granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SuperMarioBrosLogo.gif
I know, what a twist. Shigeru Miyamoto has gone on record in the newest "Iwata Asks" to finally confirm that he is busy at work on the newest Mario game, one he refers to as a "new Super Mario Bros". Not necessarily a continuation of the name New Super Mario Bros, just a new title in the series of Super Mario Bros games. [/p]
QUOTE said:
Miyamoto: Yes. So, in the interests of adopting new technology for the Super Mario Bros. tradition, I am now making a new Super Mario Bros. game for the Nintendo 3DS system...I want to show everyone as soon as possible what the new Super Mario Bros. will be like on the Nintendo 3DS.
It was of course obvious that the 3DS would be getting its own Mario platforming game. Miyamoto had been talking for some time about how the 3D effect brought them new technology to make platforming in a 3D world more precise, adding a superior sense of depth to the mix. But this is the first time he has specifically mentioned what exactly he was working on. Whether this new Mario game will be a 2D or 3D platformer remains to be seen. Quite possibly the former though, games titled with the full name Super Mario Bros have generally been in 2D. Though he may have just been referring to the Mario platforming franchise in general. I would expect the grand unveiling of the game to occur at the upcoming year's E3, if not sooner. He makes it seem like he has something to show and is just waiting for the right opportunity to show it. [/p]
icon11.gif
Source

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Only plain logic to see another Mario platformer coming to the 3DS. Nice to see they are already working on it, that almost guarantees a good game (in SMB standards)

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, this topic really only reaffirms what we suspected from his past comments, and what is obvious based on trends. But we have confirmation that he's hard at work on one and that he wants to show everyone ASAP. That makes me think the game is coming along at a nice pace if he has something to show. I'm sure we'll get some real info soon enough.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I want a 3D Mario Platformer. Like 64. Would be great to actually be able to judge where you're going. >.

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
i hope it's not a 3d platformer like 64... then it wouldn't be nsmb any more, just a different mario game but with that title. i personally believe that the new super mario bros title should belong to a 3d platformer like the original (and remakes). i also fear that, because of the 3d, it may become too much like paper mario...

Traversal

Soooo cool!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Neat, although everybody knew about this before it was announced, it's nice to have it reassured. I wonder if we'll see some footage or pictures of it at E3.

AndroidDem0man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol, it is probably gonna be like that paper mario 3d game thats just paper mario in 3d3d and its like mario bros, Same crap,
But, Its not gonna crash every 5 seconds like that gay game does.
This is prob gonna be an amazing game though. i loved the wii one, the ds, and 3. Super mario bros 3 is my fav. its pwnnnnage

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
i can imagine new tricks involving shaking, titling the 3ds and so on. its gonna be really cool especially using the camera to maneuver the 3d... expect really good innovations (which can only be competed by zelda; new version for 3ds)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo