Homebrew Minecraft DS (in 3D !)

sisyphus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey Smealum,

Hope you had a nice Easter. Don't listen to the whiners. This game is excellent even if you don't work on it again. Did you get a chance to write the map size increase script yet? No rush. Just making sure that my request doesn't get forgotten. Thanks.

Luigionos

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.letsplay-minecraft.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It´s a pity you´re not interested in the game at the moment :( (OK, there are some more important things than DS-Craft, but I play it every day, if i can...). I like DS-Craft better than Minecraft, because it´s portable. There is the Minecraft-Pocket Edition, but the control-shemes are terrible and i don´t like Ipods or Iphones :P . If there would be a survival DS-Craft, it would be a highlight! But you needn´t hurry, i´m young and I can wait... So... WHY you´re no longer interested in DS-Craft?

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
It´s a pity you´re not interested in the game at the moment :( ........... I like DS-Craft better than Minecraft, because it´s portable. ........ If there would be a survival DS-Craft, it would be a highlight! .. So... WHY you´re no longer interested in DS-Craft?
College/University - perhaps ????
I'm pretty sure smealum did mention that quite a while back....

It's been a while since I was in college & things have changed, but I'm sure now-a-days most college work involves long periods of 'project work' that can take up a lot of time... He's most probably too tied up on these to spend much time developing DSCraft any further...

I could also guess that he can't release it as open source as perhaps there's some code library or other used in DSCraft that's not 'opensource' & he needs permission to include it (or something along that line)

Personally I can wait (although sorting out those GURU errors people get would be a bonus) ... but wouldn't mind a 'redstone' version of DSCraft - great way to create/test 'redstone circuits' while on-the-move ;) :lol:

Luigionos

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello everybody,

in my last post I sayed: "I play DS-Craft every day". OK, until now... :( My micro-SD cart is broken! I´ve got a backup from my DS-Craft worlds, but I need some help with installing the game again, because my friend made it for me. I use R4 Wood v1.46. When I go in the mainfolder of R4 wood there is another folder: rpg an some other files. Where I have to put the DS-Craft files?
Please answer,

a day without DS-Craft is a sad day... ;) No, i´m not addicted in DS-Craft, but without DS-Craft it´s borring...

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello everybody,

in my last post I sayed: "I play DS-Craft every day". OK, until now... :( My micro-SD cart is broken! I´ve got a backup from my DS-Craft worlds, but I need some help with installing the game again, because my friend made it for me. I use R4 Wood v1.46. When I go in the mainfolder of R4 wood there is another folder: rpg an some other files. Where I have to put the DS-Craft files?
Please answer,

a day without DS-Craft is a sad day... ;) No, i´m not addicted in DS-Craft, but without DS-Craft it´s borring...
You got a PM from me.

Janthran

Solarian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Personally I can wait (although sorting out those GURU errors people get would be a bonus) ... but wouldn't mind a 'redstone' version of DSCraft - great way to create/test 'redstone circuits' while on-the-move ;) :lol:

Those errors are a bit rare to me.
Go to the edge of the map and break or place a block.

ThatGuy25

Flutternaut Recon.
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: 1 person

Janthran

Solarian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Those errors are a bit rare to me.
Go to the edge of the map and break or place a block.
Not really. I built a base once underground in the corner of the world.
On the very edge? I get a consistent error doing that.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Can someone tell me how to get rid of water ? I accidentally put water on a building and I don't know how to get rid of it.
You remove water by filling it in with a block... it'll take a while especially if the water has spread quite a way, or is a deep 'pool', since you have to do EVERY block of water, unlike in Minecraft where IF you fill in the 'source' water block the rest just runs away

(I found this out when I did my 'Bedrock' map - that was a pain !!!!)

TheDan2430

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Can someone tell me how to get rid of water ? I accidentally put water on a building and I don't know how to get rid of it.
You remove water by filling it in with a block... it'll take a while especially if the water has spread quite a way, or is a deep 'pool', since you have to do EVERY block of water, unlike in Minecraft where IF you fill in the 'source' water block the rest just runs away

(I found this out when I did my 'Bedrock' map - that was a pain !!!!)
o.k. Thanks I got rid of the water.

Luigionos

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Wow, good news!!! (please read this, smealum :) )

Last week I met Tim Ostermann. He´s a composer and he likes Minecraft. I told him about DS-Craft and two days later he sent me two songs: "Hi Luigionos, sorry it took so long, but i´m sooo fascinated in DS-Craft, I made this two songs for the survival version. I hope, smealum likes it and put them into the game, I´ll send you some more songs next week". Cool, eh? I hope, smealum, you´ll put this songs in DS-Craft. I´ll upload them if they´re complete. and I´ll say you, when the songs are ready. Oh, wait... the songs are MP3 files, I hope you can use them. If not, I would convert them.

Oh, and... yeah... Maybe it´s another motivation for you, smealum, to go on with survival :yaynds:

Reactions: 1 person

dicamarques

Definitely not Bruce Wayne.
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Portugal

Last week I met Tim Ostermann. He´s a composer and he likes Minecraft. I told him about DS-Craft and two days later he sent me two songs: "Hi Luigionos, sorry it took so long, but i´m sooo fascinated in DS-Craft, I made this two songs for the survival version. I hope, smealum likes it and put them into the game, I´ll send you some more songs next week". Cool, eh? I hope, smealum, you´ll put this songs in DS-Craft. I´ll upload them if they´re complete. and I´ll say you, when the songs are ready. Oh, wait... the songs are MP3 files, I hope you can use them. If not, I would convert them.

Oh, and... yeah... Maybe it´s another motivation for you, smealum, to go on with survival :yaynds:
Cant wait to listen them :D

Luigionos

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Gambia, The
new information: Now the names for the songs are sure,

the first song: sunny day - nice night --> happy and fast song with pep
the second song: mysterious cave --> very mysterious sound

This song and the other song are very epic piano songs.

smealum

growing up sucks.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.smealum.net
XP
Country
United States

I'm glad that you're this enthusiastic about DScraft, but I'd rather not have people work on anything for the survival version as there's a good chance it won't ever see the light of day; I don't want people working for nothing, so I hope you made it clear to that person that his work might never be used. :unsure:
To make matters worse, if I ever were to add music to DScraft it would probably be module based music (tracker music), ie music in .mod, .it or .xm format. This might seem like a trivial detail but it really isn't, as you can't just convert any kind of music file to a module format, it has to be made from the ground up with a tracker and it's all a very different process. There's no way I could get an mp3 file to play in the background, or even a simple raw file as I'm already straining the cart's IO with my map streaming and I don't have anywhere near enough RAM available to store the whole thing there.
So basically, I appreciate the effort but I'd rather you didn't get people working for (maybe) nothing, especially if they don't have all the necessary information to get the job done.

NeoSupaMario

GBATemp's Official Stegosaurus
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Smealum,
I gotta say I love this game. I just have to ask one thing: even if you don't make a survival mode, are you planning on adding nighttime/cave creepers? All I think this game needs are creepers. I will never ask for another update. I'll be too busy fighting off the little green suicide bombers and listening for the "sssssSSSSSssssssSSSS"
:)
I hope I'm not like repeating any questions... I'm sorry in advance if I do.

smealum

growing up sucks.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.smealum.net
XP
Country
United States
Smealum,
I gotta say I love this game. I just have to ask one thing: even if you don't make a survival mode, are you planning on adding nighttime/cave creepers? All I think this game needs are creepers. I will never ask for another update. I'll be too busy fighting off the little green suicide bombers and listening for the "sssssSSSSSssssssSSSS"
:)
I hope I'm not like repeating any questions... I'm sorry in advance if I do.
Well the truth is that mobs really are the hard part of making a survival mode, so "just" adding creepers wouldn't be as trivial as you make it sound.
Right now I really don't have time to work on DScraft at all and it doesn't look like I will any time soon, if ever. Not to mention the fact that if I ever did return to working on DScraft, it would probably be preferable for me to fix all the bugs/crashes before moving on to something like adding mobs/survival.

Now i´m so sad... musi would be so great in the game :( it´s a pity!!! Is there no way to put it into the game? Maybe in the creeper version (good idea "NeoSupaMario")? And is there no wy to convert it?
I never said putting music in would be impossible; far from it actually. All I said is that it absolutely has to be tracker music, and it has to be light. And unfortunately, no, it is not possible to convert just any music file to the mod format (read the article for more information).
And at any rate I'd rather you didn't go off commissioning things for the game without at least asking first; I doubt the musician you contacted will be very happy when they hear that their work was in vain.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: +1