• Views 8,336,381
  • Replies 3,952
  • Likes 278

AAA3A

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello, In the last three days, I wrote a script to rename the zips of Medicat USB. This script will prevent users from having to re-download zipped files because of errors in the names... Here are the steps of the script:

1) It asks the user for the version number and downloads, depending on the version of Medicat USB, the corresponding text file.
2) It asks the user for the directory where the files downloaded from google drive are located.
3) It extracts through a powershell command the software that will be used to compare the hashes in the current directory.
4) For each file in the directory (not those in the subdirectories), the script will calculate their hash and compare it with that of each normal zip file.
5) Whenever a hash matches, it will ask the user if they want to rename a file and will rename it if confirmed (the file name can be exactly the same as the existing one).
6) If a file is matched, the verification pass will be disabled to avoid errors and speed up the script.

The script makes a log file with all the actions that have been performed. For each version, I will specify the data as follows:
Code:
Number_Zips=one,two,three,four,five,six
Hashe_format=md5
Name_one_zip=MediCat USB v21.06.zip.001
Hashe_one_zip=7fe010fe39e8fece85c960ac5338dc23
Name_two_zip=MediCat USB v21.06.zip.002
Hashe_two_zip=02e526dbb55a0b0dddf9178d41933e70
Name_three_zip=MediCat USB v21.06.zip.003
Hashe_three_zip=cda237eeda37c8d66c764436b9bae982
Name_four_zip=MediCat USB v21.06.zip.004
Hashe_four_zip=a18a5e3203948217741844f6d6913da0
Name_five_zip=MediCat USB v21.06.zip.005
Hashe_five_zip=9e5762416ad7e58f1c6b87a89f93f414
Name_six_zip=MediCat USB v21.06.zip.006
Hashe_six_zip=6852095ae77629712d8ae270b60c773d

I will soon release a script that checks files and hashes to avoid download errors. @Jayro Do you want to share the script described above? Does anyone have a suggestion?
https://mega.nz/file/B9xCkT6b#ZF7j9nHx1B_KHLd53CFJJhENUx2qep5MK8yklKOHQLk

Last edited by AAA3A,
Reactions: crg

Alejandro_d_vedia

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Tengo problemas al crear mi usb, sigo los pasos según las instrucciones, y al descomprimir en mi usb me produce errores al descomprimir ¿Que puedo hacer?

Attachments

• medic Captura.jpg
    medic Captura.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 178

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Tengo problemas al crear mi usb, sigo los pasos según las instrucciones, y al descomprimir en mi usb me produce errores al descomprimir ¿Que puedo hacer?
Please post in English so we can help you better going forward, and do the zip files have matching hashes?

AAA3A

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have made good progress in MediCat Documentations and, without knowing which tools have been added or removed, I still have to set up Windows Recovery. Do you know where to find the documentation of these tools?
Thanks in advance.

upload_2021-8-13_15-4-3.png

upload_2021-8-13_15-4-9.png

upload_2021-8-13_15-4-16.png

Reactions: impeeza

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
hola Alejandro, this is a english only site, please
Almost put a English version of your post.

The problem you describe seems a damaged zip file, use the hashes to verify your copy and redownload the bad ones

Parece que tienes algun(os) archivo(s) zip dañad(os), usa los hashes para verificarlos y descarga de nuevo los malos.

Last edited by impeeza,
Reactions: neofita

RomAnOCrY

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi !
on brand new ACER PC, one of my customer forget his password.
So, i use the Win10PE and ... the ssd (NVMe ??) is not reconnized on it.

So i use O&O Bluecon system, and here, the disk is recognized...
ANd i use the "password remover" available on it.

Do you plan to work on this issue ?
do you need more information about it ?

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Hi !
on brand new ACER PC, one of my customer forget his password.
So, i use the Win10PE and ... the ssd (NVMe ??) is not reconnized on it.

So i use O&O Bluecon system, and here, the disk is recognized...
ANd i use the "password remover" available on it.

Do you plan to work on this issue ?
do you need more information about it ?
I'm guessing it's an NVMe driver missing? I'll look into adding NVMe drivers in the next release.

