 3
Super Mario Galaxy
Mario Kart Wii
Brawl
Zelda

I mean, honestly, is Halo 3 any different from Halo 2? MGS 4? Every Tomb Raider game since the first one?
Good point.
And maybe more will be coming
happy.gif

ZombiePosessor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
teq said:
ZombiePosessor said:

Metroid Prime 3
Super Mario Galaxy
Mario Kart Wii
Brawl
Zelda

I agree with you, no, they're not different, but Nintendo is the WORST when it comes to innovation. All of those are first party titles, of course they're going to be "good." But I mean come on, what was NEW about those? At least in Halo and MGS and Tomb Raider, there was something new in each one, not something old with a new twist. All I'm trying to say is the Wii's title selection blows. We've been getting the crappy end of the stick, is all. I thought this system was supposed to be revolutionary. Motion controls? Try the NES, they did it already on that system. Everything the Wii has that people are so obsessed about has been done by Nintendo already in some way or another, Nintendo is just a big rehashing of Nintendo!

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
ZombiePosessor said:
teq said:
ZombiePosessor said:

Metroid Prime 3
Super Mario Galaxy
Mario Kart Wii
Brawl
Zelda

I agree with you, no, they're not different, but Nintendo is the WORST when it comes to innovation. All of those are first party titles, of course they're going to be "good." But I mean come on, what was NEW about those? At least in Halo and MGS and Tomb Raider, there was something new in each one, not something old with a new twist. All I'm trying to say is the Wii's title selection blows. We've been getting the crappy end of the stick, is all. I thought this system was supposed to be revolutionary. Motion controls? Try the NES, they did it already on that system. Everything the Wii has that people are so obsessed about has been done by Nintendo already in some way or another, Nintendo is just a big rehashing of Nintendo!
You are being very unpatient. Also, you're telling brawl. What Brawl have new to Melee, that Mario Galaxy doesn't have to Mario Sunshine?

AvEnGeR-X

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hmm, I suppose I misunderstood you question. Or just overreacted and assumed the worst
sleep.gif
. Sorry mate. I'll try and say something useful now.

I can tell you myself that I have a Drive used to backup games. Awesome as man! It does it in like 3 hours, sounds long, but compared to other methods, this is the best. Use Rawdump 2.1 to copy Wii games, some find this doesn't work and can't detect some drives, so use Friidump 0.4 instead if Rawdump doesn't work and use Friidump to copy Brawl (Brawl copying guide founder here).
Burning games.
To burn the games use a normal DVD-R or DVD-R/+R burner and burn to DVD-R's, not +R's. I heard +R's shorten the life of your Wii's lazer. I use Imgburn to burn my games to a disc. Some people find it doesn't work at all with them, and those people claim Nero works best. I can use either, but Imgburn has more features/easier to use and I tend to like it better
smile.gif

Note: Brawl is the first Dual-Layer game, so it requires special tools to put onto DVD5 (remove movies etc.), and some small steps to put onto DVD9 (no trimming required). My guide (mentioned above) explains all of this.

Once again, sorry about before.

teq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:

The problem with Nintendo is that it's always going to be nostalgic, even when they try to be revolutionary.

I liked Mario better when he didn't talk and was in 2D. It was a game you could pick up and play for as little or as long as you'd like and feel satisfied, no matter what. Now, I'm not knocking Mario 64, Sunshine, or Galaxy, as they're all epic games that are worth a play-through. What I'm saying is Nintendo was always the "pick up and play" company, not the "lock yourself in your room for a weekend" company(ie: Playstation).

The motion control has a lot of potential that hasn't been tapped into yet, but you aren't going to see Nintendo do it.... it's going to be a third party with an inventive game.

But, what I'm most excited about is that you'll soon be able to see games with true 3D perspective on the Wii.

Chemeleon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanx Avengerx, evrythings sweet mate, I was going to get a usbgecko but that sounds better! Im going to get Ozmodchips to mod my wii i think
smile.gif
and as for havin 25 games, lol, well i didnt pay full price on ALOT of them and if i had too i wouldnt have 25 lol,

Chemeleon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
AvEnGeR-X said:
I can tell you myself that I have a Drive used to backup games. Awesome as man! It does it in like 3 hours, sounds long, but compared to other methods, this is the best.

Do you have an LG drive or do I not need one mate?

Prime

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Chemeleon said:
AvEnGeR-X said:
I can tell you myself that I have a Drive used to backup games. Awesome as man! It does it in like 3 hours, sounds long, but compared to other methods, this is the best.

Do you have an LG drive or do I not need one mate?

LG Drives are the only ones that can back up wii games.

It has to be one of these models:

* LG-8164b
* LG-8163b
* LG-8162b
* LG-8161b

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: Just started God of War 2 on the PS2