Gaming metal gear solid 3ds 2012 winter?

Yu-Gi-Oh 100

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok whats the point even now? if anything this will kill the game for sure especially when hd packages are coming out this year. I think i'll just go back and finish mg3 on ps2 instead, and just wait till the flash cards come out for that one.
unsure.gif

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MGS3D's hype was killed before they even announced a release date. It went from looking like it would be a great remake to just a downgraded port. The horrible framerate, downgraded textures, and lower polygon characters killed it off as soon as it was shown at E3 (and has not gotten any better since). Konami doesn't deserve money for this sort of effort, i expect this sort of shitty porting from someone like Ubisoft with their launch games, not Konami or Kojima (especially after that Naked Sample tease)...

jamesaa

The Prince of Insufficient Light
Trophies
XP
granville said:
MGS3D's hype was killed before they even announced a release date. It went from looking like it would be a great remake to just a downgraded port. The horrible framerate, downgraded textures, and lower polygon characters killed it off as soon as it was shown at E3 (and has not gotten any better since). Konami doesn't deserve money for this sort of effort, i expect this sort of shitty porting from someone like Ubisoft with their launch games, not Konami or Kojima (especially after that Naked Sample tease)...

And then the nailed the coffin shut when they announced the MGS collection on Vita. Anyone planning on owning both consoles will be foolish to buy the 3DS version
dry.gif

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jamesaa said:
granville said:

And then the nailed the coffin shut when they announced the MGS collection on Vita. Anyone planning on owning both consoles will be foolish to buy the 3DS version
dry.gif
Even if you own one it doesn't seem right(?) to buy this.

They just need to stop or give us a small remake 3d collection. (3 games would be far right?)

Watch this game sell too.
dry.gif

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, since Vita is now getting the HD collection via a port it's certain to be the superior version. Which just makes the 3DS version more useless overall. Even the PS2 version is superior. Konami really fucked up. They should have either remade a different one instead or given the 3DS its own entry in the series like PSP got with Peace Walker.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
According to some at TGS, the gameplay's framerate has no more issues but cutscenes still have it.

Still seems foolish though as you can get the HD collection.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chris888222 said:
According to NWR at TGS, the gameplay's framerate has no more issues but cutscenes still have it.

Still seems foolish though as you can get the HD collection.
I dunno what they were playing, but the game still has serious framerate problems ingame or in cutscenes. You can see them badly in this official video-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIltUC6Mng4

Still dips well into the low 20's or teens during gameplay. In cutscenes, it's even worse, single digit rate there. Absolutely terrible. It's pretty pathetic that the official trailers they've shown of the game don't run at this low rate as well, they're trying to hide it somewhat (though the trailer still shows bad textures and low poly environments). Konami should be ashamed of themselves. Maybe at least they'll take the extra time to optimize the framerate before release, but i don't see the textures getting any better. And honestly, i think they're just waiting for the analog addon and not really improving the game any.

BrightNeko

Popcorn ball
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
put it simple if it wasn't 40$ and a budget title then it would totally be worth it. Unless they have some major surprise not revealed yet or some other silly amazing thing. Also isn't the game kind of still in development? ~_~ that would explain the lag.. I'm not trying to defend cause showing such a product is a horrible idea when you want it to sell -_-

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
ferofax said:
poor 3DS. game devs still don't take you seriously.

at least Yoshinori Ono and that Tekken director (forgot his name) apparently are out-competing themselves on your platform.
Er... Square Enix? Koei?

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Erm....Winter is 3 months long guys. "Winter 2012" doesn't mean December - they usually say "Holiday 2012" if they're talking about December. It'll be out before February.

"The release for upcoming Nintendo 3DS game Metal Gear Solid 3D: Snake Eater is scheduled for Winter 2011 in Japan. However, Hideo Kojima has clarified that it means an early 2012 release instead of later this year."

Source

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nikochanr3 said:
They mean winter as in January/February as opposed to spring. I don't think they mean next November.

Hope so I wanna check this out. Just wanna see if it improves. I already got it on ps2. But something they can bring out is another mgs acid. I loved those two on the psp. Beat them both like 2-3 times each. Peace walker was kinda.killed for me since the missing stick.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chris888222 said:
ferofax said:
poor 3DS. game devs still don't take you seriously.

at least Yoshinori Ono and that Tekken director (forgot his name) apparently are out-competing themselves on your platform.
Er... Square Enix? Koei?
Natsume? Namco Bandai? Sega? Atlus? Even Konami (despite this one game, which is more of them not taking the game seriously as it appears now.)?

Some others I didn't feel like listing. Tbh, ferofax, your post sound like a troll post. :/

Anyway, hopefully they do a complete turn around and stop the rushing. :/

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
KingVamp said:
I see you make this comment in every single MGS 3DS thread yet I just can't see it.

Maybe they just can't demake this game to the 3DS without it looking so shitty.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
prowler_ said:
KingVamp said:
I see you make this comment in every single MGS 3DS thread yet I just can't see it.

I didn't understand what you are saying.

If you trying belittle the 3DS then look at Capcom games.

I'm saying (base off Capcom,Koei,Namco) this game could have been so much better rather than a "demake".

Not even the look of it, just the overall game.

I said that in every thread?

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
prowler_ said:
KingVamp said:

You didn't see the stunning tech demo rendered by the system at the e3 2010? Clearly if they remade it properly they could achieve that, this is just a simple lazy port.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
heartgold said:
You didn't see the stunning tech demo rendered by the system at the e3 2010? Clearly if they remade it properly they could achieve that, this is just a simple lazy port.

Remaking takes time. Porting is easy. They're not gonna give the 3DS special privileges when MGS3 is just getting ported to literally almost every platform (Xbox 360, PS3, Vita, and 3DS).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://gbatemp.net/threads/ps5-m2sdd-quit-working-in-ps5.622567/page-2 guess I'm not the only...