MM-LINX - Super Mario Maker 2 Level Injector

nstall the MM-LINX homebrew application on your switch, to install levels uploaded to https://tinfoil.io/MarioMaker/ directly to your Super Mario Maker 2 Level slots!

Very early release, please be patient and it will get better with time as all of my applications do :) Feel free to post feature requests and bug reports.

This is currently hard coded to use the first user profile. Please ensure that Super Mario Maker 2 is not running, and that you have at least one SMM2 save on the first user's profile.

For maximum compatibility and stability, we recommend that you use ReiNX or SX.

Download: https://github.com/blawar/mmlinx

edit: 1.01 fixed sorting, press + to sort
edit: 1.02 added support for uploading your levels to tinfoil.io from MM-LINX
edit: 1.03 added file browser for installing levels from (sd, ftp, http, gdrive, usb, etc), search, ability to change user, translation (needs work), ability to copy files to and from smm2's save directly, themes, other stuff I probably forgot.
edit: 1.04 saving / loading is now much faster and does not overwrite your save progress; added columns for difficulty, rating, and course id; ability to unlock hammer and super flower on supported cfw's.
edit: 1.05 increased security, mandatory update. Cloud servers will no longer work with previous versions (downloads section will be empty).

mmlinx4.jpg
mmlinx3.jpg
mmlinx2.jpg
mmlinx1.jpg

Download: https://github.com/blawar/mmlinx

Attachments

• mmlinx3.jpg
    mmlinx3.jpg
    442.9 KB · Views: 2,087
  • mmlinx1.jpg
    mmlinx1.jpg
    206.2 KB · Views: 595
  • mmlinx2.jpg
    mmlinx2.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 653
Last edited by blawar,

rob4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I would agree if the dev would stopping to force the user to install a specific CFW because of ego.

Then, you prefer that the app doesn't exist, instead of existing but only for some cfw?

Because i think that we are going there.

zeo_max

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Then, you prefer that the app doesn't exist, instead of existing but only for some cfw?

Yes. If wish someone else had made it, someone who is not such a dickhead. But now we are stuck with this app because there is no more incentive for other devs to do another similar app.

OkazakiTheOtaku

no thanks, I don't want a custom title
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
@blawar I don't use Hekate's boot process to launch Atmosphere as I have no interest in Kosmos, I just use it to chain load fusee-primary.bin
I still get the warning message however. Is there a way to fix this? I use Hekate to chainload because I built my own boot dongle and can't easily replace the payload it injects.

blawar

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@blawar I don't use Hekate's boot process to launch Atmosphere as I have no interest in Kosmos, I just use it to chain load fusee-primary.bin
I still get the warning message however. Is there a way to fix this? I use Hekate to chainload because I built my own boot dongle and can't easily replace the payload it injects.

use joonie's patches, he has a gbatemp thread.

the hekate nag will be removed in a month or two once hekate 5 adoption rates become higher.

blawar

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you really insist on doing this shit, why not detect the official hekate 5 binaries and leave off the nagging?

What do you think I am doing? Joonie is signing the official hekate binaries. There is a near zero percent chance that ctcaer will distribute tinfoil hekate sig's in his releases, that would fix it too.

people need the patches anyway, so joonie distributing it with the patches should solve the issue 99% of the time. The only reason some people are caught up right now is because there wasnt a new switch FW version to force people to download new patches.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What do you think I am doing?
Not detecting the official binaries. It's tiny, just hash it. Unless that would mean giving up the convenient excuse for pushing your actual agenda.

people need the patches anyway
Not people like the guy you were responding to, who doesn't use hekate to boot cfw.

Reactions: chaoskagami

OkazakiTheOtaku

no thanks, I don't want a custom title
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Not detecting the official binaries. It's tiny, just hash it. Unless that would mean giving up the convenient excuse for pushing your actual agenda.
Not people like the guy you were responding to, who doesn't use hekate to boot cfw.
I'm going to attempt to play devil's advocate here and say what I think Blawar is trying to.
To Blawar, the safest way to use his tool is with all kinds of patches: FS, ES, and ACID.

Because there was no new Nintendo Switch firmware to make everyone update their patches (ACID included), he has to enforce it himself in his tool to get people to install them. The idea being that if you have Hekate 5, you also likely have other stuff updated and therefore have those patches.
I personally don't agree with the strong-arming, but I recognize the rationale.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm going to attempt to play devil's advocate here and say what I think Blawar is trying to.
To Blawar, the safest way to use his tool is with all kinds of patches: FS, ES, and ACID.

Because there was no new Nintendo Switch firmware to make everyone update their patches (ACID included), he has to enforce it himself in his tool to get people to install them. The idea being that if you have Hekate 5, you also likely have other stuff updated and therefore have those patches.
I personally don't agree with the strong-arming, but I recognize the rationale.
If this tool is able to load in the first place then it has all the patches it needs. And he's moved on from trying to stop people from using kosmos to trying to tell people not to use atmosphere. He's as fully entitled to express an opinion on the subject as anyone, but pushing it with his software is just more antisocial behaviour to the community.

blawar

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If this tool is able to load in the first place then it has all the patches it needs. And he's moved on from trying to stop people from using kosmos to trying to tell people not to use atmosphere. He's as fully entitled to express an opinion on the subject as anyone, but pushing it with his software is just more antisocial behaviour to the community.

And most games released for the nintendo switch do not require the latest firmware, yet set arbitrary requirements for it. Why do you think this is? Same reason.

blawar

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Then I would need to include a list of hashes inside of the binary, and then I would need to update all of my apps every time hekate updates. I am sure you can see how that is not a manageable solution. Complaining is easy, finding solutions is hard. I believe I have came up with the best solution reasonably possible.

