Hacking Metroid Other M update - help me!

startrekismylife

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, i've been stuck on a part of Metroid: Other M for quite a while...and it turns out that because i have updates disables -- and this game requires an update -- i don't have super missiles to get past this door and i can't go backwards, so i'm completely stuck. Apparently, in the update, they changed this door from a Super Missile door to a Normal Missile door.

If i do the included update, it will probably screw up my soft mod, right? I followed this guide to a T when i modded my system: (removed, contains torrents)

Not only that, there probably isn't even a way for me to do the update because i'm running from USB?

Or, is there a different ISO of this game that doesn't have this problem?

Any help would be appreciated! XD

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
never heard of updates to wii games
only system stuff is updated

plus I did get super missiles and I did not update

sure you arent a fud troll?

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
There's no update for the game, and they definitely didn't change a super-missile door in a normal one.
You're simply stuck in the game
tongue.gif

Is there a Hologram Generator in the room?

Naydog101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just barely got my softmod wii to play Metroid Other M, so sadly I havn't come across this yet and hope I don't, How would you guess that the update changes how the door acts? I didn't know Wii was capable of Game firmware updates? Don't think it can, think the game is the way it is and you gotta find a path or another way. Probably just a good puzzle.

startrekismylife

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you look at this picture from IGN.com's walkthrough:

http://guidesmedia.ign.com/guides/14354733...otherm_0188.jpg

The game i'm playing requires a super missile there. I cannot go forward, i cannot go backwards. I'm completely f'd in the a.

Are you running the game from a disc or from USB? If it is USB, which torrent did you get?

By the way, i was talking about the required system update that comes on the disc. (i read on other sites that it makes you install a system update, but i have updates disabled).

Another theory is that they released a fake torrent that would make people want to kill themselves trying to find out how to proceed in the game...a punishment for downloading games, perhaps?

The torrent i downloaded is [Wii]Metroid_Other_M[NTSC][MULTi3][******.com] (as obtained by isohunt.com -- the full version as accessed through a proxy site, not that lite bs they switched to).

Edit: They might make the game check which os version you are running and if it isn't the right one, it loads an alternate level. Don't know if that's possible though.

Edit 2: There is no hologram generator in the room. It is the room with an elevator shaft, where you kill spikey things and then climb the black & yellow striped bars to the top. The missile door there is a super missile door in my game. If you still don't believe me, maybe i'll take a picture of it tomorrow and upload it -- i'm really tired right now because it is 4am here lmao

Naydog101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My torrent was [Wii]Metroid_Other_M[NTSC][MULTi3][******.com] with the rar file names ws_mom_ntsc_m3. As for ******* how do you get to the full site? I miss it!

startrekismylife

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i just realized that the web pages i listed might have been censored lol

in case you didn't see it, i was referring to ****** "dot" com -- and i get to it by going to proxy-service "dot" de
then type in the website you want to go to. there are tons of these proxy sites, but most of them still dont work right with *******.

Edit: And yes, i have the same filenames for my torrent, all the way up to r71

luminalace

Trophies
XP
Country
Mate I didnt do the update and I passed that bit! There are two things to shoot...the first one makes the roof cave in a little then you travel back down into a ledge and shoot the other thing. Both should be only normal missile shots though I too remember seeing that one of the things required a super missile but it must have been a glitch!

I am running it through USB loader GX as well but got my copy off the original which I bought!

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
wtf why was my post empty?

startrekismylife said:
If you look at this picture from IGN.com's walkthrough:

http://guidesmedia.ign.com/guides/14354733...otherm_0188.jpg

If you still don't believe me, maybe i'll take a picture of it tomorrow and upload it -- i'm really tired right now because it is 4am here lmao

Please do
one of the map too
It would help to prove that you are
- shooting are the right things
- not a troll

startrekismylife

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, the answer that i've been looking for this whole time -- i had to figure it out myself.

If you stand on the ledge or on the ground and look around for something to blow up, you can only see the SUPER MISSILE target. You have to go all the way to the top on the left side and go into first person view to target the NORMAL MISSILE target. I guess i'm just an idiot for not thinking of this while i was dead tired last night lol

Sorry for the confusion, i was just stuck and ign's walkthrough didn't help me out there because it just said "target with missile" or something vague like that haha

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: DAYTONAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!