• Replies 60

DS1

Tired
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
beegee7730 said:
Unless the English version included Japanese vocals, or there is a way to add Japanese vocals to the English version I'll be raging.

I like the English voice acting better. The Japanese VAs seem really cartoony, probably on account of them being cartoon voice actors. It feels like you're playing a corny GI Joe game instead of the semi-serious espionage/intrigue of a MGS. Of course that's after having heard the English track for the past however many years.

CrashmanX

Current project: SD Gundam G Generation Overworld
Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States
beegee7730 said:
Unless the English version included Japanese vocals, or there is a way to add Japanese vocals to the English version I'll be raging.

Why? If you want the J-Vocals you can go and get the J Version of the game. Probably isn't that hard to figure out the controls.

clegion

Trophies
Website
cfatalis.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
CrashmanX said:
beegee7730 said:

Why? If you want the J-Vocals you can go and get the J Version of the game. Probably isn't that hard to figure out the controls.
it isn't the control, it's probably the story and dialogue

thieves like us

chaos personified
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
clegion said:
CrashmanX said:
beegee7730 said:

it isn't the control, it's probably the story and dialogue
the story's dialogue voice acting is in japanese, however all of the comic book styled word balloons are in english, making the japanese version very playable. my copy from ncs should arrive tomorrow.
smile.gif

zeromac

Finally reached 1000 posts EXACTLY
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Meh theres already a decrypter out that lets you play this on all the CFWs no big deal for me, i'm waiting for the U release

Excellentnuke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zeromac said:
Meh theres already a decrypter out that lets you play this on all the CFWs no big deal for me, i'm waiting for the U release
When you say that lets you play on all CFWs, does that mean you can get to the first mission on 5.50 GEN-D3? If so, can you upload the decrypter and post it here?

zeromac

Finally reached 1000 posts EXACTLY
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Excellentnuke said:
zeromac said:
When you say that lets you play on all CFWs, does that mean you can get to the first mission on 5.50 GEN-D3? If so, can you upload the decrypter and post it here?
Just go on Psphacks.com

OuTee

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
Hey I'm just curious bout the AP on BBS how come it wasn't implemented in PW? AFAIK its still the best AP on PSP and it wasn't hacked yet. :/ Is it some sort of SE only AP and it wont be implemented in other games?

Do you think there is still a chance to play it once it goes (U)?

Sorry for offtop but I just don't get why they didn't put this AP in other games. :|

(And I hope u can understand my english
tongue.gif
)

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
OuTee said:
Hey I'm just curious bout the AP on BBS how come it wasn't implemented in PW? AFAIK its still the best AP on PSP and it wasn't hacked yet. :/ Is it some sort of SE only AP and it wont be implemented in other games?
Square-Enix & Disney don't like to share.

OuTee

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
Yeah but since everyone in the net tried to hack it, everyone knows how it works and it would be a great thing in sonys hands to "kill" the piracy. They complain bout it killing the psp so much and they do nothing about it. (not that i belive that piracy can kill any game system cause i remember PSX nad PS2 times and now i see how great DS is)

Jolan

Unlimited Bear Works
Trophies
Website
www.animecubed.com
XP
Country
I talked with a guy who usually PMs team GEN and he told me that BBS actually required 6.20 not just to start, but to actually play.
Most of the games need the latest OFW to start, right? Which is what new CFW bypasses.
But BBS doesn't just perform a check for 6.20 to start, you "need" it to play.
It's not real AP, but does the job just as fine.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DS1 said:
Thanks, I was wondering about that. I'd like to know WHY they stopped using that extremely effective method though. I don't believe they're ignorant of what pirates can and can't play with CFW.

Companies don't hold hands and share their anti-piracy methods. God Eater was a Namco game. Peace Walker is a Konami game. Why help your competitor get more by cutting their anti-piracy rates and boosting their retail rates? It makes more people choose a Namco game that they can't pirate over a game that they can just pirate.

EDIT: Silly typo
wink.gif

DS1

Tired
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
DS1 said:
Thanks, I was wondering about that. I'd like to know WHY they stopped using that extremely effective method though. I don't believe they're ignorant of what pirates can and can't play with CFW.

Companies don't hold hands and share their anti-piracy methods. God Eater was a Namco game. Peace Walker is a Konami game. Why help your competitor get more by cutting their anti-piracy rates and boosting their retail rates? It makes more people choose a Namco game that they can't pirate over a game that they can just pirate.

EDIT: Silly typo
wink.gif

Sorry, I think you misunderstood the question. When I said "they" I meant NamcoBandai, not Konami. Namco Bandai has released new games since God Eater, and they don't use the protection they used with God Eater. So why would they stop using it, if it were so effective?

Onto your point, Square Enix used this type of protection first, and then Namco used it with God Eater (or maybe vice-versa, I can't remember). I think that dismisses the idea that only one company has this method. Obviously they wouldn't share, but if two companies have done it, I would think all of them would be trying something similar (sparing the fact that some of these games might have already gone into production before they were able to add the 'AP' check).

Cermage

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DS1 said:
Sorry, I think you misunderstood the question. When I said "they" I meant NamcoBandai, not Konami. Namco Bandai has released new games since God Eater, and they don't use the protection they used with God Eater. So why would they stop using it, if it were so effective?

moola they cant be bothered spending on lower title games. God eater was namcobandai's competition to monster hunter, they'd be pretty pissed if everyone and their mothers pirated it considering how well monster hunter does in japan.

glio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Has it been completely fixed for Gen-D3 yet? Or are they not gonna bother?
If not, how does one downgrade from D3 to D2?
I thankyou for the replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Back when I was playing kakarot I looked up one little guide now all I see is dbz stuff