Hacking Metroid Prime Trilogy Bug

JC-Gamer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am playing MPT using USB Loader GX with a FAT32 harddrive. When I defeated Dark Samus for the first time in Metroid Prime 2 (the time after you battle the Jump Guardian in Dark Agon Wastes and come back to the light world) my Wiimote stopped working as soon as the cutscene finished (it still said it was set to player 1 but no buttons would work and it wasn't detecting the sensor bar either). I tried resyncing and it wouldn't resync. This has happened multiple times and it's in the exact same spot.

I'm also getting serious graphical and audio glitches at the start of Metroid Prime 3. I kept on falling through floors and at one point the audio stopped and I got a really loud ripping noise that could've damaged my speakers.

Would this be a bug with MPT being loaded from USB (like the automatic veteran difficulty problem) or did I just get a bad rip of the game?

I'm just worried if it is a bad rip because I'm using the OneUp rip of the game so, many others would have my problem (which wouldn't explain how I haven't seen anything about it online considering it has been out for months now....) It could also be the FAT32 format and the fact that the game is separated into .wbfs pieces but I'm not entirely sure how that could cause the bug I'm describing.

Any ideas?

JC-Gamer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
dudeonline said:
Metroid Prime Trilogy does not work in usb loaders. period.

Obviously it does work on usb loaders if I've gotten 10% through one of the games with no problems. The reason people say MPT "doesn't work" is because you need to select the alt.dol to choose which game to play and can't play it like it originally was meant to be played while on USB loaders. Technically, it DOES work aside from automatically being on veteran difficulty and not being able to access the multiplayer. period.

dudeonline said:
Search next time. its been discussed a lot.

The reason I posted is because nowhere has it mentioned the bugs I've listed. So I was simply asking a question to determine whether I have a bad rip or not so that for when MPT DOES work my game won't **** up in the middle of a play-through. There are so many people like you that post generic comments like this without actually reading the post or knowing what they're talking about, it's really starting to piss me off. period.

QUOTE(daxtsu @ Jun 6 2010, 06:49 PM)
^lolwat? It's supposed to work fine with alt dols. Could it be a bad image of the game?

That's what I posted to find out. At least one person at GBAtemp other than me has to have played through MPT and gotten as far as me. All I need is one person to say that they've played through with no errors and I'll know that I have a bad rip of the game or that I am using the wrong settings.

Helsionium

Alpha and Omega
Trophies
Website
www.helsionium.eu
XP
Country
Austria
I've had the very same problem as you, and I re-ripped it myself many times, and MP3 still does not work flawlessly. Never had a problem with MP2, though.
Some time ago, when I was still playing MPT, I figured out that MP3 actually works every other time: On the first try, there always were the glitches you describe, but if I reset and immediately tried again, it would work. This is not pure coincidence, because I remember that I relied on this to play through MP3 three times. But maybe that was just a peculiarity of the cIOS at that time, probably Waninkoko's rev9.

paulmikeybarker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Which cIOS are you using?
Mine runs fine on 222
And yes it does work from HDD
I dumped from my original using the alt .dol method via USBloaderGX

KennyLeam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I started MPT-MP2 last night (I had a GC save from awhile ago about 40%) and it was working fine with alt dol. Before starting MPT, cfg usb loader gave me a warning that MPT doesn'twork well unless you se CIOS v18 or above (I was on 14)

JC-Gamer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Great, thanks for all of the replies. I'll try downloading a different copy (or maybe buying) to see if that's the problem!!!

andres145

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
hi

me too, everytime I come to the part where I need to fight the pirates in agon wastes in metroid prime 2 echoes the wii remote stops working and I can't move samus at all and shoot at the enemies, what can I do to fix this problem?

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
7 year old thread, man...

Rip the game with CleanRip and let it verify the rip. Use a USB loader/cIOS that has a setting to block IOS reloading.

andres145

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I use cfg usb loader and it does have a setting to block ios reloading, but every time I get past agon wastes and there's a cutscene of pirates showing up the wii remote stops working. why?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
your issue has nothing to do with the IOS reloading option.

is it an official nintendo wiimote? try an official one (also an official nunchuk)
is it a wiimote or a wiimote+? try a wiimote without motion + integrated.
which cIOS do you have? if it's older than v8, try to update.
which IOS base are you using? try 56 or 57.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
7 year old thread, man...

Rip the game with CleanRip and let it verify the rip. Use a USB loader/cIOS that has a setting to block IOS reloading.

I never had much luck using that program, it would always fail 90% of the way through with a "drive motor has stopped" error, USB Loader GX has a decent Wii/GCN game rip though.

andres145

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
yes, but doesn't cfg usb loader need cios 249 to work. I know it has nothing to do with ios reloading but I find it strange where I get to the part where I need to fight the space pirates in agon wastes and there's a cutscene before that the wii remote stops responding to motion and I can't even shoot the damn enemies and yes the wii remote and nunchuck that I have are both official from nintendo and has motion plus. somebody help me.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
maybe the issue is the motion plus. don't you have any other wiimote without motion plus?

usbloaders need the IOS in slot 249 (or another slot, can be 250 or anything else), but the slot itself is not important.
what's important is what's installed inside that slot.
you could have a slot249 with an old version of the IOS, or using a wrong "IOS base" and devices can have issues.

if you don't know which version you have, you can run syscheck (in my signature) to get a report of your current console's status.

andres145

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
ok but I don't have a wii remote without motion plus. how can I install cios 249 because I just reload it using multi mod manager.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
before wanting to install it, you should check if you NEED to install it.
maybe you already have the needed version and you don't need to edit your console. (no need to fix or explain and write a tutorial if it's useless)

tswntk

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
like GreyWolf said, the first thing you should do is to re-rip the game and verify the rip.
Don't waste time on "risky" routes while the safer route isn't being tried first.
And like Cyan said, don't install cios that you may not need, post a syscheck log first after you are certain your rip is good. See Cyan's signature for a syscheck tutorial.

I am playing MP2 now and have been in and our of Argon waste (light and dark) multiple times without any issue. acquired light and dark beam and going to hunt for the dark suit.
Yes, the game may freeze in rare occasions but nothing that can't be fixed by unplugging the Wii for a minute and reboot ( that might be due to my Wii getting old - bought in 2008)

PS. I am using a 3rd party Wii-mote with motion+ built-in too, no issue but yes some games won't run with motion+ but not this one.

Reactions: Cyan

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +3
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    how do i know? you're a guy, and he wants to bone every guy on this site (maybe, idk)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He wants to bone anything with a dick
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7iLZ35NrQt/?igsh=MWd2Z3U0dmNlMmNxcw==