OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Updated Rufus to v2.18 BETA, and this is the last release that will support Windows XP and Windows Vista.

The official changelog is HERE.

Code:
o Version 2.18 (2017.11.??)
Ensure that the same drive is reselected on device refresh
Add a cheat mode to cycle the USB port of currently selected device
Make lookup for updatable .cfg file more generic (e.g. ESET SysRescue)
Fix handling of multiextent ISOs (e.g. BlackArch Linux)
Fix propagation of image decompression errors

IMPORTANT: THIS IS THE LAST RELEASE TO SUPPORT WINDOWS XP AND WINDOWS VISTA
FUTURE RUFUS RELEASES WILL *NO LONGER* BE COMPATIBLE WITH THESE PLATFORMS

Vahalaru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Jayro love what your doing here. Your usb has been a life savor, makes things so easy. (When I can get it to boot right)
2 things I’d like to ask you about though. 1. How do I add/remove programs and portables. I think I understand this correctly, If modifying winpe just download EasyDISM, mount the MediCat USB iso(or is it the win10pe.iso contained in the usb) change wim file and unmount?

2. As a hobbiest computer repair technician I get my hands on a lot of computers. Would you be against me making a tutorial for setting up the BIOS/UEFI to get to where you need for the different manufacturers(some misbehave more than others). And eventually adding guides on how to use(or when to use) the different programs? Like I didn’t know till your comment earlier that start.exe was an updater for the usb.

P.s. before vs 17.10 the win7pe.iso and minixp.iso were in the iso folder were they removed in this update? ( I could never figure out how to get them to show in the boot menu)

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Hey Jayro love what your doing here. Your usb has been a life savor, makes things so easy. (When I can get it to boot right)
2 things I’d like to ask you about though. 1. How do I add/remove programs and portables. I think I understand this correctly, If modifying winpe just download EasyDISM, mount the MediCat USB iso(or is it the win10pe.iso contained in the usb) change wim file and unmount?

2. As a hobbiest computer repair technician I get my hands on a lot of computers. Would you be against me making a tutorial for setting up the BIOS/UEFI to get to where you need for the different manufacturers(some misbehave more than others). And eventually adding guides on how to use(or when to use) the different programs? Like I didn’t know till your comment earlier that start.exe was an updater for the usb.

P.s. before vs 17.10 the win7pe.iso and minixp.iso were in the iso folder were they removed in this update? ( I could never figure out how to get them to show in the boot menu)
1.) You can either add new portable apps to the Programs folder, and create a shortcut to them in the Start10 menu under \users\default\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\ inside the boot.wim... Or add the new portable apps to the PortableApps folder, and they might show up under the "Other" category of the PortableApps Suite (Start.exe). EasyDISM is already in the Programs folder. You can even edit the boot.wim you've booted into! Then when you commit the changes and reboot, you'll see the changes immediately.

2.) Feel free to create guides, I'd love the help.

P.S.: No, that user wanted to add those specific ISOs themselves, I just offered up some menu code for them to get it working.

Last edited by Jayro,

alain25

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Jayro said:
Usually Ubuntu comes with Firefox, but you might have to install Java yourself.
What is the code to integrate os Linux?

Is it the same as Windows 7?
Code:
label Debian 9 Live
menu label debian live ==>
      kernel /boot/grub.exe
      APPEND --config-file="find --set-root   --ignore-floppies /ISO/debian ; map --heads=0 --sectors-per-track=0 /ISO/debian_9.0.1_gnome_live_amd64.iso (hd32); map --hook; chainloader (hd32)
text help
                        Boot into Debian 9 Live .
endtext

When I run the debian I have a pink screen, it remains blocked.

How can I do

For Windows 7 I can not open Firefox, How do you do? Yet on the key, it is in PortableApps. I even got Java. I have an error message I have fetched Java and Firefox on web PortableApps.

Thank you

Last edited by alain25,

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Code:
label Debian 9 Live
menu label debian live ==>
      kernel /boot/grub.exe
      APPEND --config-file="find --set-root   --ignore-floppies /ISO/debian_9.0.1_gnome_live_amd64.iso ; map --heads=0 --sectors-per-track=0 /ISO/debian_9.0.1_gnome_live_amd64.iso (hd32); map --hook; chainloader (hd32)
text help
                        Boot into Debian 9 Live .
endtext
Try this^

I have added the text needed to get Debian booting. Hope this helps. :)

Last edited by Jayro,

LecheBotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello Jayro can you give me another download link or a torrent so that I can have MediCat because with google chrome it's really tooooooo long

Azertix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Updated Rufus to v2.18 BETA, and this is the last release that will support Windows XP and Windows Vista.

