MM-LINX - Super Mario Maker 2 Level Injector

nstall the MM-LINX homebrew application on your switch, to install levels uploaded to https://tinfoil.io/MarioMaker/ directly to your Super Mario Maker 2 Level slots!

Very early release, please be patient and it will get better with time as all of my applications do :) Feel free to post feature requests and bug reports.

This is currently hard coded to use the first user profile. Please ensure that Super Mario Maker 2 is not running, and that you have at least one SMM2 save on the first user's profile.

For maximum compatibility and stability, we recommend that you use ReiNX or SX.

Download: https://github.com/blawar/mmlinx

edit: 1.01 fixed sorting, press + to sort
edit: 1.02 added support for uploading your levels to tinfoil.io from MM-LINX
edit: 1.03 added file browser for installing levels from (sd, ftp, http, gdrive, usb, etc), search, ability to change user, translation (needs work), ability to copy files to and from smm2's save directly, themes, other stuff I probably forgot.
edit: 1.04 saving / loading is now much faster and does not overwrite your save progress; added columns for difficulty, rating, and course id; ability to unlock hammer and super flower on supported cfw's.
edit: 1.05 increased security, mandatory update. Cloud servers will no longer work with previous versions (downloads section will be empty).

mmlinx4.jpg
mmlinx3.jpg
mmlinx2.jpg
mmlinx1.jpg

Download: https://github.com/blawar/mmlinx

Attachments

• mmlinx3.jpg
    mmlinx3.jpg
    442.9 KB · Views: 2,085
  • mmlinx1.jpg
    mmlinx1.jpg
    206.2 KB · Views: 592
  • mmlinx2.jpg
    mmlinx2.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 651
Last edited by blawar,

gamemasteru03

Nintendo nerd
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use FAT32 the latest kosmos with es, fs and acid patches. So it should work as more people have this working. Using the spoofer for now does the job.

Even with atmosphere and the spoofer alone does the job and shows the file browser. It looks like it’s done on purpose. I don’t have an SX OS license so that could be the reason that booting without a license disables the file browser.

But then again why all of this just to force people to use stuff they don’t want? But I could be wrong and this is just bug or some sort.

But I can also tell. Works great using the browser.
Just tested it myself. When there is no license.dat on the root of my sd card then the file browser disappears. This is really shady and messed up.

So for all kosmos and atmosphere users to use this tool you got to install ACID patches from here https://github.com/Joonie86/hekate/releases/tag/5.0.0J and create a file called "license.dat" on the root of your sd card in order to trick your this tool into thinking that you are using sxos. You can also use the reinx spoofer kip from here https://github.com/StevenMattera/ReiNX-Spoofer/releases to trick the tool into thinking that you are using reinx. I would recommend the first method because then other homebrew apps will think you are using reinx which might cause other problems.

gizmomelb

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Just tested it myself. When there is no license.dat on the root of my sd card then the file browser disappears. This is really shady and messed up.

good detection, it might be that the app is using the SX OS file loader library so it supports USB devices and that might be why there is no file browser when the licence.dat file is not there?

gamemasteru03

Nintendo nerd
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
good detection, it might be that the app is using the SX OS file loader library so it supports USB devices and that might be why there is no file browser when the licence.dat file is not there?
If I had to guess it's an extra layer of DRM to try to force people to use reinx or sx os since in 1.03 a license.dat file was not needed to use the file browser. The app also works fine with reinx which does not have usb capabilities like sx os. The code for this DRM is most likely something along the lines of this:
1) Check for reinx sys module if detected then the app works (this is why the reinx spoofer works because it mimics this module).
2) If not found then check for ACID patches.
If no ACID patches are found then tell the user to uninstall kosmos if not uninstalled then crash the system.
3) (In version 1.04) Then check for "license.dat" on the root of the sd card if not detected then it disables the file browser and other tools.

alexj9626

Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
So there would be no problem to connect to the internet and download the lvls with SXOS Stealth Mode, right? Anyone tried?

Just to be sure... I have a clean switch since 2017, dont want to get banned now.

gamemasteru03

Nintendo nerd
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does yuzu run homebrew?
You're deleting whole directories of your users' files without warning them of such, don't have anything to say about that, but will respond to this? Maybe spend more time where the problem is and less time trolling on discord.
I will also like an answer to this. Why are you trying to force users to use sx or reinx when kosmos / atmosphere works fine after the DRM you placed in is bypassed?

Reactions: TylerSGman

phillyrider807

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got it working on Atmosphere thanks to the tips posted a couple posts ago. Sucks u gotta go through the hoops on making it work with Atmosphere but it does work once u set it up.

Great homebrew app!

Reactions: DuveltjeDG

blawar

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

So for all kosmos and atmosphere users to use this tool you got to install ACID patches from here https://github.com/Joonie86/hekate/releases/tag/5.0.0J and create a file called "license.dat" on the root of your sd card in order to trick your this tool into thinking that you are using sxos. You can also use the reinx spoofer kip from here https://github.com/StevenMattera/ReiNX-Spoofer/releases to trick the tool into thinking that you are using reinx. I would recommend the first method because then other homebrew apps will think you are using reinx which might cause other problems.

you are misinformed, though the reinx spoofer likely works.

I never claimed the app does not work on atmosphere or kosmos, just that I encourage reinx or sx usage because their are fewer support issues due to zero config.

it’s really quite simple, if you are using atmosphere or kosmos without acid patches, i don’t want to hear about any of your issues. best way to do that is to block them as i will inevitably hear about them indirectly if not directly.

i’m glad you found the app useful.

DuveltjeDG

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
@blawar I understond you're point of view but I have Kosmos using the ACID patches as you claim needed. Even with those in place it simply doesn't show the file browser. So there is really something wrong with your above statement. Placing those solutions makes the app work fine and it works great. But please there is just no reason to push people to pay for SX OS or use ReiNX.

But again great app.

I installed the latest version of Kosmos with the latest patches from Joonie. I use the latest Hekate with kip1patch=nosigchk in the ini. The only thing that works for me is using the spoofing kip for ReiNX. That is not a major issue but it should work without it because the ACID patches are in place. I know you not want to hear anything about issues with Kosmos etc. But 1.03 works without issues so would you care to think with us.

Last edited by DuveltjeDG,
Reactions: gamemasteru03

BitBobble

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I never claimed the app does not work on atmosphere or kosmos, just that I encourage reinx or sx usage because their are fewer support issues due to zero config.

it’s really quite simple, if you are using atmosphere or kosmos without acid patches, i don’t want to hear about any of your issues. best way to do that is to block them as i will inevitably hear about them indirectly if not directly.

Likewise ... no one wants to hear about YOUR issues either. People have applied the patches and are still tripping whatever you coded into the program. Your detection method is buggy or you're scanning for more than just patch files. In either case, ..."if you don't like it, don't use it" and "recommended OS" doesn't explain arbitrarily popping up some giant red scareware splash screen and deliberately crashing the app if the user chooses not to delete certain files.

Just be straight forward about. If you hate a certain OS or firmware or whatever, great! Just don't drag unsuspecting users into it and waste their time either. For what it's worth ... it's still a good program with a lot of potential.

Jedeitor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain

Some points:

1) Your app is very useful.

2) There's a difference between "encourage" and "force".

3) As some people already told you, some of us are running Atmos/Kosmos with all the patches and the file browser doesn't appear ON 1.04 VERSION. It does appear on 1.03, though, so either it is a mistake on the last version or you applied further measures to make it unusable on Atmos/Kosmos.

4) It would be nice to know wich one is it.

gamemasteru03

Nintendo nerd
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Yeah I was somewhat ok with that DRM but that still does not explain the new DRM that you implemented in 1.04. Which disables the file browser and other tools if a sx license file is not detected or reinx (module?) is not detected.

blawar

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I was somewhat ok with that DRM but that still does not explain the new DRM that you implemented in 1.04. Which disables the file browser and other tools if a sx license file is not detected or reinx (module?) is not detected.

That is me just giving extra content and features to encourage the use of CFW's that do not cause me support headaches.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That is me just giving extra content and features to encourage the use of CFW's that do not cause me support headaches.
It's just another one of your batshit crusades against those you feel have sleighted you - which is most devs at this point because you don't know how to get on with people.
Weak effort trolling on discord last night btw, very disappointing.

Last edited by hippy dave,
Reactions: TylerSGman

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.techradar.com/pro/scientists-design-super-battery-made-with-cheap-readily-affordable-...