Hacking modchipstore sent me this email about mod chips...

modshroom128

OP
Trophies
Website
modshroom128.imgur.com
XP
Country
United States
I said...
Will you guys be selling wiinja modchips anytime soon?

there reply:

no there are better chips in the works that will come out very quickly after.
The wiinja is not even worth selling.

Let us know if you have any other questions we can help you with.
Thanks
Customer Service

Dylanwhat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Imagine how many retailers are going to buy these chips and be stuck with them when something else comes out. I wouldn't resell the Wiinja or Cyclowiz either.

Jeda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
yes but I would imagine there is a nice amount of money to made from impatient buyers, so unless something clearly better comes out really soon, it wouldn't surprise me to see the mentioned mods in more well known stores.

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
say all you guys...WIINJA is shipping customer from tomorrow

we all no its gunna be shit
im going to wait for a solderless REAL DEAL modchip from a name i trust.

I'm gonna be doing exactly the same. Just look at the early xbox chips compared to the xenium ice and xecuter 3. People will be mad if they buy an early modchip then one comes out at a later date that allows you to play VC games by bypassing all the protection on them.

poisonousj

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i want what the wiinja says it can do ASAP! heh. playing VC games? that will be cool but to be honest, that is possible already on PC,Xbox1,Dreamcast,etc. also it wouldn't be that hard to take the chip out and put in a new one.

sure the wiinja is a $9 pic with $50 slapped ontop of it... but i'm impatient! as long as it works!

shtonkalot

Can't hold on much longer, But I'll never let go!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

im going to wait for a solderless REAL DEAL modchip from a name i trust.Some of us believe it will do exactly as stated, run backups. That was good enough for me to order one.
You can wait for a solderless solution but apart from probably waiting a long time (why would anyone bother with solderless?) you may not find anything better about the features of such a mod.
I can't wait for my "shit" wiinja to arrive, you wait as long as you like for your solderless wonderchip.
QUOTE(poisonousj @ Jan 30 2007, 11:31 AM)i want what the wiinja says it can do ASAP! heh. playing VC games? that will be cool but to be honest, that is possible already on PC,Xbox1,Dreamcast,etc. also it wouldn't be that hard to take the chip out and put in a new one.

sure the wiinja is a $9 pic with $50 slapped ontop of it... but i'm impatient! as long as it works!
Exactly! I will be possibly upgrading to a better chip sometime in the future but for now I'll be using the one I can actually get.
People go on about it being a ripoff but they surely must understand what it enables and how that can be worth even more dollars to some people.

modshroom128

OP
Trophies
Website
modshroom128.imgur.com
XP
Country
United States

im going to wait for a solderless REAL DEAL modchip from a name i trust.Some of us believe it will do exactly as stated, run backups. That was good enough for me to order one.
You can wait for a solderless solution but apart from probably waiting a long time (why would anyone bother with solderless?) you may not find anything better about the features of such a mod.
I can't wait for my "shit" wiinja to arrive, you wait as long as you like for your solderless wonderchip.
i want what the wiinja says it can do ASAP! heh. playing VC games? that will be cool but to be honest, that is possible already on PC,Xbox1,Dreamcast,etc.  also it wouldn't be that hard to take the chip out and put in a new one.

Exactly! I will be possibly upgrading to a better chip sometime in the future but for now I'll be using the one I can actually get.
People go on about it being a ripoff but they surely must understand what it enables and how that can be worth even more dollars to some people.

1. i cant solder. (waiting for a solderless chip would be a smart thing to do for a guy like me eh?)
2. i bet if u waited about 2 weeks they will anounce an UBBER wii modchip. that makes the wiinja look like beta version of an apple product.

shtonkalot

Can't hold on much longer, But I'll never let go!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
1. i cant solder. (waiting for a solderless chip would be a smart thing to do for a guy like me eh?)
2. i bet if u waited about 2 weeks they will anounce an UBBER wii modchip. that makes the wiinja look like beta version of an apple product.
In my opinion:-
1. I'm sure you can get someone to solder it in for you if you are not able or willing to learn how to do it yourself. Even at an electronics repair place, it's a tiny job and should be very cheap.
2. I'm not sure who "they" are supposed to be. IF you happen to be right that's another two weeks that I don't have to wait for what I want to do. I think it will take a while longer for a significantly better chip though. I'm still hoping a region mod is produced soon though.

It's cool for you to wait, it's cool for others (like me) not to.

Just because it's possible that a better ("ubber"?) chip will come out in the not too distant future doesn't make the ones currently available bad.

Azimuth

Chicken Teriyaki Boy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
the ideal solution would be a drive flash.......come on modders
but id wait 2 or 3 months for these chips to mature, right now it isnt known if they r stable or all the bugs have been worked out. Better be safe than sorry

ozzyzak

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
the ideal solution would be a drive flash.......come on modders
but id wait 2 or 3 months for these chips to mature, right now it isnt known if they r stable or all the bugs have been worked out. Better be safe than sorry

I have to agree with this. I'll probably order one myself but I'm waiting for a review. Should be soon eh?

754boy

:D
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wow, they straight clowned Wiinja lol. I wonder wat other chips are in the works? I was going to wait before I got one anyway, hopefully one of the uannounced chips is no-solder. My soldering skills are shit lol.

EDIT: Just checked out the link Renegade_R provided above. Wow, Wiinja got PWNED already. Quicksolder too, hell even I could do that. Hmmm....CycloWiz sounds damn good
wacko.gif

ozzyzak

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wow, they straight clowned Wiinja lol. I wonder wat other chips are in the works? I was going to wait before I got one anyway, hopefully one of the uannounced chips is no-solder. My soldering skills are shit lol.

Call me crazy but how does a no-solder chip work? Do you just tape it on or? Not being a smartass, I'm totally serious.

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Call me crazy but how does a no-solder chip work? Do you just tape it on or? Not being a smartass, I'm totally serious.

This one isn't solderless, it's Quicksolder, which means you mount it and solder in place. No wires.

But yeah, a solderless solution just clips to the board.

ozzyzak

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

This one isn't solderless, it's Quicksolder, which means you mount it and solder in place. No wires.

But yeah, a solderless solution just clips to the board.

Gotcha, thanks for the info. I'm still surprised that people can't wait to order a modchip that has yet to be reviewed...

poisonousj

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
soldering really isnt that hard. i dont have very steady hands and i was even able to put in a viper chip on a gc successfully. just practice a few minutes on some old busted electronics sticking wires to points to get the hang of it and you'll wonder why you didn't try it sooner.

now soldering on a PSP.... no way! lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: You can find Mew under a truck in Whatevertown.