Metroid Prime 4 gets new trailer, releases next year

After all the waiting, Metroid Prime 4 has finally gotten a new trailer. A two-minute teaser shows off some long-awaited gameplay, and the visuals. The game also now has an official subtitle, and is now called Metroid Prime 4: Beyond. A full release date hasn't been confirmed, but Nintendo has locked the game in for a 2025 release.

LightBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
What's crazy is I meant the original Metroid Prime release on Gamecube, but then Remastered got very high scores too because it's just a bad ass all time great game.
Yeah, replaying through it basically confirmed the gameplay didn't age at all. And there aren't many games that could say the same, it's no surprise that MP4 doesn't seem to change that much in that regard

urbanman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure Nintendo intended to release this game towards the last stretch of life of the Switch since their plan is to garner sells from both the current Switch as well as the Switch's successor, making it a cross generation title just like TLoZ: BotW.

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Worst thing I could say is it looks like the Metroid Prime 1 remaster and that was great minus no real new content but still good.
Was really hoping Prime two and three would appear this year in the mean time to complete the set but maybe we'll get that next year after Prime 4 hits.
Would have been good this year while everyone is waiting though.
Do wish the NDS and 3DS Prime could be packaged together too, just want a complete set.

Hopefully it doesn't suffer from Duke Nukem Forever hype over selling it but it looks on par with Doom Eternal so gotta give it some praise here.
Hopefully it doesn't get canceled last minute.

LightBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm pretty sure Nintendo intended to release this game towards the last stretch of life of the Switch since their plan is to garner sells from both the current Switch as well as the Switch's successor, making it a cross generation title just like TLoZ: BotW.
Yeah, and it's probably going to be a pretty good showcase of the power difference between the 2 consoles, could be much better than TP and BoTW were in their respective gens.

Reactions: urbanman2004

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The wait has been very very awfully long, but I am still very happy.
I have been waiting and waiting, I had lost hope already... but it looks good.
Damn, I really bought the switch hoping they announced a new Metroid Prime.
And they did... they did play with my feelings after that 2017 teaser.
For 7 whole damn years... the wait has been long.

I hope the next console is backwards compatibility and you could still play the "Switch 2 enhanced title" using the Switch game card... But oh well, I will probably get it twice.

gohan123

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Fucking looks like shit....take a popular platform error and turn it into a damn first person shooter. Of course metroid hasn't been great since it turned 1st person shooter.
tell me you didn't ever played metroid prime without telling me. the focus of prime is still heavenly on exploration. the combat and boss battles are more like a 3d zelda in first person than a shooter, because you can target everything with a button and never really have to aim. and there is still plently of platforming but still i wouldn't mind if they decided to add a third person mode.

Reactions: Jayinem
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks amazing, just like the ones before it. Glad to see gameplay rather than a simple CGI/cutscene only trailer, especially with how long we’ve been waiting. What a way to end an already good Direct.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
1718752983188.jpeg

Now let's hope they didn't optimize it to run at a decent frame rate only on Switch 2.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
exited and all, but if what was shown is the final product hope they delay it a bit more. :wtf:
I don't know what kind of miracle you were expecting, but the game still has to run on Switch even if it launches simultaneously on Switch 2. Considering that, resolution and frame rate look a hell of a lot better than something like TotK.

Lumpofcoal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
While I'm glad that we are finally seeing the end of the road, I'm a little surprise that it isn't going to release this year. I thought that the games revealed during direct would all be releasing this year....wasn't that what they said in the notice?
Post automatically merged:

Am I the only one who thinks there is zero chance this game actually releases in 2025?

Unless something goes horribly wrong, it should release during that year. Preferably before the reveal of the ninty console to avoid attention being taken away from the game. If they reveal after it, it could affect sales as some folks may wait for the new console to be out first so as to get a better playing experience, assuming it is backwards compatible.

Reactions: mitcha

Larsenv

Dr. Wii, Ph.D
Trophies
Website
larsenv.xyz
XP
Country
United States
everyone rn

this is gonna be a cross launch with switch 2
this is gonna be a cross launch with switch 2