Mass Effect 4 details emerge

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mass Effect, the epic sci-fi RPG, has been leaving fans with a lot of mixed emotions and divisions. From the tumultuous reception to the ending of the third game to general and generic fan bickering, for better or for worse, the franchise has left its mark in western gaming. While the story of Commander Sheppard may be over, the franchise isn't, with reports of Mass Effect 4 coming to light.

First, the franchise will now be handled by BioWare Montreal, the developers behind Mass Effect 3's multiplayer, with support from the Edmonton branch that previously handled Mass Effect.

Additionally, Mass Effect 4 will use FrostBite 2. The engine runs Battlefield 3 and has also been announced for the third Dragon Age game, titled Inquisition.

According to BioWare Montreal, the game will also "[explore] new directions" in both gameplay and story, while still remaining respectful to what the previous three games have built.

Not much more information was revealed, but it's official: Mass Effect 4 is coming.

:arrow: Source

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was too lazy to actually read the blog post and most of the info was summarized by CVG which was on my RSS feed. So I figured I'd give them credit where it's due.

right, I only read the blog post because it popped up on my FB and twitter feeds this morning. didn't even think it'd be newsworthy.

Lurker2

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have no faith in this game. I don't know why but I think it will suck compared to the previous games in the series.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
oh, so Mass effect 3 wasn't the last one? I thought they changed the ending because fans didn't like the "end of the series". so it's more like the "end of the arc".
I thought the series was an FPS, but after seeing some video maybe I'll try it. It's more action-RPG? that's interesting.

Maybe I'll try the one on WiiU and watch the back story without playing, it will be faster to catch up the story for me.

Fear Zoa

Still Alive
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It will be different, but hell mass effect 3 actually had pretty fun multiplayer. Besides its not like they can screw up the storyline or anything, its already in shambles.

Engert

I love me
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
the game will also "[explore] new directions" .

Bioware confirmed that these new directions would mean that you now have 50 choices to end the game but the ending is all the same (plus or minus 5% difference in the end). They also confirmed that the ending of the new game would be a giant middle finger to all Mass Effect fans due the their inability to commit on how to end a trilogy.

Ah, those Canadians.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bioware confirmed that these new directions would mean that you now have 50 choices to end the game but the ending is all the same (plus or minus 5% difference in the end). They also confirmed that the ending of the new game would be a giant middle finger to all Mass Effect fans due the their inability to commit on how to end a trilogy.

Ah, those Canadians.

They also confirmed the vast amount of butthert and rage nerds can muster over a videogame.

Reactions: Guild McCommunist

Engert

I love me
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
They also confirmed the vast amount of butthert and rage nerds can muster over a videogame.

This internet rage was also confirmed when Netflix raise their prices and the people were furious but when Patriot Act I and II were passed people didn't even care. It's important to keep our priorities straight and keep watching American Idol for a satisfying ending which doesn't involve Commander Sheppard breathing for 1 second.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This internet rage was also confirmed when Netflix raise their prices and the people were furious but when Patriot Act I and II were passed people didn't even care. It's important to keep our priorities straight and keep watching American Idol for a satisfying ending which doesn't involve Commander Sheppard breathing for 1 second.

I didn't care at all when Netflix raised their prices. I only streamed anyway...
I didn't care at all when the Patriot Act was passed. I have nothing to hide or be fearful of.
and
American Idol is for pussies. Real men watch The Voice.

Reactions: Engert

Engert

I love me
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
... on other news Bioware rumored that Mass Effect 5 is in the works and it shows Sheppard as a child unable to make decisions and his inability to commit. It explores further his childhood trauma on when his parent died and how his father never allowed him to finish any project thus affecting young Sheppard for the rest of his life. Unknown sources confirm that Sheppard is actually an employee at Bioware. Bioware could not be reached for a comment on this allegation and they declined our interview request.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E