Believe it or not, I am actually bringing stability to the scene, by forcing a standard on patches that scires and ctcaer was unwilling to do. Standards are very important. Sometimes people have to do unpopular things for the good of the greater whole. I know some people claim what I am doing is political, however if that was true I would not have gone out of my way to implement a signing system for hekate. To be clear, I have zero issues with kosmos now that they have gotten out of the patching business.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Because nintendo's a pissy little bitch with a huge array of self-made grudges?

No, it is forcing users to upgrade to fix usually unrelated stuff. Here I am forcing users to upgrade to fix their patching deficiencies for *other* applications. I am not forcing people to remove kosmos or hekate, simply to upgrade it to a state that is consistent with scene standards (which hekate 5 does on its own).

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hekate updates once in a blue moon, probably followed by a bugfix release. At this point you'd have two hashes max, and aren't that likely to have more, possibly another one or two max, by the time you claim you'll be removing this check anyway. If that doesn't sound manageable to you then hire some help.

Mthodmn101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hekate updates once in a blue moon, probably followed by a bugfix release. At this point you'd have two hashes max, and aren't that likely to have more, possibly another one or two max, by the time you claim you'll be removing this check anyway. If that doesn't sound manageable to you then hire some help.

You're hired.

Reactions: hippy dave

ViewtifulM

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@blawar Whenever I install a level using version 1.04, I get an error of corrupt data when I try to play it and the level gets deleted. Using version 1.03 I don't have this issue. Are you aware of this?

BTW, I'm running ReinX with 8.0.1 firmware.

Thanks for your great work.

D

Deleted-452294

First disclaimer: I'm not responsible if this patch breaks your console or something. I wouldn't be surprised if blawar adds integrity checks. That would however be troublesome.
Second disclaimer: I won't give support if this application doesn't work properly because it doesn't have the required permissions/patches. I won't update this patch either.

This is a simple patch that should make MM-LINX believe it runs on ReiNX/SX. It patches the obfuscated service check.
This should be useful to some users which get flagged as using Kosmos.

Only applies to this specific version:
1610cf8a952d9708054b0cbdcd6dfda04f41b1c23c58d092e831eeccdd42e462 mmlinx.nro

0x97640: 98 E5 FD 97 => 20 00 80 52

I haven't actually tested if this works. Let me know if it does. However, I believe it should.

To blawar:
I don't see how ACID patches are required for this to work. Why not change the HBL NPDM instead of doing this?

DuveltjeDG

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
First disclaimer: I'm not responsible if this patch breaks your console or something. I wouldn't be surprised if blawar adds integrity checks. That would however be troublesome.
Second disclaimer: I won't give support if this application doesn't work properly because it doesn't have the required permissions/patches. I won't update this patch either.

This is a simple patch that should make MM-LINX believe it runs on ReiNX/SX. It patches the obfuscated service check.
This should be useful to some users which get flagged as using Kosmos.

Only applies to this specific version:
1610cf8a952d9708054b0cbdcd6dfda04f41b1c23c58d092e831eeccdd42e462 mmlinx.nro

0x97640: 98 E5 FD 97 => 20 00 80 52

I haven't actually tested if this works. Let me know if it does. However, I believe it should.

To blawar:
I don't see how ACID patches are required for this to work. Why not change the HBL NPDM instead of doing this?

This does the same thing as the rei nx spoofer kip. I have this in my atmosphere title folder. This makes file browser work on Kosmos/Hekate 5.0.1 and ACID patches installed. Without spoofing I don’t get any nag while booting this or tinfoil. But only file browser doesn’t work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I will admit that one does seem more interesting than the usual Ambernic ones, and I already liked those.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I dread the price point.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    This looks like one of their premium models, so... $150 :glare:
    +1
    To me that seems reasonable.
    I mean since basically all the games are errmmm free lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I mean yeah sure but the specs are the same as a $50 model, it's just those pesky "quality of life" things driving up the price, like an actually working speaker, or buttons that don't melt, and stuff like that.
    +1
    I think all in my Pi 4 was well north of 200 bucks 150ish for the Pi 4 the case the fancy cooler, then like 70 for the 500GB MicroSD then like 70 for the Xbox controller. But honestly it's a nice set up I really enjoy and to me was worth every penny. (even bought more controllers for 2 or 4 player games.) hmmm have never played any 2 player games yet :(
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah that's what I hate about the RPi, it's supposedly $30 or something but it takes an additional $200 of accessories to actually turn it into a working something.
    yes that's the expensive part lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I mean sure it's flexible and stuff but so is uremum but it's fiddly.
    Yeah a lot of it I consider a hobby, using Batocera I am constantly adjusting the collection adding and removing stuff, scraping the artwork. Haven't even started on some music for the theme... Also way down the road I am considering attempting to do a WiiFlow knock off lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I want everything served on a plate plz ktnx, "work" is too much work for me.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Hmm, with that in mind, maybe a complete out-the-box solution with all the games collected, pacthed and optimized for me would be worth $150 :unsure:
    Yeah it's all choice and that's a good thing :)
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    animal crossing new leaf 11pm music
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    avatars-kKKZnC8XiW7HEUw0-KdJMsw-t1080x1080.jpg
    wokey d pronouns
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    What its like to do online shopping in 1998: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwag5XE8oJo
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wokey d pronouns when woku walks in

"CALL ME THEY SLASH THEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEM"
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :tpi::rofl2::rofl2: Right on point :rofl2::rofl2::tpi:
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    politics forum is def a place that exists
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: lol