Metroid Other M undub spanish subs

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I made this version and I would like you to test it, and anyone who can contribute something to improve it would be greatly appreciated.
From what I saw, the subtitle languages are hidden in the Japanese iso, but some things I didn't know how to change
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/7c9nd3m9fkjb0/Metroid+Other+M

What exactly did you do for this?
Undubbed the game to Japanese audio? Or did you also modify the subtitles in any capacity?

Reactions: Xdqwerty

Amuro-san

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
What exactly did you do for this?
Undubbed the game to Japanese audio? Or did you also modify the subtitles in any capacity?
Inside the Japanese iso there is already the structure of the files there (in all the languages it was published in) what I did was change the English subtitles to the Spanish one and the home button instead of the Japanese version, there in the main screen in the game ( no editing, really playing) it has a voice option, in which I put it in Japanese and subtitles in English (which ends up staying in the language I switched to) I would find it interesting to have a hack that changed it so that I could enable the other languages, but like no one else I did this, I'm sharing what I did here, there is another method, but I have problems with the videos, since I don't know how to change the audio, it turns out that the Japanese language is hidden inside the PAL iso (including the videos)

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Inside the Japanese iso there is already the structure of the files there (in all the languages it was published in) what I did was change the English subtitles to the Spanish one and the home button instead of the Japanese version, there in the main screen in the game ( no editing, really playing) it has a voice option, in which I put it in Japanese and subtitles in English (which ends up staying in the language I switched to) I would find it interesting to have a hack that changed it so that I could enable the other languages, but like no one else I did this, I'm sharing what I did here, there is another method, but I have problems with the videos, since I don't know how to change the audio, it turns out that the Japanese language is hidden inside the PAL iso (including the videos)

Oh I see.
I was wondering if you did anything regarding subtitle editing of sorts, but from what I can catch, you switched the English subtitles with Spanish ones, right?
You didn't do anything else for subtitles?

I ask because one of the remaining things to do for my Other M project is to resync subtitles from cutscenes I have reworked, but I haven't found a way to do so yet.

Reactions: Amuro-san

Amuro-san

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Oh I see.
I was wondering if you did anything regarding subtitle editing of sorts, but from what I can catch, you switched the English subtitles with Spanish ones, right?
You didn't do anything else for subtitles?

I ask because one of the remaining things to do for my Other M project is to resync subtitles from cutscenes I have reworked, but I haven't found a way to do so yet.
nothing more, there is a file called "dialogue" in which it has subtitles in all languages, which I copied and pasted into the HxD program

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
nothing more, there is a file called "dialogue" in which it has subtitles in all languages, which I copied and pasted into the HxD program
I think you mean the message_all.dat file, iirc that's the one with the subtitles.
Sadly that one doesn't seem to have any data regarding subtitle timings or frames, so it might be in another file.

Still though, thank for the information, and best of luck with the rest of your project :)

Amuro-san

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I think you mean the message_all.dat file, iirc that's the one with the subtitles.
Sadly that one doesn't seem to have any data regarding subtitle timings or frames, so it might be in another file.

Still though, thank for the information, and best of luck with the rest of your project :)
but there it is, it doesn't need time, just replace it, what would be interesting but out of my reach are small things like translating the Japanese menu and the audio and subtitle selection screen

Amuro-san

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
update!
I made a new and "definitive" version, the ideal would be a hack that releases the languages, because the Japanese iso has all the languages included, my "hack" involves replacing the home button icon and the "file" Mesage" I replace English with Spanish
https://www.mediafire.com/file/nf1xpejx9jrxh64/Metroid_-_Other_M_%5BR3OJ01%5D.iso/file
Post automatically merged:

my replacement is in this file, just change the subtitles and that's it, the video's subtitles are included

Amuro-san

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
update!
I made a new and "definitive" version, the ideal would be a hack that releases the languages, because the Japanese iso has all the languages included, my "hack" involves replacing the home button icon and the "file" Mesage" I replace English with Spanish
https://www.mediafire.com/file/nf1xpejx9jrxh64/Metroid_-_Other_M_%5BR3OJ01%5D.iso/file

my replacement is in this file, just change the subtitles and that's it, the video's subtitles are included

I suppose it will be Spanish Latam of the NTSC game and not the Spanish version of PAL game :sleep:
no, subtitle spanish in oculte DVD Japan (It's European Spanish, but it's hidden in the Japanese ISO)

CheeseBurgerwithLove

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Watching the video I see that it is not Spanish from Spain. I see the word "oprimiendo" in the game's tutorial which indicates that it is neutral Spanish. It also refers to the Wii remote as "remote". In Spanish from Spain that term is not used in the Wii games that I know of, it always refers to "mando de Wii". It doesn't matter anyway, it's great to see an undub of this game :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto