Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker Gameplay!

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

QUOTE said:
Gutten Tag! Hello everyone!
I am very proud to be here in Cologne to take part in the first ever Gamescom!
I thought that the GC show in Leipzig was a wonderful show, and I hope that Gamescom will be even better, more exciting European show! If this gamescom becomes a success, this is another good reason for me to come to Germany! This and the awesome sausages...oh and the beer of course!

What I want to introduce to everyone today, is Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker on the PSP. Peace Walker will be a true sequel in the MGS saga. I, Hideo Kojima will not only produce, but will also work on the game design, write the story, and direct this title.

You might ask..."Why a sequel on the PSP?" One answer to this question is in the style of how people play games these days. Games are fully portable. Everyone is on the move! You can play games by yourself, or you can have fun playing with your friends…if you have any, of course! A lot of people like to play on-line using the next Gen machines too. It seems playing games socially can be a lot of fun and add a whole new dimension to the game play.

You always carry the game with you, meaning you can fully explore the game world, play against your friends, or play Co-Op whenever and wherever you feel like it! On the train, in your car, at a cafe or even in the toilet! Music, pictures, movies, phones... everything these days is portable. People are used to carrying these things with them, and can't live without them. So I thought that I wanted people to carry along MGS too. So that you can play anytime, anywhere. And that's why I decided to create MGS on the PSP.

Peace Walker on the PSP introduces a new MGS "espionage" experience, tailored just for the hand-held machine. The new trailer that I am about to show highlights one of these features, which is CO-OP gameplay. You might think that Co-Op on the PSP sounds familiar.... like Monster Hunter, but this is not about hunting. It's about working together to maintain stealth, creating a new kind of tension that you did not feel in previous MGS titles. I am confident that you will enjoy this new feeling.

In reality, special forces never do their missions alone. They work together in teams. So, as you watch, I want you to imagine how different this feeling will be when compared to an ordinary stealth game.

News Source: Kotaku

Cablephish

Show me...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
HAHAHA!! oh my gosh, the tank boxes killed me. And the very ending as well. I'm excited for this game, gonna be so great. It looks like they're putting a lot of effort into the co-op multiplayer. There were a lot of funny things in that gameplay movie. The fact that they can revive each other just by doing chest compressions. Don't know why I find that really funny. Maybe because of the fact that it reminds me of Age of Empires 2, the villagers would pound on the ground with mallets and the building would appear. Never got bored of that.

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm *grabs duct tape*
Behold! Double Snake!
Its twice the stealth and gun power cause its twice the snake!
Hmm, didn't they do this already?

Oh well, just another MGS game I'll probably never play any time soon.
Atleast not with anyone.. who owns a PSP these days? Really.
Heh, just kidding. I know about hmm... 3 people who own one....
hmm and just about everyone has a DS.
Something tells me this co-op feature may go under used unless its online.

Also no other chars? Just snake? Its silly and all, but if their serious then its just cheap.

The co-op tethered gun fighting part looks like fun though.

testatura

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
...well I got quite addicted to metal gear few years back,it all started with acid !?,then twin snakes on GC,and on.. so I am pretty excited about this,I read a lot of comments around,and that are comments of people that dont play MG.. to spoil peace walker here goes plot.. so its that guy,doesnt remember a sh!t,then theres that military organization,and final boss is a robot,then you run away and everything blows.
its like super mario and princess..its a cliché but if you love it then its great. solid is even in smash bross
biggrin.gif

well yust mine opinion ,have a nice day!

grog.gif

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
testatura said:
...well I got quite addicted to metal gear few years back,it all started with acid !?,then twin snakes on GC,and on.. so I am pretty excited about this,I read a lot of comments around,and that are comments of people that dont play MG.. to spoil peace walker here goes plot.. so its that guy,doesnt remember a sh!t,then theres that military organization,and final boss is a robot,then you run away and everything blows.
its like super mario and princess..its a cliché but if you love it then its great. solid is even in smash bross
biggrin.gif

well yust mine opinion ,have a nice day!

grog.gif
the final boss hasnt been a robot in any of the MGS games

MGS - Liquid Snake (Pre final boss fight - Metal Gear Rex)
MGS2 - Solidus Snake (Pre final boss fight - Metal Gear Ray [lots and lots of them...])
MGS3 - The Boss (Pre final boss fight - Shagohod + Colonel Volgin)
MGS4 - Liquid Ocelot (Pre final boss fight - Screaming Mantis + Screaming Beauty)

Jaems

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The first gay MGS?!
I kid.
But man, the whole sharing a box and the box saying "Love Pack" kinda was uh...

Anyhow, this game looks like a ton of fun. I like the CPR reviving thing as opposed to other games like Gears of War where you just pick them up or something dumb like that.

The only thing that I don't like is that it's on PSP. I hated the controls for portable ops even though I know it takes getting used to. I wish they'd make this like a PS3 game, maybe as a PSN title or something.
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/T78NsMwZOA0