Hacking Micro SD stuck in Acekard 2i

CrappleSauce

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried searching for a similar topic but couldn't find one. I just put my micro SD in the Acekard for the first time. I assumed that it would be spring loaded, but it's not. Now, I cannot get the SD card out of the Acekard. Any suggestions?

kvnc75

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was it hard to get in also? I recently bought one from realhotstuff and i couldn't even get the sd in! The sd holder was badly misaligned to far too one side.When i contacted rhs about it,they told me basically "NO WAY,THEY ARE ALL TESTED BEFORE BEING SHIPPED." They wanted me to pay shipping then "they would evaluate" (basically calling me a liar). So i just did what i had to do and carved a big chunk out of the top so i could get the card in and out easily.

If i were you i would look closely to see if the sd holder is misaligned as mine was and if it is return it,or get out the pocket knife and start carving to fix shoddy manufacturing defects.

Cheers!

CrappleSauce

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got it out. I had to wedge a thin piece of plastic between the SD and the Acekard and then wedge in tweezers to pull it out

@kvnc75, Mine looks like it might be just slightly misaligned, but it went in without a problem.

Oh, and mine also came from RealHotStuff.

Can someone show me a picture of an Acekard 2i with the sd in it or tell me how to put it in? I'd like to make sure I'm doing it right and not trying to put it in too far pr something. Should the sd card stick out from the Acekard or should it be flush with the top of the acekard?

TheDarkSeed

I'm a pretentious sack of shit
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's funny, Mine shoots 4 feet into the air when My nail slips from the micro SD...
unsure.gif
unsure.gif

kvnc75

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How ironic! They are all tested remember
rofl.gif
Anyway,Im glad you got it out.Yours didn't seem to be near as bad as mine (there was NO WAY that sd was goin in mine without major tweaking). So what are you planning on doing with it if i may ask? I hope you at least let them know because their "testing" just aint cuttin it! I have a feeling when they "test" they pop it in a dsi without an sd to see if the icon is showing. Anyway whatever you decide i hope rhs realizes this is not an isolated incident and starts checking the ak2i's better!

Cheers!
yaynds.gif

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
TheDarkSeed said:
That's funny, Mine shoots 4 feet into the air when My nail slips from the micro SD...
unsure.gif
unsure.gif
Mine does the same thing >.< I nearly lost my microSD cards countless times because of it

QUOTE(CrappleSauce @ May 13 2011, 06:05 PM) I tried searching for a similar topic but couldn't find one. I just put my micro SD in the Acekard for the first time. I assumed that it would be spring loaded, but it's not. Now, I cannot get the SD card out of the Acekard. Any suggestions?
You can't pull it out like an R4?

CrappleSauce

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to e-mail them about it, but i'm sure I'll get the same response you did. I'm waiting for a response about how to put it in before I try again. I could just be being dumb and inserting it wrong. Is it supposed to be spring loaded?

I'm pretty sure that I didn't put it in backwards, but that is why I was asking for a picture or some kind of instruction.

CrappleSauce

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks Rydian. Yeah, I tried pushing it in further, but it looks like it's not spring loaded. I had it in correctly, but it didn't want to come out. I guess I'll just keep some tweezers in my ds case.

kvnc75

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dang,I guess my springs were crapped out from the get go! Maybe some of that awesome manufacturing! Anyway i have sworn off ak. No more for me,I buy cyclo and dstwo now.I guess ya get what ya pay for!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So negative