Homebrew Merging Pokemon Bank Update with HANS

seb5049

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay, so I followed this guide and I thought I did everything correctly, but HANS thinks the romfs file I created was invalid. I tried just renaming the non-patched romfs.bin to (Title ID).romfs, but HANS recognised that as invalid too, wtf? These are the steps I've taken:

1.Download the update (1.2) CIA off that iso site.
2.Decrypted the CIA using Decrypt9 on my secondary 3DS (the one that has emunand, but not my NNID)
3.Extracted the romfs.bin and exefs.bin from the decrypted CIA using this command in ctrtool:

ctrtool -p --content=c (cia).cia ctrtool -p --exheader=exheader.bin --exefs=exefs.bin --romfs=romfs.bin c.0000.00000000

4.Extracted the romfs and exefs contents using the following commands:

ctrtool --intype=romfs --romfsdir=romfsdir romfs.bin
ctrtool --intype=exefs --exefsdir=exefsdir --decompresscode exefs.bin

5.Used braindump on my main 3DS to dump the CXI of Pokemon Bank.
6.Extracted the romfs from the CXI using the following command in ctrtool:

ctrtool -p --exefs=exefs.bin --romfs=romfs.bin (cxi).cxi

7.Extracted the romfs contents using this command:

ctrtool --intype=romfs --romfsdir=romfsdir romfs.bin

8.Pasted the contents of the romfs from the update into the contents of the Pokemon Bank romfs.
9.Used RomFS Builder to rebuild the patched romfs.
10.Renamed the code.bin from the update to (TitleID).code and put it in the hans folder on my SD card.
11.Renamed the romfs to (TitleID).romfs and put it in the hans folder on my SD card.

Is there anything wrong with what I'm doing? I need to get this done asap before everything on my Pokemon Bank is deleted.

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why do you need to combine the update, shouldn't installing the update CIA or updating via Eshop (EmuNAND or 10.x SysNAND with spoofing) work out fine?

seb5049

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Why do you need to combine the update, shouldn't installing the update CIA or updating via Eshop (EmuNAND or 10.x SysNAND with spoofing) work out fine?
HANS doesn't recognise update data, but I need HANS to spoof the firmware version. Also, the 3DS I have my NNID on doesn't have CFW so I can't install CIAs. And yes, I tried to downgrade it, but I get "An error has occurred" every time. My secondary 3DS, however, worked first try.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-