The official changelog is HERE.

Code:
o Version 2.18 (2017.11.??)
Ensure that the same drive is reselected on device refresh
Add a cheat mode to cycle the USB port of currently selected device
Make lookup for updatable .cfg file more generic (e.g. ESET SysRescue)
Fix handling of multiextent ISOs (e.g. BlackArch Linux)
Fix propagation of image decompression errors

IMPORTANT: THIS IS THE LAST RELEASE TO SUPPORT WINDOWS XP AND WINDOWS VISTA
FUTURE RUFUS RELEASES WILL *NO LONGER* BE COMPATIBLE WITH THESE PLATFORMS
Rufus 2.18.1213 is up !

royallyfedup

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using the USB based version 17.10.01 and in Windows10 Mini when I select shutdown nothing happens. The flyout red menu also stays in place. Noticed the same thing happening when I use the mini.windows17.10.01 iso from within Easy2Boot.

Azertix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Fixed the broken boot paths in the ubcd folder.
Fixed the Shutdown and Reboot commands that weren't always working on the Main Menu. (Apparently they were missing the / switch before the command, and adding it seemed to fix them.)
Modified the bootsplash art.

I'm uploading the new v17.10.01 ISO images now, should be done uploading in about 6 hours or so.
Hi, i just remade 2 Medicat USB 17.10.01 with Rufus 2.18.1213. 1 with a USB3 drive, 1 with a USB2 drive.
I have some feedbacks :
1) I still have the problem with UBCD : HDD\Boot Management (see screenshot below).
2) Medicat boots correctly (not directly on mini W10 like before).
3) Mini Win10 still have start menu shutdown and reboot bug. It freezes start menu.
Shutdown and restart shortcuts on the desktop works good.

TIPS :
1) For people who wants to test ISO image or live CD/USB on Windows without boot physically on a PC, you can use MobaLiveCD :mthr:
2) I uploaded Medicat on Yggtorrent : https://yggtorrent.com/torrent/application/windows/115323-medicat+17+10 for alternate download method :toot:

Attachments

• ubcd.png
    ubcd.png
    60.7 KB · Views: 153
Last edited by Azertix,

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Hi, i just remade 2 Medicat USB 17.10.01 with Rufus 2.18.1213. 1 with a USB3 drive, 1 with a USB2 drive.
I have some feedbacks :
1) I still have the problem with UBCD : HDD\Boot Management (see screenshot below).
2) Medicat boots correctly (not directly on mini W10 like before).
3) Mini Win10 still have start menu shutdown and reboot bug. It freezes start menu.
Shutdown and restart shortcuts on the desktop works good.

TIPS :
1) For people who wants to test ISO image or live CD/USB on Windows without boot physically on a PC, you can use MobaLiveCD :mthr:
2) I uploaded Medicat on Yggtorrent : https://yggtorrent.com/torrent/application/windows/115323-medicat+17+10 for alternate download method :toot:
Thank you for making a torrent. How did you make yours?

And I don't know why the MiniWin10 freezes the shutdown and restart routines, that's why I made the desktop ones instead using a batch file script I compiled into an .exe

Dn447

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Are you guys 100% sure your bios is booting into Legacy/BIOS/CSM mode and not UEFI? Because that sounds like UEFI behavior.

Hey sorry for the late reply

i tested it on multiple machines (some of them old core2duo w/o UEFI) and i have the same issues , it boot directly into Mini win10

But i notice that there 2 windows PE available in YUMI single and multiple , witch one should i take?

Thank you for your help :)

Dave

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Hey sorry for the late reply

i tested it on multiple machines (some of them old core2duo w/o UEFI) and i have the same issues , it boot directly into Mini win10

But i notice that there 2 windows PE available in YUMI single and multiple , witch one should i take?

Thank you for your help :)

Dave
Try single first.

kequack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question, when I attempt to load the mini windows from usb and I have a hard drive with a partial windows install (half way through setup) or corrupt MBR, it will load the mini windows but error out at the last second. I get an error message and then a black screen. Is this expected behavior and is there a workaround for this?

Thanks!

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Question, when I attempt to load the mini windows from usb and I have a hard drive with a partial windows install (half way through setup) or corrupt MBR, it will load the mini windows but error out at the last second. I get an error message and then a black screen. Is this expected behavior and is there a workaround for this?

Thanks!
That is definitely not the expected result. I'd grab another USB stick and try again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: anyone