deathking said:
found it
tried it
reloaded akaio

waiting for legit release to try again
No you didnt
its actually very easy to find first download

assuming the leaked one mentioned is from dec.09

The staff should be more upset about that file because it gives a worse impression than the almost-finished build.

Thank you to a certain red furry and zero suit samus for making this thread so so hilarious.

Antoligy, I take it you are not a business person. I know you personally don't back the actions or your team mates (perfectionism, taking donation) but you have to put up a unified front as an organization. When you step in here with threats of bans and warez calls, you are acting on behalf of your organization, you've lost the luxury of saying "well we take donations but I personally don't support it." It's like the CEO of McDonalds saying the food is bad for you and he doesn't eat it while he's at an investor conference. Similarly, you shouldn't bite the hand that feeds you. Don't take donations and say things like "you're going to have to make do with either waiting or nothing." Really the person here representing menudo is threatening to take donations and run?
Soulanger is awesome and wants to make the project as good as possible, so hopefully you are not just him posing as another author. You are taking a step back making it into a spectacle that is good for attention if nothing else. Class act.

If you want your group and your creation to be taken seriously you need to be professional. Also just a heads up, it looks like someone is defacing your wiki. There is a lot of good info on there, that looks ready to release at least.

BobTheJoeBob

The most optimistic person on the temp. :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Menudo doesn't sound good from what I hearing. If people payed for it, then just give it to them, you promised a release date, just give em the Non-perfect build and they'll stop complaining.

Frederica Bernkastel

OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
We've re-informed soulanger of the situation, and he says that he'll see what he can do.

EDIT:
Heran Bago: I am merely an administrator on the site, and an operator in the IRC channel. My contributions to the community have been great, but to the codebase minimal (only the basic-auth twitter function). I'm not trying to take credit at all, just trying to clean up a messy situation. Like a janitor, as it were.

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
Antoligy said:
We've re-informed soulanger of the situation, and he says that he'll see what he can do.
SoulAngler is working on the programming and your working on the PR. I know you want to be constructive but consider a different strategy.

edit in response to edit: o i c. Hang in there and keep trying, these guys can be brutal (not like i'm one to talk)

Frederica Bernkastel

OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Heran Bago said:
Antoligy said:
SoulAngler is working on the programming and your working on the PR. I know you want to be constructive but consider a different strategy.
actually right now, he's working on a major college project
tongue.gif

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Of course the real cause of this situation is the unnecessary levels of artificial hype created by the creator/testers. They conspired to keep MenuDO in the news even if the only news was "MenuDO not out yet", or "MenuDO now contains a new feature which we can't mention or even hint at". If it had been announced/released like any other piece of homebrew software (which is all it is - just another piece of homebrew software) instead of all the manufactured self-importance then people would either have been happy to wait or forgotten about it entirely. Instead of being indignant at the leak the creator/testers should all be feeling like Victor Frankenstein.

Chaz.

Trophies
XP
Country
I use to think this project will be so cool, now I just can't be arsed with the wait. the date just gets pushed back and back and its not worth it anymore.

Frederica Bernkastel

OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Depravo said:
Of course the real cause of this situation is the unnecessary levels of artificial hype created by the creator/testers. They conspired to keep MenuDO in the news even if the only news was "MenuDO not out yet", or "MenuDO now contains a new feature which we can't mention or even hint at". If it had been announced/released like any other piece of homebrew software (which is all it is - just another piece of homebrew software) instead of all the manufactured self-importance then people would either have been happy to wait or forgotten about it entirely. Instead of being indignant at the leak the creator/testers should all be feeling like Victor Frankenstein.
Nice tin foil hat, we're actually kinda annoyed at the leak, especially since someone decided to try and upload it to FileTrip.

Zood!

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Dear SoulAnger,

We, here at Nintendo, have just received word about the Homebrew-Software called

"MENUdo". We also had a look at some of the videos that show your progress with the
software, and we want to congratulate you on your efforts.
Throughout the history of Video-Gaming single individuals like Shigeru Miyamoto
have helped todays games advance so they could become the dream inspiring things
they are today.

We have also read about your zero-tolerance stance on leaks and illegal
distributions of your software. Unfortunately we have to tell you, that we share
your view! Just the same way that you reign over your software, we reign over the
whole Nintendo DS. (That is why we called it NINTENDO DS in the first place.)
We don't even care about the functionality of MENUdo - just the way that you don't
care about the rage of the Homebrew-community and the reasons that they chose to
leak and download MENUdo.
For that reason we have to tell you the following:
Stop making homebrew, or we might stop making consoles all together.

Yours,

the (also whiny) People at Nintendo

PS: Shigeru is actually pissed, because he donated, and still hasn't received his
beta build!

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Heran Bago said:
The staff should be more upset about that file because it gives a worse impression than the almost-finished build.Yar.

Menudo team, the more you wait the more tempted people are to try to find leaked versions, and the longer you wait before releasing a beta, the older (in comparison) the leaked version people find and use will be... the worse it will be in comparison to what exists at that moment.

QUOTE(Heran Bago @ Aug 28 2010, 05:35 AM) Thank you to a certain red furry and zero suit samus for making this thread so so hilarious.
I blame my lack of a life.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
Heran Bago said:
Thank you to a certain red furry and zero suit samus for making this thread so so hilarious.
I blame my lack of a life.
When I first read Antoligy's first post in this topic, I lulzed for a good 10 minutes straight. Now, I don't normally use that word, so when I do use it know the depth and meaning behind it.

It's seriously a 'QQ ragemoar' post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Good idea