Mind sharing hashes of disc images?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by CosmoCortney, Dec 10, 2016.

1. CosmoCortney
    OP

CosmoCortney The Hacker Furry

Apr 18, 2013
    Germany
    on the cool side of the pillow
    If sharing hashes of games is against any rule (which I doubt), please delete this thread.

Hello,
    I'd like to help gamehacking.org getting proper Wii U support to their cheat code database.
    They like to give information about the game images just like as sha1-, crc32- and md5 hashes.
    The Title ID (00050000-XXXXXXXX), serial (XXXXXX) and Product key (WUP-X-XXXX) are also required.
    It'd also be nice if you compare your hashes with the documented ones in order to find possibly incorrect hashes.

source: http://gamehacking.org/vb/threads/15121-Any-plans-of-adding-Wii-U-support-to-the-database

wudump generates all hashes when dumping a disc image. So it'd be awesome if you could share some of them :)
    Only provide hashes of .wud images. Hashes of parts, compressed, trimmed or .wux files are useless. There might be different versions of the same game, like Minecraft with and without the Super Mario Mashup. These will have different hashes, so we'd need both. Same when a disc was produced again later and has a different system update or game update on it (Nintendo Selects).

EUR hashes
    USA hashes
    JPN hashes

Here's the hash thread over gamehacking.org: http://gamehacking.org/vb/threads/15803-Wii-U-game-disc-hashes.

Thanks to Fix94, CosmoCortney for providing hashes

Last edited by CosmoCortney, Dec 23, 2016
  2. gamecaptor

gamecaptor R.I.P. Densetsu. Legends never die!

GBAtemp Patron
    gamecaptor is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 22, 2004
    United States
    Hyrule most of the time
    Question, where do you get the Title ID from?

That said I just started dumping all of my Wii U stuff....it's going to take a while. I can help you out when I'm done.

PokeAcer and CosmoCortney like this.
  3. CosmoCortney
    OP

Apr 18, 2013
    Germany
    Thank you in advance :)
    You can find the title ID here

gamecaptor likes this.
  4. Boogieboo6

Boogieboo6 @realDonaldTrump

Jul 30, 2015
    United States
    Can games obtained through the Brazilian Method be used? Or is this purely disc based games?

5. CosmoCortney
    OP

Apr 18, 2013
    Germany
    only disc based (.wud images). There is yet no way to dump images of games on NAND. However, games installed through the Brazilian method won't work anyways since they have an edited title.tik which would cause the hashes to differ from the actual image

6. gamecaptor

gamecaptor R.I.P. Densetsu. Legends never die!

GBAtemp Patron
    gamecaptor is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 22, 2004
    United States
    Hyrule most of the time
    Ah, right, that site. I was thinking there was a way to get that info from the Disc or WUD. I'll be in touch when I'm done.

7. Locutus

Locutus Member

Newcomer
    Dec 15, 2016
    Canada
    CosmoCortney, thanks for sharing hashes. Question, that title database link you posted, it list's all USA games as WUP N xxxx, but all my disc are WUP P xxxx. Game disc, case and the dumped wud opened in a hex editor list a WUP-P-xxxx. Example is The Legend Of Zelda - The Wind Waker HD [USA]. My hashes match yours but my case & disc list WUP-P-xxx. When I open dumped wud in hex editor it lists WUP-P-BCZE-00-310USA-0 at top.

8. Maschell

Maschell GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 14, 2008
    Gambia, The
    Nope, the ticket is exactly the same

9. CosmoCortney
    OP

Apr 18, 2013
    Germany
    This is odd. all american discs have WUP-N-XXX, all europeans have WUP-P-XXX.

I thought you have to edit one byte inside the .tik in order to install them

10. Maschell

Maschell GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 14, 2008
    Gambia, The
    The first version of DiscU decrypted the ticket with a wrong IV. So you have to fix them when you still have old tickets (before we even had a wudumper).
    Tickets dumped with wuserver/ftpiuu everywhere were totally fine all the time

CosmoCortney likes this.
  11. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    System Config Tool shows all titles on the console/usb as both name and titleid, so at least all games that save are covered :)

12. jupitersj

jupitersj Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 10, 2016
    United States
    All of my USA WiiU discs state WUP-P also.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

20161222_175148.jpg

CosmoCortney likes this.
  13. CosmoCortney
    OP

Apr 18, 2013
    Germany
    interesting. I have ordered the American release of WWHD to have a look myself

14. jupitersj

Newcomer
    Oct 10, 2016
    United States
    I checked Wind Waker, MK8, Nintendo Land, SSB, 3D World, Bayonetta/2, and Splatoon. All USA versions, all WUP-P

15. CosmoCortney
    OP

Apr 18, 2013
    Germany
    I see. On the title database some Product keys contains WUP-N or WUP-E (Nintendo Land for instance)

16. jupitersj

Newcomer
    Oct 10, 2016
    United States
    Yeah I'm not sure why, do eshop titles have a product key also? My wiiu side isn't hacked so I don't have any eshop or free games; just on vwii side.

All the games I checked were my personal disc collection.

17. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    On 3DS, "P" is physical games (and digital versions of them, which came later) while "N" is eshop exclusives, if a digital-only game were to be released as physical it would probably keep the same product code (which would likely never happen due to how N titles are updated)

Madridi likes this.
  18. FIX94

FIX94 Global Moderator

Global Moderator
    Dec 3, 2009
    Germany
    ???
    I totally forgot to reply to this thread when you first made it but oh well.
    I can confirm the hashes for The Legend Of Zelda - The Wind Waker HD [EUR] to be indeed correct, also here is another EUR disc hash.

CosmoCortney likes this.
  19. Oxybelis

Oxybelis GBAtemp Fan

Jan 10, 2010
    I have different CRC for Mario Kart 8 [EUR] WUP-P-AMKP. Matches scene release though.
    Code:
    CRC32: 29ECDA7B
    MD5: 720F7DDD3BB5DDCBD550C8A601DE93A3
    SHA1: 803EC5DC95D65E27EA1C644CF9D05AFA5B07C126
    Splatoon is the same.

Last edited by Oxybelis, Jan 20, 2017
  20. Whovian NineThreeSixNine

Whovian NineThreeSixNine Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 3, 2016
    United States
    What scene releases are you comparing to? The info source that I would use isn't finding any results for files that have a CRC32 of 29ECDA7B