BastardFromNowhere

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I'm guessing it's an NVMe driver missing? I'll look into adding NVMe drivers in the next release.
Hi,

I had the same problem on my brand new HP laptop with the Macrium WINPE version! I need to add manually my laptop NVME controller Intel from the driver i download before !

Question, if you add Nvme drivers controller, it will affect all the Medicat's Iso? Or you inject it only into WINPE?

Thx

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

I had the same problem on my brand new HP laptop with the Macrium WINPE version! I need to add manually my laptop NVME controller Intel from the driver i download before !

Question, if you add Nvme drivers controller, it will affect all the Medicat's Iso? Or you inject it only into WINPE?

Thx
Into the WinPE only.

Reactions: BastardFromNowhere

AAA3A

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello,
As you may know, I decided to create a tool called MediCat Documentations which allows the user to access, in the main menu, the list of tools, the list of PortableApps software, the chancelog, a tutorial to boot on a USB key, another to disable any antivirus easily... In the sub-menus, either sorted alphabetically or by category, the documentation of each Medicat USB bootable tool is present.

Lately, I added a new function that allows the user to download the tool update: the changelog, the list of bootable tools and the list of PortableApps software automatically. This feature allows me to update these files after the release of the new version of Medicat USB, so I don't have to ask @Jayro for the files before the release of each version.

Does anyone know where to find the official Windows Recovery website (if it exists)? Any documentation? Can he write one himself? This is the only documentation I can't find and it's the last step, it seems, before the menu is released to all users on Gbatemp and on Discord and maybe even integrated in Medicat USB (@momosala, @SteveF et @RogueAntics)!

I would like to thank especially Mikaël GUILLERM from Tech2Tech (https://www.tech2tech.fr/) for his help in writing the documentation of the preparation of the Medicat USB stick, the one of its use and finally the one of Mini Windows 10! Thanks also to all those who answered my messages!

What do you think of MediCat Documentations? Do you have a suggestion to implement (in relation to the functions or the user interface)? What do you think about the automatic update function?
Thanks in advance for your answers which will help me to go faster in this project!

madbomb122

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Zalex

AAA3A

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Reactions: impeeza

Zalex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi,
Got a faster USB Samsung Fit Plus & I would like to try the newer MediCat, currently I'm stick on 18.10 on other Pens.

Questions:

1. What are the minimun requirements to run 21.x?
Couldn't find them on fist page, were they posted time ago?
Would be good to appear there.

2. On Platform details at https://alternativeto.net/software/medicat-dvd/about/, is just mentioned that x86 support is droped on 2018, would be good to point somewhere to download or to search for 18.10 for those in need.
I know the BayPort can't be advertised, currently Mega is 20Gb instead of 15Gb, MediCat 18.10 would fit now there.

3. Saw posted that dropping ISOs to Ventoy folder or somewhere, they are autolinked at the Boot Menu, also about the edit of the JSON for some sort of things.
All this stuff would be good at the Install guide, on the Zip, and noted on the First Page or even in booth places.
Still downloading but on the files seems that all this is missing.
It would be a new guide or at least the links to the posts where all this is explained.
(Since I would need to find them, I would post them, if someone has the list, please share it :), Thank you)

As per OS Requierements:

MediCat 18.10 couldn't run on:

HPCompaq 6020s
Intel Mobile Core 2 Duo T5470 @ 1.60GHz
Merom 65nm
2,00GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 332MHz

Thank you

Zalex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi,

Just installed following all the steps, but...

Somehow, doesn't boot to MediCat, instead, jumps to Windows after a while on a black screen.

The Pen is ok, I've tested launching it from MobaLiveCD and boots and could navigate trough the menu.
Checked on Ventoy's site but not found anything related.
Tried changing Laptop Bios to UEFI but just spent time still on the black screen

2021-08-28_160228.png 2021-08-28_160254.png 2021-08-28_160504.png

Any idea?¿

Samsung NP-QX411
Intel 2410 2,6 - 2,9Ghz
6Gb
USB 3.0

Bios | Windows 7​

Thank you

Last edited by Zalex,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol