Mega Man X Legacy Collection 1 and 2 announced

Untitled.png

Though retailer and ratings board listings gave us some insight into the existence of this game before the official announcement, Capcom has finally confirmed the Mega Man X Legacy Collection, which will be a two-part release. Part 1 will include the first four games, while the second half offers Mega Man X5 through X8. As a bonus, there will new features, such as the new game mode, called "X Challenge" which is a boss rush, while the Museum Mode will have bios on the characters, as well as the "Day of Sigma" anime special which originally launched with Mega Man Maverick Hunter on the PSP. There's no confirmation of a western version at the time of writing, but it's almost a certainty. The game will be available on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, PC, and Nintendo Switch on July 26. The cover art for both versions is shown below.

794958.jpg 794957.jpg

:arrow: Source

Edit: The PlayStation blog confirmed a western release for July 24. There will be a digital release for all platforms which will cost $19.99, and a physical console release which includes both games, for $39.99.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With the OG games, I understand why the Mega Man collection was split up into 2 games. It seemed at first like all they were doing was releasing a collection of the NES Mega Man titles, but that sold well so they then released the others in a second collection (though seriously, no Mega Man & Bass... why?!), so I overall understand that situation.

But this time though, they know from the start that all the X games are going to come out, but they're going to be released in two separate selections. Why can't we just get all 8 X games in a single collection this time? The only good reason I can think of is that Capcom wants to charge the full price ($60) for each collection. And to some extent I guess I get it, but still, I think all 8 games in a single collection for $60 would be a reasonable price. Hell the X collection they sold years ago for the PS2 and Gamecube was a single title that included Mega Man X - Mega Man X6 plus a bonus game in Battle & Chase. So to see the new collections split up into 4 games each does feel like we're getting a little ripped off when you compare it to the previous X collection. This is very much how I felt the first time around with the Legacy collection containing the first 6 games when the Anniversary collection for the PS2, Xbox, and Gamecube had the first 8 games plus 2 other bonus titles.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With the OG games, I understand why the Mega Man collection was split up into 2 games.
Is there a good reason to split up a compilation of games which sole purpose is to have a collection that showcases a series legacy especially running this long when they haven't even made a new game in over 8 years. It's not like the past when we had small file storage on the game cart/disc.

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Am i confused or wasnt this collection revealed long ago for the other consoles without mentioning the switch at that time? Pretty sure i remember people arguin and crying that the collection wasnt planned for switch :unsure:

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a good reason to split up a compilation of games which sole purpose is to have a collection that showcases a series legacy especially running this long when they haven't even made a new game in over 8 years. It's not like the past when we had small file storage on the game cart/disc.

Like I continued to say, it was released as the Legacy collection, the intention seemed to me to be to just release the first 6 NES games in a modern collection. At the time, that made sense even though I still wished it was all 10 titles (plus M &B). But the game sold well, so eventually they released a second collection with the rest of the games. I don't believe they would have bothered with a second collection had the first not done all that great.

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It is very disappointing to see Capcom splitting the games up purely to net a second sale. A low price for each would make it a little better but I would be very surprised if the price tags equal less than $60 CAD.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0: im more interested in metroid prime 4