Microsoft plans to add "Copilot" key to Windows 11 keyboards

Trophies
XP
1705208007012.png

Image from: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...ard-new-key-is-msft-s-biggest-change-in-years
[No, I'm not copying the article. I can't read it]

Microsoft has come out with a statement saying they're adding a Microsoft Copilot key to new keyboards, landing on the keys usually used as the second alt, or the Menu button. This adds to the Windows button on the keyboard, that there is usually 1 or 2 of.

From what I know you can reprogram the key to do something, but I don't know what.

This adds to Microsoft's AI service, Copilot, which they believe is one of the biggest things they've made, even over Windows.
Copilot is also available on Bing, and on the Windows 11 taskbar.

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Exactly!

To be honest they should've kept Cortana.
I never used Cortana to be honest. So I don't know what we are comparing here. But it's strange... Cortana suddenly never existed.
I guess it's more to compete with ChatGPT or other "sophisticated" AI of some kind.

Reactions: AkiraKurusu

console

Elvira fans ❤ :-) I'm rocking Windows 7 for 10 yrs
Trophies
Website
www.startpage.com
XP
Country
United States
I really hate Copilot add to Windows is useless to us. Same like Cortana before remember? I wish Microsoft need to stop that.

Why not we and people need to protest against Microsoft company for add lousy add on Windows to have more bloat unwanted extra software? Microsoft company need to stop that!

Never mess with old school of Windows. I prefer old school on Windows without AI, Copilot, Cortana, etc.

rcpd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Copilot key? I barely gotten the Windows key on my keyboard!
I don't, because I bought a MacBook Pro and run Windows as a virtual machine. Not having it is actually more useful because now I cannot press it to open the Start menu, I have to do it by hand and I hate it. My laptop isn't going to have a "Copilot" key either.
Oh well. I'm at the point that I barely use WIndows.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Microsoft keeps on adding more bundled shit to their OS that nobody asked for.
Good thing I'm now a Linux user.
M$ is intentionally making users who want a clean experience to transition to Linux and to use Windows programs, emulate them.

M$ said Windows 10 was the last Windows OS and then clarified it wasn't, but for me it probably will be.

LNLenost

The Console Bricker
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
HELL NAH

Bing Chat really sucks, it just surfs the internet and then pastes random things.

When It was released I asked her how to mod a 3DS, and it said i had to turn off sending usage data to Nintendo. That's it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol