Gaming Mario Party 10 to be $49.99

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you've never played an mmo have you? sometimes people stay on them for hours! there is no reason why online cannot work in MP

To be fair I think Mario Party is much more party focused than any online game. Like the game is built around playing with a bunch of friends and having all that excitement in one room. Playing online with strangers is just kinda... sad.

Slartibartfast42

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Smash and Mario Kart are also party games that can actually be played online and if MK8 didn't have online play I wouldn't have bothered getting it. The offline mode doesn't really offer much replayability for offline gaming.

Yes it does. Invite people over. I don't want to play online with a bunch of people better than me, who I can't even talk to. Get some roomates, play with them, and their friends.

Slartibartfast42

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you've never played an mmo have you? sometimes people stay on them for hours! there is no reason why online cannot work in MP

If someone disconeccts in an MMO, nothing is really lost. If someone disconnects in Mario Party, the whole game is ruined. I would rage so much, that I wouldn't really play it online anymore.

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I find it sad how it's hard for some to think of a Mario Party online concept. It'd be not much different than local multiplayer in the 3DS version of Mario Party: Island Tour, except instead of Download Play and being in the same WLAN, the connection would be over the internet. If you have played Mario Party: Island Tour over Download Play, you can easily see the concept being possible online as well. Throw in voice chat and it's done. There really need to be done just few modifications to the game this way. However, we know Nintendo doesn't like voice chat in games and Nintendo thinks people still gather around on the same couch, but that's not entirely true in the current online generation. I'd love to play against my sister in Mario Party, but she lives in a different country. My best childhood friend whom I used to play the N64 game with locally also lives abroad. I have no way of connecting to them other than the internet and I know I'm not the only person with a situation like this. Nintendo needs to realize there's a very real need for online play.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
To be honest, the only person whom I play locally is with my niece who's 7 years and she tends to get very upset when she loses a match so this is another reason why I'd wish Nintendo Land and Mario Party 10 had online play, because if whomever was on the other end it wouldn't matter as there would be more players to toast.

She calls me a "cheater" (lol) even though that's not the case, but it reminds me of the CoD days that I had people calling me a hacker/cheater for having more kills than them.

As such buying Mario Party 10 just doesn't fit the bill.

Reactions: Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
She calls me a "cheater" (lol) even though that's not the case,

wah ahhaahhaaha i have a similar situation here. when i play against my nephews they say how come i keep getting the good items, higher rolls than them and say i'm cheating. than they say i can't use items against them cos it's not fair AND i'm not allowed to steal their stars either! they also get the shits when i constantly beat them in mini games and than i laugh when i'm winning :rofl2:
eventually they won't play me anymore :P

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ha. My boys kick my ass at everything. I have recently been staying up late practicing MK8 just so I can keep up and not come in 12th evertime. Lol.

I loved some of the board games on the Wii becuase the Wii enforced the rules and there was no cheating or "new" rules like my youngest makes up all the time.

Having kids I always have someone to play with but if you are single I get how important online is. My 9 year olds best friend lives a block away and they will sit at the PC after school and play a diggs diggy hole game and Skype using a phone or tablet. They never go outside unless it is to the pool or scouts.

So to get the the full version of this game you need to buy six amiibos so the total cost is around $118. Ha.

luney

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ha. My boys kick my ass at everything. I have recently been staying up late practicing MK8 just so I can keep up and not come in 12th evertime. Lol.

I loved some of the board games on the Wii becuase the Wii enforced the rules and there was no cheating or "new" rules like my youngest makes up all the time.

Having kids I always have someone to play with but if you are single I get how important online is. My 9 year olds best friend lives a block away and they will sit at the PC after school and play a diggs diggy hole game and Skype using a phone or tablet. They never go outside unless it is to the pool or scouts.

So to get the the full version of this game you need to buy six amiibos so the total cost is around $118. Ha.

That's funny. I bought mk8 thinking for sure, with all of my superior mk experience, I would kick my 8 year old's butt. I forgot that her 3dsxl came with mk preinstalled. DAMMIT! It took her all of 2 races to get used to the controls and I have not won a race since!

Yeah I'm still pissed that I am unable to complete my Pokemon collection of nfc figures since I cannot find anywhere here to buy them, since the first set was released. I sure as hell am not going to start spending my money on amiibo's now. That's all I need is for some of them to become rare and then the only way for me to get them is ebay where scalpers expect everyone to be rich to buy things. Nope, nuh uh, not gonna do it!

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have this gut wrenching feeling Nintendo is going to go all in with amiibos on the 3ds as well. To play your games on a mobile platform you will need to carry a backpack full of plastic figurines around.

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I'll pay $60 for a new Mario Party game that's actually a board game.

There's the Nintendo-themed Monopoly board games and I think I've seen a Mario chess game, too. Kinda unimaginative stuff, but perhaps the best one could hope for from Nintendo. They just don't make actual board games, which is a shame because they'd just have to license the characters to a company like Hasbro and make a real Mario Party. It'd probably sell with the proper marketing, too. (Maybe use amiibo and NFC for some more interactivity? Idk.)

Deboog

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's the Nintendo-themed Monopoly board games and I think I've seen a Mario chess game, too. Kinda unimaginative stuff, but perhaps the best one could hope for from Nintendo. They just don't make actual board games, which is a shame because they'd just have to license the characters to a company like Hasbro and make a real Mario Party. It'd probably sell with the proper marketing, too. (Maybe use amiibo and NFC for some more interactivity? Idk.)
No, I mean I would pay $60 for a Mario Party like 1-8. You know. Where you go around a board, collect coins, land take all sorts of interesting routes. Like a real board game. Not this go in a straight line 99% luck candy land crap.

Reactions: shinkodachi

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
No, I mean I would pay $60 for a Mario Party like 1-8. You know. Where you go around a board, collect coins, land take all sorts of interesting routes. Like a real board game. Not this go in a straight line 99% luck candy land crap.

Ooh... I really misread you there. :D And I agree 100%. It's why in Mario Party 10 only the "amiibo Party" seems interesting to me because it looks like a watered down classic Mario Party mode.

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
One day people will realize that Mario Party could never work online. Rage Quitting would take a new meaning if it happened.

You know online doesn't always mean playing vs. random people on the internet. I understand your concern, but there are an awful lot of other reasons to play online. E.g. someone you know (friend, family, hook up, whatever) lives in a different block, city, country, region, space, etc. and you just want to play together and can't be on the same couch. Then what? A game like Mario Party would be perfect for passing time, it only needs full voice chat enabled. I'd probably even call in sick at work and just play Mario Party at home on launch if they implemented that! It's not difficult to imagine Mario Party online either, ever played Island Tour on 3DS with Download Play locally? Same principle, but imagine the other person not being in the same room. The game rules in Island Tour make sure a single session won't stretch for too long so it's not boring. With voice chat, it'd be very entertaining. The concept is simple and would certainly work with minimal effort from Nintendo. If the Wii U had better online features, the game could even have something to filter opponents based on age and skill, so you'd play against people at your level. There are a thousand ways to accomplish this, I'm just thinking things off the top of my head and now I'm depressed because I've imagined a Mario Party online concept that I'd love to play but never will. Ouch.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
The 'Amiibo Party' trailer looked like so much fun but with two barriers to it it's quite a deal breaker really, although, by Mario Party 11 or 12 Nintendo should have figured out that people use online play more so than local multiplayer.

Local multiplayer:
Wired-LocalMultiplayer.jpg

Nowadays for most people -- Online Play:
guy-playing-video-game-660x440.jpeg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)