Homebrew Minecraft DS (in 3D !)

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Well the truth is that mobs really are the hard part of making a survival mode, so "just" adding creepers wouldn't be as trivial as you make it sound.
That's a shame - so no chance of having a 'redstone edition' version of this...
I would've loved having a 'portable redstone editor' so I could (try &) make redstone contraptions on the move (just can't get my head around those redstone editors that do things in 'layers')

Right now I really don't have time to work on DScraft at all and it doesn't look like I will any time soon, if ever. Not to mention the fact that if I ever did return to working on DScraft, it would probably be preferable for me to fix all the bugs/crashes before moving on to something like adding mobs/survival.
If you do get back to this - then I agree.... bug fixes are more important to me then extra features...
What's so bad is having spent time making sculptures/buildings - to have it crash at just the wrong time

sisyphus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey Smealum.

Still waiting for the increase map size script. Pretty please. :)

And my advice for frequent crashing is: save save save. And since I stripped out all of the torches, I've found my map is much more stable.

NeoSupaMario

GBATemp's Official Stegosaurus
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Smealum,
I only know beginning coding and to me it seems that there would be a way to at least make "creeper blocks" that are stationary, don't move and are randomly placed on the environment. It would be better than nothing in my opinion. Heh... Walking through a cave when all the sudden "ssssSsssss BOOM!" and the screen flashes red.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Smealum,
I only know beginning coding and to me it seems that there would be a way to at least make "creeper blocks" that are stationary, don't move and are randomly placed on the environment. It would be better than nothing in my opinion. Heh... Walking through a cave when all the sudden "ssssSsssss BOOM!" and the screen flashes red.
Well - with all the Guru messages people get - it ALREADY flashes RED :lol:

NeoSupaMario

GBATemp's Official Stegosaurus
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Smealum,
Well - with all the Guru messages people get - it ALREADY flashes RED :lol:
Lol didnt think of that. Then how's about the screen flashes white?

Luigionos

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.letsplay-minecraft.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Here´s a little proposal:

You can do bugfixes, ok... But it won´t be so difficult to add new blocks, eh? So, maybe you should add more blocks from minecraft in DS-Craft, it would be more great than creepers (because we could build MORE things). And another little message: I´m working on a remake of the MISA-Texturepack for DS-Craft. I´ll tell you, if they´re finished.

Luigionos

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yahoo!

Good news: The texturepacks are finished:

-Misa DS: One of my favourite texturepacks in Minecraft. The 16x16 DS version of the texturepack is as good as the 64x64 version on the computer. I like it so much!
-Ovos Rustic: OK, I don´t like this texturepack. It´s so grey and sooooo boring... But a lot of people like it. So, yeah... It´s OK
-Summer Fields: It´s my number one, it´s the best texturepack ever! It looks so friendly and the colors are so powerfull. The sun is shining in this pack ;) .

I didn´t test them so far. So, if there are some glitches ( :moogle: like this) please tell it!!! I´ll fix them!!! I´ll post the downloadlink later, because the upload needs sooooooo long.
So, be happy and play DS-Craft :)

Luigionos

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Gambia, The
OK, the upload for the first two texturepacks (Ovo & Misa) is done :yay: ! But i´m sure: There are some glitches in the water an the torches are very (ehm...) ugly. So, there will be an update this week. It would be great, if you tell me the gltiches, because my Nintendo DS isn´t here currently. But don´t complain... ;) . If you use this URLs here, you´ll get on a website. Please wait a few seconds and the download will start. So... I hope you like it.

Download:
http://dl.medowar.de/games/dscraft/Misa%20DS.zip
http://dl.medowar.de/games/dscraft/Ovos%20Rustic%20DS.zip

dicamarques

Definitely not Bruce Wayne.
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Portugal
OK, the upload for the first two texturepacks (Ovo & Misa) is done ;) . If you use this URLs here, you´ll get on a website. Please wait a few seconds and the download will start. So... I hope you like it.

Download:

Nice, but 2 suggestion and 1 question:
Add some screenshots, and upload to mediafire if possible.

And the question: Can i add it to the wiki? (http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/DScraft)

Luigionos

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Gambia, The
OK, the upload for the first two texturepacks (Ovo & Misa) is done :yay: ! But i´m sure: There are some glitches in the water an the torches are very (ehm...) ugly. So, there will be an update this week. It would be great, if you tell me the gltiches, because my Nintendo DS isn´t here currently. But don´t complain... ;) . If you use this URLs here, you´ll get on a website. Please wait a few seconds and the download will start. So... I hope you like it.

Download:

Nice, but 2 suggestion and 1 question:
Add some screenshots, and upload to mediafire if possible.

And the question: Can i add it to the wiki?
It would be great if you put it on the wiki, but please replace the packs if there´s an update (because these packs are only beta stuff). Because i don´t like the water and torches... Screenshots are impossible, because my NIntendo DS isn´t here because i forgot it at my friend, and he lives far away :( . So, in a few weeks. And I won´t upload them to mediafire, because i want to use my one webspace. ;)

dicamarques

Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Portugal
It would be great if you put it on the wiki, but please replace the packs if there´s an update. Because i don´t like the water and torches... Screenshots are impossible, because my NIntendo DS isn´t here because i forgot it at my friend, and he lives far away :( . So, in a few weeks. And won´t upload them to mediafire, because i want to use my one webspace.

Its not mine its from here gbatemp :P, http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/DScraft
About the screen shots, i think you can use desmume to read saves and texture packs (not sure)

Luigionos

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It would be great if you put it on the wiki, but please replace the packs if there´s an update. Because i don´t like the water and torches... Screenshots are impossible, because my NIntendo DS isn´t here because i forgot it at my friend, and he lives far away :( . So, in a few weeks. And won´t upload them to mediafire, because i want to use my one webspace.

About the screen shots, i think you can use desmume to read saves and texture packs (not sure)
Sorry, it didn´t work. But maybe YOU can give me some screenshoots (because I want to see how it lokes like in DS-Craft). My special e-Mail for stuff like that: [email protected] But please don´t show the screenshots here, i want to see them before. I don´t want to disgrace me, if the packs are ugly. ;)

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The

Sorry, it didn´t work. But maybe YOU can give me some screenshoots (because I want to see how it lokes like in DS-Craft). My special e-Mail for stuff like that: [email protected] But please don´t show the screenshots here, i want to see them before. I don´t want to disgrace me, if the packs are ugly. ;)
It can't work. You must press select at the game after you have load the packs. After you have pressed select, you'll have the screenshots at the screens folder. The emulator doesn't like FAT and Nitro well and he can't load texture packs :(. I can't test them at the moment because I can't use my DS at the moment (long story...)

Luigionos

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Gambia, The
OK,

I tested the texturepacks in minecraft now, there were only small glitches. Now I´ve updated them. So, maybe tomorrow you can download a new version of my packs. Maybe I´ll do more textures witchadd bricks ore sandstone or bookshelfs or stuff like that instat of ... yes... wool :) .

dicamarques

Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Portugal
OK,

I tested the texturepacks in minecraft now, there were only small glitches. Now I´ve updated them. So, maybe tomorrow you can download a new version of my packs. Maybe I´ll do more textures witchadd bricks ore sandstone or bookshelfs or stuff like that instat of ... yes... wool :) .
you only need to do for the blocks that dscraft supports.

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
OK,

He wants to replace the unnessecary wool with blocks like sandstone or bookshelfes.

@Luigionos I think that the top of the wool and the sandblock would be wrong beause you can't add the top texture.

Luigionos

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Gambia, The
OK,

He wants to replace the unnessecary wool with blocks like sandstone or bookshelfes.

@Luigionos I think that the top of the wool and the sandblock would be wrong beause you can't add the top texture.
I know, but... yes... I can´t do it like in Minecraft. So: SMEALUM, PLEASE CAN YOU ADD BOOKSHELFS, SANDSTONE, STONEBRICKS, BRICKS AND LEAVES (I WANT PLANTS IN MY HOUSE) :lol: . It would be so great. This can´t be so buggy and I think it´s easyer to add new blocks than adding creepers, eh? :yaynds:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    jdhello
    @SylverReZ that guy seriously spent over 2 grand on that hot wheels pc?
    +1
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    LTT is a noob
    Guy doesnt know wtf hes talking about half the time
    @SylverReZ that reminds me that my friend sells CRTs he gets cheap or free for hundreds of dollars. people are dumb
    +1
    And is incredibly annoying.
    man I just washed my shoes and they look exactly the same as before I washed them :|
    luckily they didn't fall apart
    Some CRTs are very much worth the price
    i used to go out to the recycling center every couple weeks and look at the crts and other electronics people would drop off. Usually screens were broken or severely scratched from being tossed around. Did find a good one here and there, but never anything like a 1080i widescreen crt.
    Or a good contition 40" Sony Trini that weighs 300 lbs. lol
    Literally 300 lbs. lolol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have a few of those boat anchors in my basement I tried giving away but no one wanted them, So anyone close to Columbus, Ohio area that wants them, (26", 2x 19") please come get, for free.
    Dont know anyone wants those smaller ones. Most are after larger sizes and the kinda top of the line models
    Motion handling and input lag on those things destroy plasmas, led, oled
    I had some really nice CRTs I should've kept
    now I have all lcd
    one in particular I regret getting rid of oh well :|
    the Sonys and stuff I don't care about
    and used LCD are hard to sell I can imagine.. not worth much
    @SylverReZ where do u lurk
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    Is it piracy if it was released for free? Not in my opinion, but I also think it's not piracy if buying it isn't owning it, and it's not piracy if you can't buy it from the original creators anymore.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Free release can have loopholes where they still make money through ads
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Free release can have loopholes where they still make money through ads