Marioparty DS multiplayer with roms?

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by Lunatics, Aug 17, 2014.

1. Lunatics
    OP

Lunatics GBAtemp Regular

Aug 9, 2010
    United States
    I was wondering if there was anyway to play this multiplayer with roms? I have a 3ds with a 3DS R4i right now, she has a ds lite using my old M3 Real card. We'd like to be able to play Multiplayer mario party with them but I am not sure how.

When I go into the game and go into multiplayer on both systems it does not show anyone, but it also shows zero wifi bars in the top left on both consoles as if wifi is completely disabled.

Does anyone know if it's possible to do what we're trying to do and if so how/have any advice?

2. DeadPixelMan

DeadPixelMan Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 30, 2013
    United States
    It's possible as i have done this myself (multiplayer games on flashcards with a 3ds and a ds) my advice would be to check if the wifi setting are setup properly on both systems, as for Mario party specifically i have never played that game so im not sure if it's something your doing wrong on the game side of things.

3. Rocc0

Rocc0 Member

Feb 19, 2009
    Finland
    Yeah, I have played multiplayer like this too, Mario Party DS should be totally playable with 3DS, DS and a flashcart.

OP, are you trying to play using download play, or multicard play?

4. Lunatics
    OP

Lunatics GBAtemp Regular

Aug 9, 2010
    United States
    I was trying to use multicard play however it seems that does not work. I was able to use download play using the 3DS as the host but trying to start the game on the regular DS as the host would not work, my 3ds would never find the game or if it did it would fail to connect.

5. osm70

osm70 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 17, 2011
    Czech Republic
    Mario Party DS is download play only. You cannot do multicard play.