Gaming Metroid Prime Pinbal

streetbrawler123

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So I just finished Metroid Prime pinbal and I got to say this is the crapies metroid game ou.
Nintendo why did u made this crapy game LOL

mechagouki

Kill 'em all...
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's not really a Metroid game, it's a pinball game with a Metroid theme. I actually thought it was excellent, got it way back in 2006 with the Rumble Pak and played nothing else until I beat it.

The physics of the game are very good, and the difficulty is pitched just about right.

But if you buy it expecting a traditional Metroid game (not sure how you would make that mistake), and you don't like pinball, then you might well be disappointed.

Reactions: Raylight

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I thought Mario Pinball was quite the pinball shoehorn... It didn't take advantage of the GBA's 3D capabilities, and the Mario theme just didn't fit what they were trying for.

Everything about the game just felt awkward, and forced. At least in Metroid Prime, Samus turns into a ball. Same with Sonic (Sonic Spinball). Kirby is already ball-shaped (Kirby's Pinball Land). And Pokemon Pinball uses a Pokeball. Those games all make sense to have a pinball game, but Mario Pinball just... didn't need to happen.

You may also like...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • M4x1mumReZ @ M4x1mumReZ:
    I'm happily more confident to do it myself without a kit.
    +1
  • K3N1 @ K3N1:
    And If you get a part that might be defective you'd need to wait longer and spend more
    +1
    Unless there are additions that need to be done.
    +1
    @K3N1,
    You're right.
    +1
  • K3N1 @ K3N1:
    Why it's better to buy directly from reputable sources
    +2
    Yes, and not from some shitty Chinese store.
    +1
    They are many repetable component stores to name such as RS Components.
    +1
    But then there's added tax to the mix.
    +1
    Makes them more expensive. :(
  • K3N1 @ K3N1:
    Rumors going around about USB4
    It has been discussed for quite a long time now.
    +1
  • K3N1 @ K3N1:
    It's about time for the upgrade
    +1
    I'm fine with everything USB wise.
    +1
  • Shape @ Shape:
    USB is fine, but shouldn't it be replaced with bulky, hard to use cables and all sorts of proprietary male-female connector port shapes?
    +1
  • Shape @ Shape:
    It's so frustrating to have one simple cable that you can plug in upside down for everything!!!
    +1
  • K3N1 @ K3N1:
    USB4 can do up to 40gbps I'd welcome it
    +1
  • K3N1 @ K3N1:
    From a Linus video it's essentially just a type c with an advanced chip
    +1
  • Shape @ Shape:
    40Gbps is just going to result in even more more lazy developers writing sub-optimal, lazy code.
    +2
  • K3N1 @ K3N1:
    How? That transfer speed is insane
    +1
  • K3N1 @ K3N1:
    That's like saying fast transfers is going to be the downfall of gaming
    +2
  • K3N1 @ K3N1:
    Then when devs that actually do take their time makes people cry over them taking their time and having to wait even longer
    +2
  • Shape @ Shape:
    Very astute observations, but you failed to take into account people like me who prefer devs to take their time despite longer waits and really, really dislike the suboptimal approaches many studios are taking with game development in this day and age. Catering to the customers with impatient impulses for instant-gratification is a super-profitable business strategy in the short term, sure, but it is an untenable business strategy in the longer term simply because you cannot guarantee you can produce a quality game in that timespan repeatedly. Therefore, you will have to abuse your workforce or partake in other inethical practices in order to compete in the marketplace and remain profitable.
    +1
  • K3N1 @ K3N1:
    Not really a fail the general public just doesn't know how to wait I don't see what faster transfer speeds have to do with that
    +2
  • K3N1 @ K3N1:
    That's why GTA games are so great because they have that 5-10 year wait and most new sports games are updated roasters they can't really do much improvement with them because not much their is to improve but on the other hand you get a new cod game every year and it makes millions per year so why stop the cash flow of people are dumb enough to buy every new game peryear
    K3N1 @ K3N1: That's why GTA games are so great because they have that 5-10 year wait and most new sports...