Miyamoto on Smosh

Discussion in 'Wii U - Games & Content' started by WatchGintama, Jan 6, 2015.

1. WatchGintama
    OP

WatchGintama GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 22, 2009
    United States

Smosh aside, he says something about F-Zero needing a new control scheme.

:arrow:Source

Tomato Hentai likes this.
  2. WiiCube_2013

WiiCube_2013 GBAtemp Guru

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    Which part does he talk about F-Zero? I just don't want to watch these guys 'cause I can't stand them any more.

3. WatchGintama
    OP

WatchGintama GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 22, 2009
    United States
  4. Arras

Arras GBAtemp Guru

Sep 14, 2010
    Netherlands
    He was also in some other Youtuber's cooking show a while ago.

5. GamerzHell9137

GamerzHell9137 GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 1, 2011
    Bosnia and Herzegovina

And iJustine too.

6. Lycanroc

Lycanroc Midnight Wolf

May 11, 2014
    Germany
    Ibbenb├╝ren
    Her name is Rosanna, she's the host of Nerdy Nummies, I love her videos :D

7. WiiCube_2013

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    Miyamoto really? So he's saying that the Wii U won't get a new F-Zero because none of the controllers have analogue triggers?

It's not like it even matters since F-Zero is a futuristic racer rather than a simulator (*cough* Project C.A.R.S *cough*) and yet this is possibly the reason the Wii U's not receiving it? Ugh, come on. Nintendo needs to get their shit together.

8. shinkodachi

shinkodachi On permanent leave

Dec 31, 2013
    Finland
    Bill Trinen translated what Miyamoto said as the game requiring a proper "controller interface", whatever that means. Later on one of the Smosh guys says something to the tune that he's excited for F-Zero once Nintendo works out how it'll work with the Wii U GamePad. To that, I don't think either Miyamoto or Trinen made any comment. So it's still up in the air what they really mean. If someone knows Japanese and can catch what Miyamoto says, perhaps a second translation could offer a bit more insight than how Trinen worded it in the video.

Either way it seems the language has shifted from "not happening" to "we're considering it". As a side note, Miyamoto did say during the video that he worked on F-Zero before working on Mario Kart originally and that there are lots of realistic racing games coming out, but Nintendo is focused on bringing similar, but fun games. So I guess F-Zero is not fun enough for Miyamoto to seriously consider it at this time?

If you're an F-Zero fan (I know I am) then it strongly looks like F-Zero GX will be the last we'll ever see from Nintendo regarding that franchise. I seriously wonder why Nintendo didn't let Shin'en make a new F-Zero considering they're getting FAST Racing Neo done soon-ish.

9. WiiCube_2013

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    It's probably hard for Nintendo to top F-Zero GX considering it was such a treat but if they released a remastered HD version of it with online play that would satisfy the fans.

Miyamoto being part of Nintendo can't complain that the controllers don't have analogue triggers because they had time and they still can release a new one like "Wii U Pro Controller Plus" with analogue triggers, but they won't.

This non-existent controller would be even better than the current Wii U Pro Controller:

[​IMG]

Plus I think with the mic it could easily play as if it were a GamePad.

10. laudern

laudern GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 14, 2010
    Australia
    Queensland, Australia
    It is obviously just me that cannot stand the d-pad on the GCN. I find the d-pad hard and uncomfortable to press.

11. WiiCube_2013

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    I personally don't recall ever using the D-PAD of the GameCube but it's quite bad due to being so small.