Hardware Marking a wiikey before modding?

qusai

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, I'm getting my Wii modded with my wiikey which arrived yesterday. I'm meeting the person that's modding it tomorrow but I don't know him (got his name and all from craigslist). I know there are a lot of clones floating around and i don't want to risk getting one installed in my wii so I was wondering if theres any place on the wiikey that i would maybe be able to leave a mark on just in case?
thanks

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You should be able to mark (I assume you mean deform mark rather than a pen) anywhere there is no trace, a picture I stole from the Wiikey install guide:
wiikeyxd3.jpg

The red areas should be safe to put a line in and you can also mark the top of the chip.

Renegade_R

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Honestly, I don't think someone is gonna swipe a WiiKey you give to them just to put a clone in. That would offer them no real direct benefit except for mixing it into their pile of clones. If you're really concerned though, take a knife and mark areas without traces.

qusai

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So on those red areas, how would i be able to mark it? with a pen or what?
I don't know, I'm just paranoid thats all. First time I buy a console and then chip it, i usually get my consoles premodded.

pewpz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Why not just tell him it's a clone to begin with? Otherwise, you can use a Sharpie just about anywhere you want. The ink is non conductive and the felt tip won't damage the PCB.

EddyB

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yeah you can just cut the corner area, but I think you are a bit 2 paranoid. Do you care what the guy does? As long as it's working it's fine. Are you realy gonna disassemble your wii when it gets back just to check if it's your chip?
rofl2.gif

qusai

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
so would it be safe to mark the black area or should i mark the red ones. im getting it installed in a couple of hours. also, what should i use to mark it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: