Gaming Mario Kart Wii - Things changed for the better??

The Afroman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK for starters, i have played through 500cc and 100cc and i have to say that the AI has gotten.. meaner. Second. Is it just me or are the items abit over powered/over used by the AI.. I remember in Mario Kart 64 and up the blue shell was a privilege/honor to get. Now it's spammed across the map ( I counted.. I got hit 4 times with the blue shell in 1 race.)

There seems to be less skill needed in the game, as we are now just hoping for the next item to save you and shoot you up 7 places. Almost ever item makes you drop your inventory, so there almost never gets to be instant revenge.

I don;t mind the fact that "snaking" was removed as even though i could sort of do it, i felt it was a disadvantage to younger players. But i feel the items are just TOO much. (POW, personal Lightning, full course lightning, blooper)

Also, Battle mode has been completely ruined for me.. the stupid AI is now FORCED to play with you.. no more 2 on 2, 4 player.. now it;s stupid team only. Anyone else have any complains?

MCorbet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So it isn't possible to play balloon battle with 2 persones offline ? or 3 persons ? without anny AI ??

jpxdude

Trophies
Website
www.geekpower.co.uk
XP
Country
kedest said:
well, CPU can be turned off in battle mode, just found out!

knowing this has made my day!
grog.gif

Timmy!!&

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I agree with all of you. Battle mode sucks... No fun in that...
frown.gif

And also, I still don't get why they didn't put more (retro) tracks in the game (incl. battle tracks) and other options... Why the hell didn't they do that....
Too bad, this could have been the ultimate MK.

Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jalaneme said:
thebobevil said:
jalaneme said:
only annoyance is you have to move the kart by turning the wiimote, is there a option to use the d pad?

You can use the classic controller, wiimote+nuchuck, and GC pad, as well as the Wiimote on it's own.

i will have to try with the wavebird later on then.

Yep ... I find the other control options superior to any of the Wiimote options ... though, my one-handed Rollin' technique works well, also.

The_Cylon_Surfer

Trophies
XP
Country
Has anyone found any option to change the split screen online mode to being a vertical split (ie 2 game screens side by side) rather than it being a horizontal split (ie 2 game screens, one on top of the other)? It seems rather foolish to have the game in a horizontal split in the days of wide screen TV's - each gamer would have a much clearer view of the track and onsceen shenanigans if the the screens were side by side....

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
The Afroman said:
OK for starters, i have played through 500cc and 100cc and i have to say that the AI has gotten.. meaner. Second. Is it just me or are the items abit over powered/over used by the AI.. I remember in Mario Kart 64 and up the blue shell was a privilege/honor to get. Now it's spammed across the map ( I counted.. I got hit 4 times with the blue shell in 1 race.)

i have to agree with you on that one, it's getting highly annoying doing the races now
mad.gif
keep on getting zapped, at one time i was zapped, bombed and hit with a blue shell at the same time and then later "powed" and you can't do anything to avoid them either.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/o4zjzHyB-I0?si=U77XLBb-jVVqtWXz +1