Homebrew Minecraft DS (in 3D !)

sisyphus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Alright well I'll try to come with something up soon. It really shouldn't be long I just need to set aside thirty minutes some time to get it done. No DScraft to minecraft converter though, as I'm really not willing to look into the minecraft file format again, sorry.

No need to say sorry. Increasing my map size would be excellent. I'm sure it'll keep me going for a few more years. Ha.

dicamarques

Definitely not Bruce Wayne.
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Portugal

Wolfgange

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, Smealum: If you read this can you please post weather you slowliy working on an update, not currently doing anything, or have abandoned it. Thanks in advanced.

Reactions: 1 person

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Yeah, Smealum: If you read this can you please post weather you slowliy working on an update, not currently doing anything, or have abandoned it. Thanks in advanced.

+1 - I've been getting a few Youtube notices/comments about the progress of this....
Be nice to let them know if it has been abandoned or not (I know you have more important things to do like college - so I'm not too worried if it takes it time for a update)

Zekrom_cool

I respect faith, but doubt is what gets you an edu
Trophies
Website
compfaqz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
India
+1 - I've been getting a few Youtube notices/comments about the progress of this....
Be nice to let them know if it has been abandoned or not (I know you have more important things to do like college - so I'm not too worried if it takes it time for a update)
Well time taking is not a problem. But the game should be much better than before.

smealum

growing up sucks.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.smealum.net
XP
Country
United States
@Smealum why did you wrote "If you are reading this, you must be a geek" in so many pcx files?
Simple, I didn't. Either that's part of the pcx standard (which would be weird and quite unlikely) or usenti's creator had some fun. At any rate, it's not me.

Right now I'm not actively working on it (or at all, really) and it's been that way for some time. I don't expect to get back to it for a while, if ever. There have been some "improvements" to the engine, like an working infinite-world version (but which only works on the DSi) and some improved survival elements, but those were just one-time experiments and are in no way ready to be released.
So short answer : no, I'm not working on it, and no I don't expect to get back to it anytime soon.

Wolfgange

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sur if its opensource already, but if it isn't please do so. Also, Maybe post the sources/artifacts of the tests you did for others? Thanks.

lucasade

m1cr0man
Trophies
XP
Country
Smealum, do you think you will be working on it again before august~september? I need to know if I should renew dscrafthq.com (and actually fix it, since the host got hacked). I'm posting this early just so that you see it between now and august :P

smealum

growing up sucks.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.smealum.net
XP
Country
United States
Could you please release the DSi version with a DSTWO compatibility? (The DSTWO is more powerful than the DSi)
It's not that simple; in fact, I'm pretty sure what you're asking is pretty much impossible. For starters, I don't have a DStwo, but that's not even the main problem : as far as I know, using the DStwo's cpu/ram means completely blocking out the DS's hardware graphics acceleration, which means no access to the 3d gpu, which means no DScraft as we know it. Basically, I'd have to write a software rendering engine just for the DStwo version, and since DScraft is optimized to work on the DS and the DS alone, I'd probably have to completely rewrite DScraft to get the best performance. So no, that's not on the agenda.
(that's despite me actually being interested in writing a software rendering engine)
I'm not sur if its opensource already, but if it isn't please do so. Also, Maybe post the sources/artifacts of the tests you did for others? Thanks.
As technicmaster0 has stated, it's not opensource, yet. Unfortunately, I can't release the sources right now for reasons I don't really want to get into. But I'm not sure what good releasing the sources right now would do. I don't know anyone who'd be willing to take over the project, (at least no one with the necessary knowledge) and I'd hate to see people try to learn from it because right now it's a huge mess.
Smealum, do you think you will be working on it again before august~september? I need to know if I should renew dscrafthq.com (and actually fix it, since the host got hacked). I'm posting this early just so that you see it between now and august :P
I honestly don't know, sorry. So if I were you, I wouldn't renew it.

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It's not that simple; in fact, I'm pretty sure what you're asking is pretty much impossible. For starters, I don't have a DStwo, but that's not even the main problem : as far as I know, using the DStwo's cpu/ram means completely blocking out the DS's hardware graphics acceleration, which means no access to the 3d gpu, which means no DScraft as we know it. Basically, I'd have to write a software rendering engine just for the DStwo version, and since DScraft is optimized to work on the DS and the DS alone, I'd probably have to completely rewrite DScraft to get the best performance. So no, that's not on the agenda.
(that's despite me actually being interested in writing a software rendering engine)
I don't think that the ievo has a future. TC doesn't update the kernel and bigN fixed the exploid it's based on. Every new DSi owner and everyone who wants to visit the shop must upgrade the system ( or gets a upgraded one) so that the ievo doesn't work any more. And there are only about 200 people world wide that can use the sudokuhax. Without the ievo we are not able to access the DSi RAM and we can't use the function when it's released.

smealum

growing up sucks.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.smealum.net
XP
Country
United States
I don't think that the ievo has a future. TC doesn't update the kernel and bigN fixed the exploid it's based on. Every new DSi owner and everyone who wants to visit the shop must upgrade the system ( or gets a upgraded one) so that the ievo doesn't work any more. And there are only about 200 people world wide that can use the sudokuhax. Without the ievo we are not able to access the DSi RAM and we can't use the function when it's released.
I'm well aware of the limitations. I never said I'd pursue the development of a DSi version. But none of this changes the fact that a DStwo version is out of the question.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: what's up woke boy