MM-LINX - Super Mario Maker 2 Level Injector

nstall the MM-LINX homebrew application on your switch, to install levels uploaded to https://tinfoil.io/MarioMaker/ directly to your Super Mario Maker 2 Level slots!

Very early release, please be patient and it will get better with time as all of my applications do :) Feel free to post feature requests and bug reports.

This is currently hard coded to use the first user profile. Please ensure that Super Mario Maker 2 is not running, and that you have at least one SMM2 save on the first user's profile.

For maximum compatibility and stability, we recommend that you use ReiNX or SX.

Download: https://github.com/blawar/mmlinx

edit: 1.01 fixed sorting, press + to sort
edit: 1.02 added support for uploading your levels to tinfoil.io from MM-LINX
edit: 1.03 added file browser for installing levels from (sd, ftp, http, gdrive, usb, etc), search, ability to change user, translation (needs work), ability to copy files to and from smm2's save directly, themes, other stuff I probably forgot.
edit: 1.04 saving / loading is now much faster and does not overwrite your save progress; added columns for difficulty, rating, and course id; ability to unlock hammer and super flower on supported cfw's.
edit: 1.05 increased security, mandatory update. Cloud servers will no longer work with previous versions (downloads section will be empty).

mmlinx4.jpg
mmlinx3.jpg
mmlinx2.jpg
mmlinx1.jpg

Download: https://github.com/blawar/mmlinx

Attachments

• mmlinx3.jpg
    mmlinx3.jpg
    442.9 KB · Views: 2,085
  • mmlinx1.jpg
    mmlinx1.jpg
    206.2 KB · Views: 592
  • mmlinx2.jpg
    mmlinx2.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 651
Last edited by blawar,

gamemasteru03

Nintendo nerd
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is me just giving extra content and features to encourage the use of CFW's that do not cause me support headaches.
I think this DRM is causing more support problems than if there was no DRM. The last few pages of this thread have preatty much been people confused on why the file browser is not there, why your app is deleating folders off their sd card, and why kosmos wont work. All of which are DRM problems. I haven't even seen anybody who has had a major problem with your app which is not caused by DRM. Even those like me who have bypassed your DRM and are using kosmos havent had any major problems besides the DRM. That being said this is your app so you can do what you want with it. I just hope you will consider what others and I have said about this problem.

Reactions: hippy dave

RatedMatureOnly

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey, quick question, a friend of mine and me downloaded some levels , but after 3 lvl downloaded, we cannot find the other we have download ? is there anything we can do for this or we niss something ?

blawar

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think this DRM is causing more support problems than if there was no DRM. The last few pages of this thread have preatty much been people confused on why the file browser is not there, why your app is deleating folders off their sd card, and why kosmos wont work. All of which are DRM problems. I haven't even seen anybody who has had a major problem with your app which is not caused by DRM. Even those like me who have bypassed your DRM and are using kosmos havent had any major problems besides the DRM. That being said this is your app so you can do what you want with it. I just hope you will consider what others and I have said about this problem.

Its temporary, and its support I am willing to give to move people to stable CFW's.

Honestly, I am more inclined to just block all atmosphere due to trolls. A lot of the increased confusion is coming from misinformation being spread by trolls / people with a political agenda. I have some more cool applications coming out, that will have the same DRM. Would be a shame if I had to block atmosphere on all of my apps because of atmosphere trolls.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hey, quick question, a friend of mine and me downloaded some levels , but after 3 lvl downloaded, we cannot find the other we have download ? is there anything we can do for this or we niss something ?

When yyou install a level, it should alert you which slot it was installed to. Also ensure that you installed it to the correct user profile.

Reactions: gizmomelb

RatedMatureOnly

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@blawar thanks for the quick reponse, its working fine, not sure why it did not show correctly, but after I've restart the game it's working fine ( game wasn't running during th download )

DuveltjeDG

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
That is me just giving extra content and features to encourage the use of CFW's that do not cause me support headaches.

Ok I understand but when using Hekate 5.0.1 and Joonie's patches it's not working anyway. Could you please look or tell what we can try, using the workaround seems to work but is not the best way to do it.

gamemasteru03

Nintendo nerd
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its temporary, and its support I am willing to give to move people to stable CFW's.

Honestly, I am more inclined to just block all atmosphere due to trolls. A lot of the increased confusion is coming from misinformation being spread by trolls / people with a political agenda. I have some more cool applications coming out, that will have the same DRM. Would be a shame if I had to block atmosphere on all of my apps because of atmosphere trolls.

When yyou install a level, it should alert you which slot it was installed to. Also ensure that you installed it to the correct user profile.
Just because some people who use a cfw are trolls dosnt mean that it makes it right for you to punish everyone else who uses the cfw. I'm preatty sure there are a lot of trolls who use reinx or sx os yet they go unpunished? Again these are your apps so you can do what you want but just be ready to get complaints and confusion from atmosphere users about the DRM.

blawar

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I understand but when using Hekate 5.0.1 and Joonie's patches it's not working anyway. Could you please look or tell what we can try, using the workaround seems to work but is not the best way to do it.

joonies patch has a hekate 5 binary + sig, it will work. Unless you replaced his binary (then it will not work).

Just because some people who use a cfw are trolls dosnt mean that it makes it right for you to punish everyone else who uses the cfw. I'm preatty sure there are a lot of trolls who use reinx or sx os yet they go unpunished? Again these are your apps so you can do what you want but just be ready to get complaints and confusion from atmosphere users about the DRM.

The scene does not police itself. Harassing a dev who is releasing their software for free because they put something in their app that you don't like is stupid. The typical result here is the dev quitting. I am not the typical dev, i'll troll back and just ban all of atmosphere.

These trolls exist because people dont tell them to stfu. Evil prevails when good men fail to act.

The same thing happened a year ago with n1dus, and it lead to adubbz quitting og tinfoil. Then it happened again leading DZ to go closed source. And now I see it happening again with blanket bans on atmosphere. Whether you agree with my decision to add the kosmos nag or not, it is poor form to litter my thread with pages of fud.

Reactions: gizmomelb

gamemasteru03

Nintendo nerd
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
joonies patch has a hekate 5 binary + sig, it will work. Unless you replaced his binary (then it will not work).

The scene does not police itself. Harassing a dev who is releasing their software for free because they put something in their app that you don't like is stupid. The typical result here is the dev quitting. I am not the typical dev, i'll troll back and just ban all of atmosphere.

These trolls exist because people dont tell them to stfu. Evil prevails when good men fail to act.

The same thing happened a year ago with n1dus, and it lead to adubbz quitting og tinfoil. Then it happened again leading DZ to go closed source. And now I see it happening again with blanket bans on atmosphere. Whether you agree with my decision to add the kosmos nag or not, it is poor form to litter my thread with pages of fud.
I have no intention on making you want to quit because the more devs we have the better the scene will be and I am truly sorry if my comments made you feel that way. At your request I'll stop questioning your reasoning for this decision but I will still help kosmos users to get this running on their switch. Because the bottom line is that your apps and kosmos are both great. I just simply wish that I could use both easily.

Reactions: acenj and mechhhhh

rob4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Nah the entertainment and satisfaction I get from the hallowed sport of blawar baiting is in no way sexual.

Why is this allowed on a post about a homebrew? Nothing better to do?

Back on topic, blawar can this app be avalaible on sxos homebrew store?

Thanks again.

Mthodmn101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why is this allowed on a post about a homebrew? Nothing better to do?

Back on topic, blawar can this app be avalaible on sxos homebrew store?

Thanks again.

That is probably a better question to ask on the TX discord. Although i don't know who is actually hosting that store

Reactions: rob4

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Just to be sure:
If I use 1.04 with KOSMOS/hekate/Atmo right now, my bootloader folder will be nuked?
Even with those acid patches?

And only way to prevent that is to use a ReiNX spoofing sysmodule on Atmo (lol)?

DuveltjeDG

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Just to be sure:
If I use 1.04 with KOSMOS/hekate/Atmo right now, my bootloader folder will be nuked?

And only way to prevent that is to use a ReiNX spoofing sysmodule on Atmo (lol)?

If you use Kosmos with ACID patches it will not nuke your bootloader folder. The only thing I needed was the reinx spoof method to get the file browser. The spoofer is linked earlier in this thread on page 14 or 15.

Reactions: lordelan

RatedMatureOnly

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Awesome work on this project, quick question, how often this level database is updated ? There is approx 1000 lvl available on this homebrew and nearly 2 million online ? any way we can help to upload more ?

blawar

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just to be sure:

It does not delete any files. There is an option to "uninstall kosmos", but you do not have to run it, it is provided purely as a convenience to get around the nag.

Awesome work on this project, quick question, how often this level database is updated ? There is approx 1000 lvl available on this homebrew and nearly 2 million online ? any way we can help to upload more ?

The site hosts user supplied content. Its updated whenever anyone uploads more levels.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It does not delete any files. There is an option to "uninstall kosmos", but you do not have to run it, it is provided purely as a convenience to get around the nag.
Please can you confirm whether it deletes (sorry, clearly not "deletes" but "uninstalls") specific files (which?) or a whole folder? I also feel like the app should specify this before doing anything, but what do I know.

Jedeitor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain

Errr... no, that's you cutting all the features (a level injector that can't inject? C'mon!) to force users to use the CFW you consider the best. I am using atmos and once I bypassed all that (using version 1.03) I didn't need any help or support to run it. You know this DRM thing is giving you much more headaches than the support part, that is minimum, and not CFW related. Oh, and I honestly think that the people here with atmos/kosmos trying to get it work aren't trolls. Just people trying to use your app and not wanting to change CFW (for whatever reason).

blawar

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Errr... no, that's you cutting all the features (a level injector that can't inject? C'mon!) to force users to use the CFW you consider the best. I am using atmos and once I bypassed all that (using version 1.03) I didn't need any help or support to run it. You know this DRM thing is giving you much more headaches than the support part, that is minimum, and not CFW related. Oh, and I honestly think that the people here with atmos/kosmos trying to get it work aren't trolls. Just people trying to use your app and not wanting to change CFW (for whatever reason).

It installs levels from tinfoil.io just fine on atmosphere, which is the primary purpose of the app.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan, Remember to take your meds like AncientBoi.