Might and Magic Heroes III HD remaster announced

Naridar

Excelsior!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Yesterday, Ubisoft announced that it would re-release the classic 1999 game Heroes of Might and Magic III in HD, with redrawn graphics and support for Steam multiplayer. It'll launch on January 29th 2015 for Windows, iOS and Android (tablets).

http://might-and-magic.ubi.com/universe/en-GB/games/all-games/might-and-magic-heroes-3-hd/index.aspx

So, what do you think? HoMM3 was the first big game I've played and right now I can't stop drooling :lol: I just hope Ubisoft won't mess it up.

Also, Might and Magic Heroes 7 is coming in 2015 as well.

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This is actually the ONLY game I've played for years over and over again without getting bored !
If this will be "cheap" I might buy it AGAIN .... (I think I already have two originals at home XD)

Still why the hell did they start calling those games Might and Magic Heroes ... sounds so stupid.
The Original Title " Heroes of Might and Magic " sounds way better

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If they give me better resolution options i'll buy it for that alone. I love me some HoMM3 but it can be a real pain in the ass sometimes.
Probably one of my favorite PC games though, so i'm likely to throw money at it anyway. Maybe that'll show Ubi that fans want HoMM 7 to be more like an expanded and improved HoMM3.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Still a 2 with expansions packs kind of guy but nice to see this sort of thing.

Wonder if they will allow play by email or some kind of similar functionality.

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If they give me better resolution options i'll buy it for that alone. I love me some HoMM3 but it can be a real pain in the ass sometimes.
Probably one of my favorite PC games though, so i'm likely to throw money at it anyway. Maybe that'll show Ubi that fans want HoMM 7 to be more like an expanded and improved HoMM3.
The thing is, we can do this ourselves. If the game uses a dx renderer, GeDoSaTo supports arbitrary resolutions, and if not, nvidia (and finally AMD) support arbitrary native resolutions as well.

Then, grab a copy of sweetfx to do the sharpening and other postfx effects. And you've just succeeded at what Ubisoft is trying to sell you. It's not going to be 1:1, but really, Ubisoft's changes here look like a set of photoshop filters.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The thing is, we can do this ourselves. If the game uses a dx renderer, GeDoSaTo supports arbitrary resolutions, and if not, nvidia (and finally AMD) support arbitrary native resolutions as well.

Then, grab a copy of sweetfx to do the sharpening and other postfx effects. And you've just succeeded at what Ubisoft is trying to sell you. It's not going to be 1:1, but really, Ubisoft's changes here look like a set of photoshop filters.

Sounds like a pain in the ass. I'd rather just have an updated version of the game for modern PCs.
Improved multiplayer is also very, very welcome.
Lastly the graphics are least important, but an update to them without changing the actual design is great, some crappy pain in the ass 'fix' isn't worth the effort, and i'm sure wouldn't actually do much of anything. From all the screens i've seen so far, the game is looking good, and authentic.

Pricepoint is obviously key, but i'd imagine they'd at least be intelligent enough to realize their target audience has likely already bought the original+expansions. I'm not too worried on that front.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1