Homebrew Official Mocha CFW - The sweet chocolate to your latte!

Dungeonseeker

Trophies
XP
Country
Got an issue with Mocha. I updated to 0.2 today via HBAS and booted up redNAND, it worked perfectly so I loaded Mario maker, finished a course, uploaded it then shut down my console in the normal way.

A few hours later I booted my Wii U up and pressed Haxchi (which is set up to run Mocha) and it launched the CFW as normal but it never finishes loading. It sits on the Mocha screen forever (I left it nearly 2 hours).

Any help would be great. I literally changed nothing after the update and it worked once so I'm a bit stumped as to what's happened.

C0mm4nd_

Aspirant Wii U homebrew dev :P
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Italy
Got an issue with Mocha. I updated to 0.2 today via HBAS and booted up redNAND, it worked perfectly so I loaded Mario maker, finished a course, uploaded it then shut down my console in the normal way.

A few hours later I booted my Wii U up and pressed Haxchi (which is set up to run Mocha) and it launched the CFW as normal but it never finishes loading. It sits on the Mocha screen forever (I left it nearly 2 hours).

Any help would be great. I literally changed nothing after the update and it worked once so I'm a bit stumped as to what's happened.
Try to use an older Mocha version or redownloading the new one (via PC)

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hello @dimok , just wanted to ask you. Is highly necesary to use the kexpliot to execute Mocha or could it be done by running a user space payload? I am asking because if it could be done by userspace, we could skip the mii maker's unnecesary time on coldboot, also it might be useful for original haxchi and browserexploit without the need of HBL.

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
?! It needs userspace to launch others exploits (iosuhax) to have more privileges, right? XD
Only userspace is not enough for CFW...
That is right, you use userspace to execute the iosu exploit, but the current and only way that Mocha runs is through userspace > kexploit > iosuexploit. Hexkyz explains that on his blogspot.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also, haxchi does not use kexploit to run a cfw at all, it uses userspace > iosuexploit, but that only works with fw.img files :/

mariogamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The OTP and SEEPROM dump is automatically injected into SD card if it is missing when OTP or SEEPROM redirection is enabled in redNAND mode. You can not redirect SEEPROM or OTP on sysNAND mode. The WiiU drive key part of the SEEPROM is not redirected as this one has to match the console drive key. Otherwise the console will report and error and lock itself out. So an exception for that range of the SEEPROM was added.
Does that drive key is re written during update? If yes,we probably cannot update. If not,we probably can...

Also does OTP/SEEPROM redirection is automatically enabled with rednand?

Fabbbrrr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hi there,

I'm having some issues running Mocha with Haxchi. Whenever I try to run haxchi with default mocha.elf, I got an error '-5' in a black screen. HBL and any other app work well tho. If I try to run Mocha from HBL works ok as well...

Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Thanks

loon111

Trophies
XP
Country
Does anyone have a step by step to install this please, i have been waiting to do something like this to my wiiu for ages as its been doing nothing for a long time, pm me or whatever, any help apreciated , thanks

Keep going to wiiubru an keeps freezing, any ideas?

Last edited by loon111,

Elaugaufein

Trophies
XP
Country
Does anyone have a step by step to install this please, i have been waiting to do something like this to my wiiu for ages as its been doing nothing for a long time, pm me or whatever, any help apreciated , thanks

Keep going to wiiubru an keeps freezing, any ideas?

Clear the Data in the browser. Make sure none of the buttons on the game pad are depressed eg by being layed on the floor / a table. Then go to the launch site of your choice.

loon111

Trophies
XP
Country
Clear the Data in the browser. Make sure none of the buttons on the game pad are depressed eg by being layed on the floor / a table. Then go to the launch site of your choice.
Done all that now it just freezes on a white screen mate?

Managed to do it, what are tge recommended settings for it, basically i want to boot it straight up, without going through it all every time, is that possible?

D

Deleted User

Does that drive key is re written during update? If yes,we probably cannot update. If not,we probably can...

Also does OTP/SEEPROM redirection is automatically enabled with rednand?

A) OFC not, it's to ensure the console's drive key is correct.....

B) Yes iirc?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: wth