1. Silent_Gunner

OP Silent_Gunner Crazy Cool Cyclops
    Banned

United States
    https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2...n_need_of_a_lead_producer_for_metroid_prime_4

After months of no communication Nintendo brings a host of exciting updates on Metroid Prime 4ever: it's in need of a lead producer! What's that? A trailer? Pffh. Who needs those? Who is Nintendo? A bunch of normies?

In all seriousness though, with it being the fourth "official" game in the Prime sub-series of Metroid games, I think calling it Metroid Prime 4ever at this point is appropriate given that's all this update contains. It really makes one wonder, with it initially being developed by Bamco, and now Retro Studios is either assisting, overseeing, or just straight up developing the game, how far along is this game? Considering that this game's existence was teased 4 years ago, and we haven't even got a screenshot of it, it's strange to see a game go through so much tumult like BOTW did, and it had a showing 5 years ahead of it being purchasable by customers. I know, they had to tease Wii U owners to get them hopeful for that game, but here, when even Duke Nukem Forever already had two trailers in the same period of that we're aware of that Metroid Prime 4 has been worked on, it really makes one wonder how substandard the previous pitches of the game were, and all of the drama going on behind the scenes with the MP4 having to get another lead producer at this point in development.

Last edited by Silent_Gunner, Aug 16, 2020
    Stealphie and TheCasualties like this.
  2. TheCasualties

TheCasualties Just trying to be helpful

Netherlands
    Well.. at least it has a decent chance of being good. If/when it ever releases. Hopefully they find a lead producer that actually played the other Prime games and won't screw this up.

I bought a Switch because of that Metroid tease. This hurts.

3. Memoir

Memoir Hi, I'm Cynical!

United States
    Oh my. I hope this doesn't turn into a "developmental hell" type of game.

Stealphie likes this.
  4. Deleted User

Deleted User Newbie

At this rate it won't even be on the Switch. At best one of those games that will be on the Switch at the end of it's life, and also a launch title for Switch 2 or whatever the next Nintendo console is.

StrayGuitarist and Silent_Gunner like this.
  5. Silent_Gunner

Banned

United States
    That's what I've been saying with everything that's been happening with this game!

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Or, another entry in this very muscular best friend's series that I've been authorized to link to:

6. Ibcap

Ibcap GBAtemp Fan

United States
    To be clear they are looking for *a* lead producer. Theres multiple lead producers on the project, this isnt like theyre replacing the development team. I do wish theyd give a bit of an update but they probably dont want to show off footage if they arent sure it will please fans because of how (understandably) badly the trailer for federation force was received.

7. TheCasualties

Netherlands
    Yeah, after thinking about it, lots of games have several 'lead producer's. So this probably (or hopefully) just means they are trying to keep development going while they are working from home.

Still stand by my "I hope they played the trilogy at least" comment, but realizing games go through many lead producers, this seems like business as usual.

Fingers crossed for a 2022 or earlier release! ^_^

StrayGuitarist likes this.
  8. Stealphie

Stealphie GBAtemp's Favorite Hat Kid

Brazil
    It will be in development hell for a while.

9. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

Norway
    The fact they are asking for a lead producer now makes me think the game is not as far along as we might have expected. Might be a while longer until we see any gameplay, possibly more than a year, possibly 2 years.

Silent_Gunner and Stealphie like this.
  10. Kwyjor

Kwyjor GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
    Are you serious?! Are you talking about the tease that wasn't even pre-rendered gameplay footage, but a freakin' logo? That convinced you to spend hundreds of dollars on a new console? After the likes of Mother M and Federation Force!?

I am baffled. Completely.

11. TheCasualties

Netherlands
    Hahah well, it wasn't that cut & dry. That was a good factor though.

I actually bought a Switch while playing BOTW with cemu. I wanted a portable gaming system that was an upgrade from my long lost PSP mainly.

During the months leading up to finally buying a used one off Ebay, I kept thinking about Metroid.. and after all that build up in my mind I decided to get one. It certainly wasn't the logo that convinced me, but my love of the Metroid series. I figured I'd buy it now and then be happy whenever MP4 came out.

I don't regret it at all. Got it in time to have a hackable switch. So I'm groovy, baby.

Last edited by TheCasualties, Aug 16, 2020
    Silent_Gunner and Stealphie like this.
  12. Silent_Gunner

Banned

United States
    I don't think it's that hard to make a game trailer that can be hype-inducing unless if Samus isn't the main character again.

A part of me wonders if they're gonna try and do things the previous Prime games didn't like having the Speed Booster and have the Space Jump and Screw Attack work better than they did in all of these games. I think, as long as they don't make it a bunch of chibi versions of everything, they shouldn't have to worry about fucking this up!

13. Pokemon_Tea_Sea_Jee

Pokemon_Tea_Sea_Jee GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
  14. Silent_Gunner

Banned

United States
    What about Miyamoto? He isn't directly involved AFAIK. He's probably managing heaven knows how many projects atm.

15. StrayGuitarist

StrayGuitarist A genuine feline disaster.

United States
    I suspect this game's gonna go through at least one more delay before being pushed to being one of those end-of-life games for the Switch and a launch title for the next console, like BotW or Twilight Princess was. If the game comes out at all.

Personally, I've never been a big Metroid gal, but I know people have wanted this game for a long time, so it's kinda disappointing to see it happen. But, hey, if it does come out, I have hopes that it'll be worth the wait.

TheCasualties and Silent_Gunner like this.
  16. bluetifae

bluetifae Newbie
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    I wonder if Nintendo plan to make a Switch port of the original trilogy, given how long ago they were released.

As someone who's never played MP, I'd want that before thinking of buying MP4 when/if ever it comes out.

Silent_Gunner likes this.
  17. Deleted User

Deleted User Newbie

If you have a computer that can emulate Dolphin I would check them out. They are fantastic.

Silent_Gunner and bluetifae like this.
  18. TheCasualties

Netherlands
    If they finally release the trilogy on switch with motion controls, I would buy it for every person I know that has a switch (1 person actually, lol, and I'm banned so they don't want my money??) If it happens, It'll probably be 3-6 months before the planned MP4 release.

Playing it thru dolphin with a wiimote and IR bar is for sure the best way to experience the series. The tank controls of GC version is not ideal.

If you have the opportunity @bluetifae, play the series!

Last edited by TheCasualties, Aug 17, 2020
    bluetifae likes this.
  19. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Australia
    incoming switch pro launch title

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Producer, Metroid, Prime