keine

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Metroid Zero Mission. With the latest GBA files and game_config.txt placed in the NDSGBA folder....the emulation seems somewhat slow. Is this just how the game ran originally? I want to play this game, but want to make sure I'm playing it correctly. oh, and this relates to DSTWO Gba emulation.

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A Gay Little Catboy said:
Downgrade your GBA emulator to this one and keep the game_config.txt
The latest GBA emulator is crap, it doesn't work with the game_config.txt and didn't fix anything
oh, i missed that, and ur link is just the whole page, with 1.30 on the top

you need to download v1.21 (near the bottom of the page)

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Terminator02 said:
oh, i missed that, and ur link is just the whole page, with 1.30 on the top

you need to download v1.21 (near the bottom of the page)
Thanks for pointing it out
happy.gif
I changed the link!

keine

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Will Zero Mission emulate pretty much near 100% speed? and accurate? with 1.21 and game_config.txt? Maybe someone played it originally on the GBA? Thx for pointing out 1.21. I had read that somewhere but lost it.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
keine said:
Will Zero Mission emulate pretty much near 100% speed? and accurate? with 1.21 and game_config.txt? Maybe someone played it originally on the GBA?
Qua?
It plays fine for me using 1.21 with the latest game_config.txt and I am using a class2 SanDisk MicroSD card

Sir_Voe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a bit jumpy for me, as in the frame skip is more noticable than most games, but I'm pretty sure that's just the limitations of the emulator.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Sir_Voe said:
It's a bit jumpy for me, as in the frame skip is more noticable than most games, but I'm pretty sure that's just the limitations of the emulator.
Set the CPU higher.
Quite possibly it could be your card, back up your card and reformat with this
Make sure it's set to
Full Format (Flash Erase On) + Format Size Adjustment

keine

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Changed to 1.21 keeping game_config.txt. Reformatted card.

Movement still seems a little slow. I remembered fusion being pretty liquid...oh well. Setting CPU from 2 to 4, does nothing.

Kitanode

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I completed zero mission using the emulator v1.21 and i thought it played pretty good.

It was fast and everything worked ok, the only thing i didn't like so much was the sound quality so i had to keep the volume down but i think all the games suffer in that department until a fix comes out.

Anyway, both the metroid GBA games have good maps available for them which you can load onto your SCDS2 and view them while playing your game.

pm me if you need them

keine

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There is no entry for Metroid Zero Mission in the latest game_config.txt Thus I don't know if any benefit happens from having it.

However, I played Fusion on the original GBA, so I know what movement is supposed to feel like.

In 1.21, If I put frame skip to 0 and bump CPU to 4, Samus's movement becomes more silky smooth like I remember in Fusion. I don't know if its perfect, but its definitely closer. I think raising the CPU to 4 also helps with the audio a bit.

keine

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Got out my EZFlash 4 and put it on there. Silky smooth compared to the atrocity that is the GBA emu on the DSTWO. *NOONE* should subject themselves to playing it with the DSTWO emu.....its bad.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Well - until the Supercard team (are allowed) release the source code for the GBA Emulator, we won't get any 'improvements' by 3rd party developers like BassAceGold & Co

Unfortunately - IIRC I read somewhere that the original developer (can't remember who it was) won't let the Supercard team release the code, so unless some1 comes up with a totally different GBA emulator - we're stuffed

Melter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how fast is the DSTwo built in CPU? Is it possible to have perfect or near perfect emulation on the DSTwo's CPU like in the VBA emulator on a PC? In otherwords is the limitation in the current GBA Emulator not being optimized or in the CPU itself?

Also would it technically be possible to use the DS's CPU to emulate GBA games if the firmware is hacked? I'm fairly sure the 3DS CPU can emulate GBA games without breaking a sweat.

D

Deleted-236924

keine said:
Got out my EZFlash 4 and put it on there. Silky smooth compared to the atrocity that is the GBA emu on the DSTWO. *NOONE* should subject themselves to playing it with the DSTWO emu.....its bad.
No.
I'm playing it on NDSGBA and it works just fine.

keine

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I believe it depends on the user. I am personally not happy how it is emulated. I find frame skip to utterly destroy the silky smooth nature of the GBA Metroid games.

Sure it emualates 100%, but the motion and slight sound irregularities destroy it for me.
I'm sure if you played the original on GBA you'd see what I'm talking about.

D

Deleted-236924

I actually have played it on an original cart.
I finished it, too.

I can safely say NDSGBA does a good job with this game.

keine

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Unless I'm doing something incredibly wrong....I would have to disagree with you. My previous opinion holds firm. Using 1.21 with game_config.txt with a Kingston 4gB mem card formatted with the Pioneer app. Tried CPU 4 as well. Just can't compare.

Sir_Voe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
keine said:
Unless I'm doing something incredibly wrong....I would have to disagree with you. My previous opinion holds firm. Using 1.21 with game_config.txt with a Kingston 4gB mem card formatted with the Pioneer app. Tried CPU 4 as well. Just can't compare.

I experienced the same as you. While I personally found it enjoyable it definitely wasn't playing anywhere near 100% of the normal framerate.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up