OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
MediCat USB v21.03 has just been released!

UEFI.png

Changelog is attached to this post.

Attachments

• changelog 21.03.txt
    2.5 KB · Views: 260
Last edited by Jayro,

AAA3A

Trophies
XP
Country
France
You have added a lot of software to the Programs folder! Why not put them in PortableApps? What are they for?

Last edited by AAA3A,

rlongfield

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am trying to get Medicat working and I'm running into a few issues, no doubt user error but hopefully someone can help out.

I have a 32 GB thumb drive that I used Ventoy on, I formated the drive to NTFS and extracted the files to the drive.
When I booted off the drive I got a blue Ventoy menu with a bunch of .iso files on it.
Some open, other don't with a "No bootfile found for UEFI! Maybe the image does not support x64 UEFI

I've tried UEFI only CSM No, Both with UEFI first CSM Yes, and Both Legacy first CSM Yes. There is no change to the behaviour.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I am trying to get Medicat working and I'm running into a few issues, no doubt user error but hopefully someone can help out.

I have a 32 GB thumb drive that I used Ventoy on, I formated the drive to NTFS and extracted the files to the drive.
When I booted off the drive I got a blue Ventoy menu with a bunch of .iso files on it.
Some open, other don't with a "No bootfile found for UEFI! Maybe the image does not support x64 UEFI

I've tried UEFI only CSM No, Both with UEFI first CSM Yes, and Both Legacy first CSM Yes. There is no change to the behaviour.
Try remaking the drive, but in Ventoy2Disk's Options menu, change the partition style from MBR to GPT. That may solve your issue. And another thing to try is disabling Secure Boot support in Ventoy2Disk as well. Make sure Secure Boot is disabled in your BIOS too.

Reload500

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Anyone looking for a working version of MiniTool Partition Wizard 12.3 shoot me a PM. The one in this version continues not to work but I have fixed it. When you run the MiniTool Partition Wizard and wait like 10 seconds it should put you in the program. If you still cant get in when you click on the "MiniTool Partition Wizard Tab" just hit Alt+Tab and click on the MiniTool Wizard Icon and Boom your in and up and going! I have tested several times in BIOS and UEFI on 2 different systems and it works.

PS: This is the ISO file! Not the portable version.

Last edited by Reload500,
Reactions: zeromant

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Anyone looking for a working version of MiniTool Partition Wizard 12.3 shoot me a PM. The one in this version continues not to work but I have fixed it. When you run the MiniTool Partition Wizard that I have and you still cant get in when the main screen comes up? just hit Alt+Tab and click on the MiniTool Wizard Icon and Boom your in and up and going! I have tested several times in BIOS and UEFI on 2 different systems and it works.
MiniTool was replaced with AOMEI in the new version.

AAA3A

Trophies
XP
Country
France
You have added a lot of software to the Programs folder! Why not put them in PortableApps? What are they for?

AAA3A

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello,
Malwarebytes does not start in the bootable tool and on the normal computer.

Here are the two notifications that appear when I start the software:

upload_2021-3-20_21-23-16.png

upload_2021-3-20_21-23-44.png

Afterwards, nothing happens!

Carlsgmailyahoo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Jayro great project I want something like this a year ago the Bios/ Uefi. Ventoy made that possible
any way No boot file found is for @active 17 "No bootfile found for UEFI! Maybe the image does not support x64 UEFI
Marked as uefi but only seems to boot in BIOS mode
Just an FYI
thanks again for this USB project!!!

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Hello,
Malwarebytes does not start in the bootable tool and on the normal computer.

Here are the two notifications that appear when I start the software:

View attachment 253187

View attachment 253188

Afterwards, nothing happens!
Hit cancel and open it again. It should work.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hey Jayro great project I want something like this a year ago the Bios/ Uefi. Ventoy made that possible
any way No boot file found is for @active 17 "No bootfile found for UEFI! Maybe the image does not support x64 UEFI
Marked as uefi but only seems to boot in BIOS mode
Just an FYI
thanks again for this USB project!!!
I'll take another look, but try making the USB again with GPT partition style and try again.

AAA3A

Trophies
XP
Country
France
The windows start menu has its own list of tools in it, and that's why they're in the Programs folder. You can modify those too.

I still can't understand how and in which tool you can launch this menu? In mini Windows 10? In Malwarebytes? In Jayro's Lockpick?

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
MEGA file hosts have been uploaded, and are ready to go with v21.03. Sorry for the wait, it's been a crazy week ever since Friday. Google Drive link will be updated in about 2 hours when the upload completes.
Thanks for your patience and understanding.

UPDATE: Google Drive is now ready too. Enjoy v21.03. ^_^

Last edited by Jayro,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, and leave ectoplasm all over the place