1. osaka35

osaka35 Instructional Designer

United States
    As long as they don't f*$&ing switch the A and B button for no frigin' reason like the first time they released the x collection, I'll be happy with buying collection 1 and that's it. They split it into two to be greedy, so I think I'll buy it used because screw them.

They only made a second collection after the first one proved to be so popular. The original X collection had more and wasn't split (though didn't include some of the higher Xs). This is a step backwards in terms of what they're offering per sale. This is like a second release...only they're making you spend the same for fewer games. Classic capcom.

Last edited by osaka35, Apr 10, 2018
  2. spotanjo3

spotanjo3 GBAtemp Legend

Portugal
    Yeah but they already learned their mistakes. I am getting them so they can develop Rockman X9/MegaMan X9.

3. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Legend

Portugal
    srs the games are preety small no need to split them up, the frirst collection its like what 1.5gb? afaik the first 2 are snes games wich are preety tiny and the rest are under 700mb since they were cd games...

there was an x collection on gc and it had x1 to x6 and megaman battle and chase and gc dics cant be more than 1.35gb...
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mega_Man_X_Collection#List_of_games

Last edited by pedro702, Apr 10, 2018
    DarthDub, the_randomizer and osaka35 like this.
  4. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

United States
    I wouldn't count on it.

Capcom, that is all

DarthDub likes this.
  5. RedoLane

RedoLane Unemployed Punmaster

Israel
    @Chary Better update the thread with all the western news.

6. Deleted User

Deleted User Newbie

Yup.

7. BlackWizzard17

BlackWizzard17 Don't worry Captin we'll buff out those scratches.

United States
    Legacy Collection 1 is the only one you need to buy
    X4>x2>x1>x3>the rest

8. Deleted User

Deleted User Newbie

Kinda defeats the point of a collection

DarthDub likes this.
  9. BORTZ

BORTZ The Amazing
    Supervisor

United States
    To copy my post from the other thread:

No one is going to buy the Mega Man X Collection 2. X5 is fine, but there is a huge RNG issue with the destruction of the space colony, as well as "killing" Zero... So it is plagued with the curse of even if you get all the extra pieces of the weapon, you can still get the bad ending, WTF. X6 is in contention for being one of the worst designed Mega Man games of all time, and guess what! X7 is even worst than that! X8 is fine, they finally went back to 2D or whatever that 2.5D term all the cool kids are using. But the story sucks and peeple had already moved on. Growing out of the X series entirely or playing different genre games.

Cappy should have put them all on one disk or file, charged what they are charging for the two disks together and forced people to buy all 8 at once.

VMM and DarthDub like this.
  10. BlackWizzard17

BlackWizzard17 Don't worry Captin we'll buff out those scratches.

United States
    No not really, especially since they're releasing two separate collections.

11. KiraBlaize

KiraBlaize Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    X5 was pretty good and X8 was one of the best. Could probably easily be put on one disc though

12. spotanjo3

spotanjo3 GBAtemp Legend

Portugal
    You a little faith. :)

13. RedoLane

RedoLane Unemployed Punmaster

Israel
    When it comes to personal preference, I love X5 the most, and X7 the least.
    In general I love all the MMX games, so it's a given I'll buy both collections.

14. kuwanger

kuwanger GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    It's actually 794MB on the Gamecube. With more modern video encoders, I imagine they could get it a bit smaller than that. I've no idea how large X7/X8 are though. My gut is they're only in the hundreds of MB big for the data and the audio/video could be compressed down to a couple hundred more with modern compressors (presuming they weren't already compressed down).

It's the B movie of Mega Man X games--which is saying a lot since Mega Man has never really been grade A story and really it was always about the game play. Meanwhile, I consider Mega Man Zero 3-4 as B movie story, but at least the game play held up (for what it was). In any case, I actually prefer X6 to X5. It's broken (especially the Shadow Armor) but at least you can control the story line. Going to play X8 some day, so I might end up getting MMXLC2.

I agree. They should have also included Battle & Chase, translated that Mega Man board game, Wily Wars, the Arcade games, etc. But most of all Mega Man & Bass. I mean, it'd be understandable if they were planing a "Mega Man Gaiden Collection" , but I don't see that happening. Capcom, feel free to pleasantly surprise me.

15. DarkenedMatter

DarkenedMatter GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I only wanted Command Mission and it's missing so I'll pass.

DarthDub likes this.
  16. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Legend

Portugal
    im still waiting for a megaman battle network collection here :S love those games.

KingVamp likes this.
  17. Rune

Rune GBAtemp Advanced Fan

If that X Challenge had co-op multiplayer against the dual bosses (2P controlling Zero or something), that would've sold the whole collection to me.
    As it is, I might as well just use Retroarch.

Memoir likes this.
  18. osaka35

United States
    Wait, people actually liked x8? The slow, boring, toothless one? I couldn't even finish that one. Or am I thinking of x7?

Last edited by osaka35, Apr 10, 2018
  19. Deleted User

Deleted User Newbie

x8 went back to 2d, x7 tried 3d and failed miserably

osaka35 likes this.
  20. osaka35

United States
    I must be thinking of X7. All I remember is thinking "why is everything moving so slow! It's like an old-school fighting game or something".

I just youtubed it. Visually looks terrible to me, but the gameplay looks fun. I'll have to play x8, though I won't pay for collection 2 lol

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Collection, announced, Legacy