NEW Mobile Website Bug

Discussion in 'Site Discussions & Suggestions' started by Jiehfeng, Aug 16, 2019.

1. Jiehfeng
    OP

Jiehfeng Netti Netti

Aug 15, 2012
    United States
    Where my feet lie on the ground
    I've been experiencing this bug for a while now and it's been getting real annoying so I decided to make this thread.

Basically in the mobile website version of this site (I use the Chrome app if that matters), when writing a post and then selecting a section of text within your previous paragraphs is very buggy. Sometimes when I try to type text in-between a sentence above, it removes some of the text I've previously typed, and the text cursor switches to a different position.

I hope I explained it well enough. If someone can't recreate this, I'll record the bug on my phone.

2. IncredulousP

IncredulousP GBAtemp Fan

Aug 21, 2012
    United States
    Yep, I've posted about this too. Happens to me on any mobile browser, and I've had it occur once on desktop as well. In my experience, large text posts and moving the cursor via sliding the spacebar both increase the frequency with which this happens.

Jiehfeng likes this.
  3. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo G'nome

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    This has been posted a lot of different times before, unfortunately I don't think there's anything that can be done to fix it.

It's a problem with the Rich Text editor that's used. It only seems to affect certain keyboards (as far as I recall, it was Swiftkey and Gboard that were the most popular that had this issue)...but sometimes it just doesn't happen, and some people don't have the issue with the same keyboard, so I dunno if it's site related or just some funky setting that some people have enabled or disabled that causes the issue.

4. Jiehfeng
    OP

Jiehfeng Netti Netti

Aug 15, 2012
    United States
    Where my feet lie on the ground
    Well I certainly didn't experience this anywhere else, do you know any other site with this text editor so I can check if it's this site or not that's the issue? Cause this happens with every post I make.

5. Elemi

Elemi Cute and wholesome~

Feb 29, 2012
    United Kingdom
    L o c a t e d
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Lots of sitewide bugs related to CSS media queries and flexbox rules, also absolute positioned elements are flying around places they shouldn't.

This is on the last stable chrome android version.

Very annoying.