Metroid Prime 4 gets new trailer, releases next year

After all the waiting, Metroid Prime 4 has finally gotten a new trailer. A two-minute teaser shows off some long-awaited gameplay, and the visuals. The game also now has an official subtitle, and is now called Metroid Prime 4: Beyond. A full release date hasn't been confirmed, but Nintendo has locked the game in for a 2025 release.

MaxiBash

Your Local Random Internet Geek
Trophies
Website
trashbandatcootofficial.cardd.co
XP
Country
Netherlands
Was thinking it'd be strange that we hadn't heard anything from this since when... 2020?

I see it'll be used as a sale's excuse for the last Switch's cycle.

That and of course, Prime 2 abd 3 Renastered, or the "Collectors Edition" of 1, 2, 3 and 4 in one game.

Nice to see positive news about Metroid, wish they did the same with F-Zero and Star Fox.
1718728317769.png

2019 even. This is the first time we're hearing anything post-covid.

Reactions: Kioku

CoolMe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I. Don't. Believe. It.
For sure a cross gen title, just hope it doesn’t get delayed like what happened to TOTK from the start.
Hmmm.. Nintendo usually never do cross gen releases, with the exception of Twilight Princess (can't think of any others), so not totally sure it'd be the case here but it's certainly not impossible.

djnate27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was thinking it'd be strange that we hadn't heard anything from this since when... 2020?

I see it'll be used as a sale's excuse for the last Switch's cycle.

That and of course, Prime 2 abd 3 Renastered, or the "Collectors Edition" of 1, 2, 3 and 4 in one game.

Nice to see positive news about Metroid, wish they did the same with F-Zero and Star Fox.
They might as well use it as a sales excuse...since it would've already been out on the Switch a long time ago if the devs hadn't screwed up - causing them to have to start over from scratch.

Jayinem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I assume it will get a Switch 2 release and that's okay but please also put it on the first Switch. Can't screw us over after 7 years of waiting for this game.

I have no desire to buy a Switch 2 anytime soon if ever.

Jayinem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I. Don't. Believe. It.

Hmmm.. Nintendo usually never do cross gen releases, with the exception of Twilight Princess (can't think of any others), so not totally sure it'd be the case here but it's certainly not impossible.

You forgot BOTW.
Post automatically merged:

Wow, we've waited 20 years for this 💩 are you seriously kidding me? Looks so washed out and outdated, like it's a HD remaster of 1st game or something. Wow Nintendo, you seriously take us for idiots.
1. It's not the final product
2. Metroid games don't exist to give someone a graphics boner, they exist because some of the best gameplay there is

Last edited by Jayinem,
Reactions: CoolMe and SimisFul

DuoForce

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know Switch fanboys will still think this is an OG Switch game. Yeah, no, too big of a title to be released on a dated console.

Unless Nintendo does two versions like they did for BotW.

Hey Pal, Did you just blow in from stupid town?

Yeah, the direct where they specifically stated there would be no Switch 2 info is gonna announce a Switch 2 exclusive game

Reactions: LightBeam

Sir Tortoise

Trophies
XP
Country
There's a very high chance the game is largely heavily optimized rooms again, and as such will probably run pretty well considering 2gb of vram is generally enough for games that don't need to keep an entire world map close at hand.

So I wouldn't be too shocked if it's actually hitting 60fps more often than not thanks to heavy use of render barriers and gratuitous scene changes via seamless door load screens.
Okay but the console came out in the past. That means they're not allowed to make big games for it anymore.

/s

wartutor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fucking looks like shit....take a popular platform error and turn it into a damn first person shooter. Of course metroid hasn't been great since it turned 1st person shooter.

• Haha

Jayinem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fucking looks like shit....take a popular platform error and turn it into a damn first person shooter. Of course metroid hasn't been great since it turned 1st person shooter.

You're entitled to your opinion about how this looks, but saying none of the Metroid Prime games have been great is a clown take. Metroid Prime 1 average review score was like 9.6 one of the highest average review scores of all time.

ghjfdtg

Trophies
XP
Country
The few people who are complaining don't seem to get that this is not the finished game. This is an early preview.

I hope they don't mess this one up.

Jayinem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They did a 3d platformer Metroid just a few years ago (Metroid Dread) and have done several, but people bitching about Metroid going FPS just dumb. To me these are the best first person games ever made. I'd rather play Metroid Prime than Halo anytime, with the only exception being that Halo 3's online multiplayer was great but as far as the single player story mode, it's not even close.

LightBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Looks absolutely incredible tbh
I think we can see some aliasing and stuff, but ofc the YouTube compression could also be misleading (and also the fact that MAYBE it's not running on the Switch. I think some ToTK trailers did that as well, that's why DigitalFoundry theorized that the game was running on some kind of Switch Pro model back then)

I thought it couldn't be more beautiful and more open than Prime Remastered. So far the last shot doesn't show a very large zone, so I guess we'll have to wait to see if there really are some zones that are « remiding of Halo Infinite » (according to the previous rumors)

I'm just so fucking pumped for this. I yelled so hard when Dread and Prime Remastered were shown, for this I was just stunned.

Also 2025 to me = crossgen release. Some people are saying launch title ... ? We hope so

Prime Remastered being one of the greatest games in history, but hey you're free to dislike it. Sometimes there's stuff that isn't made for us and that's absolutely fine

Reactions: Jayinem

Jayinem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks absolutely incredible tbh
I think we can see some aliasing and stuff, but ofc the YouTube compression could also be misleading (and also the fact that MAYBE it's not running on the Switch. I think some ToTK trailers did that as well, that's why DigitalFoundry theorized that the game was running on some kind of Switch Pro model back then)

I thought it couldn't be more beautiful and more open than Prime Remastered. So far the last shot doesn't show a very large zone, so I guess we'll have to wait to see if there really are some zones that are « remiding of Halo Infinite » (according to the previous rumors)

I'm just so fucking pumped for this. I yelled so hard when Dread and Prime Remastered were shown, for this I was just stunned.

Also 2025 to me = crossgen release. Some people are saying launch title ... ? We hope so

Prime Remastered being one of the greatest games in history, but hey you're free to dislike it. Sometimes there's stuff that isn't made for us and that's absolutely fine

What's crazy is I meant the original Metroid Prime release on Gamecube, but then Remastered got very high scores too because it's just a bad ass all time great game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    M @ Mootthew: cheese