Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Holy crap... This thread is almost at 5 Million views. :creep:

I guess I should probably do some kind of a giveaway. :unsure:

I'm terrible at planning these things. I know what to give away, but not the how part. If you have any ideas on how to do one, shoot me a DM. I'm all ears. :yaysp:

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to be giving away an aluminum USB 3.1 Gen 2 (10GB/s) 256GB NVMe USB stick. It gets about 900MB read, 850~MB write speeds. It will come LOADED with the latest in-progress pre-release build of MediCat USB, along with MediCat VHD, all together on the same drive. The picture is what the USB enclosure looks like. It has a magnetic cap, and the whole thing feels premium in the hands. "One USB stick to rule them all" ...or something like that. ^_^

NVME-Case-M-2-NVME-Enclosure-USB-C-Gen2-10Gbps-PCIe-NVME-SSD-Enclosure-NVME-M2.jpg_Q90.jpg_.jpg

momosala

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm going to be giving away an aluminum USB 3.1 Gen 2 (10GB/s) 256GB NVMe USB stick. It gets about 900MB read, 850~MB write speeds. It will come LOADED with the latest in-progress pre-release build of MediCat USB, along with MediCat VHD, all together on the same drive. The picture is what the USB enclosure looks like. It has a magnetic cap, and the whole thing feels premium in the hands. "One USB stick to rule them all" ...or something like that. ^_^

View attachment 254044

Chansm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore

View attachment 254044

Is so nice. But I live quite far away from where you stay. Postage may be expensive for you.
I should pay for it instead.

Last edited by Chansm,

RogueAntics

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You don't need to do giveaways at all Jayro. You are a star for being YOU and nothing else is required.

I asked how to donate and heard nothing. Keep doing what you are doing, if you need help, ask. Ask.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
You don't need to do giveaways at all Jayro. You are a star for being YOU and nothing else is required.

I asked how to donate and heard nothing. Keep doing what you are doing, if you need help, ask. Ask.
I don't accept donations, but Longpanda does, he's the creator of Ventoy. His donation page is here: https://www.ventoy.net/en/donation.html

RogueAntics

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't accept donations, but Longpanda does, he's the creator of Ventoy. His donation page is here: https://www.ventoy.net/en/donation.html
You know what... I might just give Longpanda a donation since you are so selfish that you don't accept anything. :rofl2:

A joke of course, if you ever need anything there are hundreds of willing benefactors behind you.

God bless you Jayro.

AAA3A

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ventoy v1.0.39 has been released
https://www.ventoy.net/en/index.html

A new feature is available in Ventoy: the ability to choose the keyboard layout of the menu!

"control": [
{ "VTOY_DEFAULT_MENU_MODE": "1" },
{ "VTOY_FILT_DOT_UNDERSCORE_FILE": "1" },
{ "VTOY_TREE_VIEW_MENU_STYLE": "1" },
{ "VTOY_MAX_SEARCH_LEVEL": "max" },
{"VTOY_DEFAULT_KBD_LAYOUT": "FRENCH"},
{ "VTOY_FILE_FLT_ISO": "0" },
{ "VTOY_FILE_FLT_WIM": "0" },
{ "VTOY_FILE_FLT_EFI": "0" },
{ "VTOY_FILE_FLT_IMG": "0" },
{ "VTOY_FILE_FLT_VHD": "0" },
{ "VTOY_FILE_FLT_VTOY": "0" }
],

upload_2021-3-28_16-4-12.png

Last edited by AAA3A,

AAA3A

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Where should I put the lines for the keyboard layout please?

The line in red must be put in /ventoy/ventoy.json! The black lines of code are already present: add the line in red as in the example below!

"control": [
{ "VTOY_DEFAULT_MENU_MODE": "1" },
{ "VTOY_FILT_DOT_UNDERSCORE_FILE": "1" },
{ "VTOY_TREE_VIEW_MENU_STYLE": "1" },
{ "VTOY_MAX_SEARCH_LEVEL": "max" },
{"VTOY_DEFAULT_KBD_LAYOUT": "FRENCH"},
{ "VTOY_FILE_FLT_ISO": "0" },
{ "VTOY_FILE_FLT_WIM": "0" },
{ "VTOY_FILE_FLT_EFI": "0" },
{ "VTOY_FILE_FLT_IMG": "0" },
{ "VTOY_FILE_FLT_VHD": "0" },
{ "VTOY_FILE_FLT_VTOY": "0" }
],

Renodos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovakia
Hi, Jayro.
I see that the Medicat VHD is .vhd type... I found out that the .vhdx type is a better option because there is also protection against data corruption and better alignment.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality