Hacking Metroid Prime Trilogy - Update? (for playing from disc!)

Kaaji1359

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. Due to Metroid Prime Trilogy not playing well on the USB Loader, I've decided to just play via the main retail disc. Unfortunately it asks for a system update (from what I've read, it's 4.1). Now I've searched and searched and I keep on getting conflicting results: "You can update, all it does is update your weather/news channels" and "NO DON'T UPDATE, YOUR WII WILL BE UNHACKED AFTERWARDS".

So can someone please give me a definitive answer: If I have a 4.0 hacked Wii using USB Loader GX with cIOS36 Rev10 and I want to play Metroid Prime Trilogy VIA THE RETAIL DISC, is it OK to do the system update that the disc gives me?

Thanks guys

Serris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kaaji1359 said:
Hello. Due to Metroid Prime Trilogy not playing well on the USB Loader, I've decided to just play via the main retail disc. Unfortunately it asks for a system update (from what I've read, it's 4.1). Now I've searched and searched and I keep on getting conflicting results: "You can update, all it does is update your weather/news channels" and "NO DON'T UPDATE, YOUR WII WILL BE UNHACKED AFTERWARDS".

So can someone please give me a definitive answer: If I have a 4.0 hacked Wii using USB Loader GX with cIOS36 Rev10 and I want to play Metroid Prime Trilogy VIA THE RETAIL DISC, is it OK to do the system update that the disc gives me?

Yes. I was in the same boat as you and updated without issue.

Gullwing

homo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just use Gecko OS or Neogamma to bypass the update... I think that using Preloader is going to trouble you much... You can always update via Wanikoko's 4.1 Updater... Which actually updates you Wii but with an unharmful way (which is pretty complicated)... You are a noob in the Wii modding scene, right???

ChrisRX

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Generally speaking, never update from game discs because you don't know what they do specifically. Just run startpatch to disable updating from the disc and as long as you have the proper IOS installed then it should run fine.

Kaaji1359

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Again, getting conflicting answers
smile.gif

I'm semi-noob Gullwing. I've heard of Wanikoko's 4.1 update, but I've also heard that it will still want to update via the disc due to it not reading your cIOS (or something like that). Honestly I'd rather do the update though...

What exactly is Neogamma? And assuming that I do run the update (and potentially have to re-hack my Wii), will rev 10 run MPT?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Spring is in the air. +1